First4Figures Berserk Line Announced

Zurth

ベルセルク
It turned out really nicely!! :ubik: Now we just gotta wait for Tsume to get their Berserk diorama done.
We're truly living in the golden age of Berserk merch.. games, blu-ray remasters, collectible figures and statues.

What a time to be a reckless spender.

Saw the size posted in F4F's Facebook group, so I tossed together a hastily done comparison picture with P1's 1/4 and an estimated price.
(official word so far is "much more [than $549]" and close to their Amaterasu bust ($725)).

When we get better pictures, and a confirmation on the price, I'll update the image. Will include Tsume's piece as well when we get anything from them.

1QS0P5U.jpg

PS: I try to not show my bias, however my signature probably makes it beyond obvious, they're both great pieces though. :slan:

Zurth said:
(official word so far is "much more [than $549]" and close to their Amaterasu bust ($725)).

Hmm I was there at NYCC and saw the statue in person. It's actually pretty damn amazing and the stern face is quite good in my opinion. Especially from the 45 degree angle it's near perfect likeness IMO. As for the price, Chuckles said at NYCC to a customer standing next to me it will probably be around the $1000 range... so who knows.

As for the comparison picture, I feel like the F4F figure should be a bit bigger than it looks in the comparison, but it's hard to match since it's just a photoshop mockup. It truly did look MASSIVE in person, and it is indeed 1/4 scale. Actually I've seen both Prime1 and F4f Guts statues in person now (Prime1 at SDCC) and I think they will match each other pretty closely.

Zurth

ベルセルク
DirectDK said:
As for the price, Chuckles said at NYCC to a customer standing next to me it will probably be around the $1000 range... so who knows.

Really?? Damn, are you sure they weren't kidding? :magni: It feels insane to me for them to put it at the same price as P1 Guts.

DirectDK said:
I feel like the F4F figure should be a bit bigger than it looks in the comparison, but it's hard to match since it's just a photoshop mockup.

It should be pretty accurate though, had multiple people reporting the same size on F4F Guts and I adjusted him to ~83.33% of P1 Guts' official height (roughly 90 cm). Like the price though we gotta wait til he goes up officially!

DirectDK said:
Actually I've seen both Prime1 and F4f Guts statues in person now (Prime1 at SDCC) and I think they will match each other pretty closely.

Some people are probably gonna get both, can't wait to see how well they go together on a shelf! :serpico:

I was taken aback when I first saw it in person because I wondered how they dealt with the weight of Guts diving forward with his weight, the armor and the sword. That aspect impressed me the most and then I also saw other statues from Sideshow that had crazy poses with characters resting all their weight on one leg and so forth. It dawned on me that I was so used to see AOWs statues and their style, it's never as fluid looking or dynamic as these because of the materials they use or the weight of it all.

Vein-filled neck is mostly hidden underneath the cape and isn't noticeable from a distance. A minor attention to detail they left out for the DS was that the handle is short and the blade looks puffy if you look at it sideways.

Being a Berserk product, we know prices will be inflated unfortunately because of the standard AOW set but for that scale and pose, it's cheaper than what AOW would offer.

The exclusive version with the purple base was on display. Base looked good and I was more a fan of the pose. The pictures on page one are higher quality and detailed than mine but mine are pictured straight if it helps -

oNEETgA.jpg

wiFppB8.jpg

DirectDK said:
As for the comparison picture, I feel like the F4F figure should be a bit bigger than it looks in the comparison, but it's hard to match since it's just a photoshop mockup. It truly did look MASSIVE in person, and it is indeed 1/4 scale. Actually I've seen both Prime1 and F4f Guts statues in person now (Prime1 at SDCC) and I think they will match each other pretty closely.

Definitely closer to 1/4 or 1/4 for sure.

Zurth, if it helps, here's a comparison photo of the statue with me next to it. I'm 5'9 if that helps

gr6kUoM.jpg

Zurth

ベルセルク
Great photo IncantatioN, looking really good! Both you and the statue. :slan: And F4F's Guts is definitely 1/4 scale, sorry if I made it sound like I thought otherwise.

No matter what, 75 cm is huge, and definitely impressive for a 1/4 piece. I just hope that DirectDK is wrong about the $1k price tag :puck: Would feel quite uncharacteristic coming from F4F.. It would be very heavy indeed, at least with P1's piece landing on the same price point.

IncantatioN said:
Being a Berserk product, we know prices will be inflated unfortunately because of the standard AOW set but for that scale and pose, it's cheaper than what AOW would offer.

I'm not sure I would agree with this though, F4F usually delivers affordable statues (in the context of the statue collecting hobby). I would challenge anyone to find a comparable piece to P1's Zodd and to a slightly lesser extent Guts at their price points, they're definitely expensive, but you get a whole lot of statue for your money. The Berserk license seems to be pretty expensive, however I think AoW statues' price mainly comes down to their manufacturing process and maybe a price inflation since they had more or less monopoly on the market for a good while. That statement is quite unsubstantiated though and I'm not saying it's the case, just speculating.

@Zurth: You are absolutely sure your picture represents the right messurement? I knew that P1 Guts is a little bigger (if we take the official infos for now) than F4F's Guts but this seems to be a huge difference.
I also cannot believe it will be nearby 1000 USD. 1. They read themselfs that everyone expect a lower price than P1, 2.They said once it will be not more than their most expensive piece so far and that was Ammy Bust which costs 730 USD I think. 3. Because of this fact Fans would be really annoyed if it will be higher.

My guess from the start was about min. 600 USD to (because of the Ammy comment) 700 USD. I think 650 USD to 700 USD can be realistic. All above can also get real but then F4F's must justify the new price.

Zurth

ベルセルク
iguana said:
You are absolutely sure your picture represents the right messurement?

I am absolutely not absolutely sure it's the right measurements. :iva:

Though there were 3-4 people from the con who all reported the same height, and if it really is 75 cm then I'm fairly sure. Could be that the images aren't compatible, but they look to be from a similar enough angle to me.

Compare their thighs and shoulders, it's pretty much the same size, with F4F Guts coming in at a little bit smaller (which is to be expected since P1 Guts is a big 1/4). Keep in mind that F4F's piece have a large part of his body not visible directly from in front of the statue.

In the end please take it with a grain of salt until the official full unveiling of him from F4F. :puck:

iguana said:
My guess from the start was about min. 600 USD to (because of the Ammy comment) 700 USD. I think 650 USD to 700 USD can be realistic. All above can also get real but then F4F's must justify the new price.

I definitely think he's gonna be more expensive than $600, however $1000 is too much IMO. Then again, their Bowser did end up at $699, and he is way shorter and far less complicated. His price REALLY shocked me since casting material isn't that expensive, and the main money sink during the production is definitely the painting process. With every one of his parts being more or less monochromatic you'd expect that he would be less expensive, but there might be several factors that I have not considered fully.

Here you go if you if you wanna see him next to the other two:

AotVlQd.jpg

Zurth said:
I definitely think he's gonna be more expensive than $600, however $1000 is too much IMO. Then again, their Bowser did end up at $699, and he is way shorter and far less complicated.

I totally agree, I'm so shocked about how expensive the Bowser is and the Mario Tanooki statue was. I guess it must be solid resin, but still.

Zurth said:
Great photo IncantatioN, looking really good! Both you and the statue. :slan: And F4F's Guts is definitely 1/4 scale, sorry if I made it sound like I thought otherwise.

Incantation always looks good. Gotta hand it to the photographer too :carcus: hehehe.

Zurth said:
No matter what, 75 cm is huge, and definitely impressive for a 1/4 piece. I just hope that DirectDK is wrong about the $1k price tag :puck: Would feel quite uncharacteristic coming from F4F.. It would be very heavy indeed, at least with P1's piece landing on the same price point.

I could definitely be wrong. I hope I am! Haha. I was slightly distracted, chatting with Incantation / taking pics of the statue, when I overheard Chuckles talking with the other customer next to us. I know he certainly said "$1000" but maybe I heard it out of context? Personally speaking though, it was an impressive statue and as Incantation said... the Berserk inflation I think will play a part in the pricing. If you look at the Max Factory statues too, those are upwards of $1000, so I wouldn't be surprised if F4F follows suit. But we'll see! Like I said, I hope I'm wrong!!!

Also, Chuckles mentioned to me (I did eventually talk to him haha), that there will be an exclusive version (the base will light up, as well as the faces on the bottom) and there will be an option for bloody vs non-bloody... which is quite reminiscent of AOW, haha.

Zurth

ベルセルク
DirectDK said:
I could definitely be wrong. I hope I am! Haha. I was slightly distracted, chatting with Incantation / taking pics of the statue, when I overheard Chuckles talking with the other customer next to us. I know he certainly said "$1000" but maybe I heard it out of context?

As iguana said they miiiight have been talking about Prime1 Guts? Maybe.. sure hope they did at least.

DirectDK said:
[T]he Berserk inflation I think will play a part in the pricing. If you look at the Max Factory statues too, those are upwards of $1000, so I wouldn't be surprised if F4F follows suit.

I'm of the (maybe unpopular?) opinion that the Max Factory Guts is horribly overpriced haha! :ganishka: We'll fully know it when we have the P1 statues in hand, but I think their pieces prove one thing in particular. P1's Guts and Zodd are great value statues, not only in context on the source IP but in the statue collection world as a whole. Finding a ~90 cm tall statue with this much detail and such a huge base around the $1000 mark is unheard of, not to mention P1's notoriously excellent paint application and the fact that they utilize translucent resin for the skin on the statues (and mixed media for Zodd's fur apparel). They're still making money from these statues even though they're what I would definitely call great value, and from the Berserk license at that, which has had expensive written all over it from all previously released statues (I would say that GECCO Guts is a fence sitter in regards of price, not too expensive but definitely not cheap). I mean, check out the recently released Sideshow Iron man statue " https://i.imgur.com/LoTcBYR.jpg ", it's 63% of P1 Zodd's height and roughly 62% of its price, which sounds just right in paper, until you realize that height and price does not correlate at a 1:1 rate. A piece that is twice as tall as another is four times as big, and that is before taking into account Zodd's wealth of interchangeable parts as well as his mixed media and translucent resin (both of which makes the statue more expensive to produce).

Might just be that Young Animal / Miura love the company and statues so much so that they gave them a great deal on the license fee, however that sounds pretty silly. :iva:

DirectDK said:
Also, Chuckles mentioned to me (I did eventually talk to him haha), that there will be an exclusive version (the base will light up, as well as the faces on the bottom) and there will be an option for bloody vs non-bloody... which is quite reminiscent of AOW, haha.

Oh yeah totally, this is the exclusive version by the way. But the final product will have some LED light-up in the clear resin part of the base!

Alex was first of the opinion that there should be no blood or gore on this statue at all (probably why they went with the Berserk 2016 pinkish purple blood spirits for the base.. :puck: ), but I think it took some community backlash to get the blood option out there. I like the idea, some will want it while others wont, so everyone will hopefully be happy!

DirectDK said:
[...] which is quite reminiscent of AOW, haha.

At least it won't have a rust / blue / green / extra much blood versions as well! :troll:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IncantatioN said:
Zurth, if it helps, here's a comparison photo of the statue with me next to it. I'm 5'9 if that helps

Eyy IncantatioN, I altered my comparison and added your and DirectDK's photo instead (nice pic mate :slan: ), mine was actually a bit too small, with an emphasis on "a bit". Since F4F Guts is allegedly 75 cm tall, and P1's Guts is just over 74 cm to the top of his head the top of F4F Guts' sword should stick up just a bit above P1's head.

Here you go: :farnese:

hcPp6Zh.jpg

These pictures has gotten me to talk way too much about P1 pieces in a F4F thread, sorry about that. I'll try and restrict myself more in the future. As I said previously, I try to remain non-biased and neutral. :farnese:

After looking at the F4F statue I see now that the pommel on the sword is comically large. A slight blemish on a good looking piece. **Special thanks to Zurth for his recon and image posts** :ubik:

I have been following the F4F statue for months now. It will finally be available for pre-order in March.

Alex of F4F has been open about Berserk statues coming in at a "premium," cost. They also seemed to have pushed back the Guts pre-order timeline to avoid overlap with the Dark Souls Ornstein statue, which cost $599. This move seems to predict that the EX version of Guts is probably going to be one of their most expensive statues. They are very mum about the price, despite fan club members asking about it. I wouldn't be surprised if the EX version is starting to edge towards 1k. They do understand their their customer base isn't the same as say Prime-1, its why they refuse to make a Skull Knight on his horse, because it would exceed the price of their target audience, as Chockles told one poster. So the mystery remains. How much for the base model and how much for the EX?

I'm probably going to go for the EX Guts F4F and see what P1 can do with their version of Skull Knight. I'm also debating picking up P1 Femto as well.

Zurth

ベルセルク
This was posted in F4F's fan group a few days ago (regular base, not exclusive), proto looks pretty good and I'm hoping the price will be competitive! Also hoping they will have a better proto to product transition than their recent realistic pieces. :judo:

LUlqoWQ.jpg

Zurth

ベルセルク
Another update was their inclusion of blood on the statue :slan: , and I believe you'll be able to chose (free of charge) whether or not your ordered statue will have blood on it. It's nice that Alex caved in the end since he was against blood (and gore) from the start, and I believe the general consensus is the same.

The update was made like most F4F's tweaks are done, decided by the fans more or less.

The image to the left is the first paint attempt at it, and the image to the right is a digital touch up.
sbt2hav.jpg

Here we have the first physical tweak to the initial paint, most fans still thought it was far too bright and monotonous.
pEELCWM.jpg

(Firstly, sorry for the picture, the panel to the right is not the F4F statue I just couldn't find the original posted image, only this comparison) The third touch up, and second physical paint tweak, was by far the best received since they darkened it down a whole lot (image to the left).
J6eoA0G.jpg

Mangetsu said:
The statue by F4F is just okay imo. Not a fan of the face.

The paint-ups of the previous conventions display weren't final, but even still, having seen the statue in person, I think the faces are pretty good. I prefer them over the Prime1 Guts face, actually. Prime1 has their own style with their faces (much like AOW had their own "style" with theirs). But I do feel like F4F is going for a more manga-accurate face, so I'm pretty hopeful for it. Plus, the speed and dynamism in the picture Zurth posted of the statue from the side is quite impressive. I can't wait to see the final thing!

Zurth

ベルセルク
DirectDK said:
I'm pretty hopeful for it. Plus, the speed and dynamism in the picture Zurth posted of the statue from the side is quite impressive. I can't wait to see the final thing!

I'm hopeful for it as well, can't wait to see the production piece! However I am also a bit wary about it, cause of how their recent Sif and Nightmare pieces turned out. I just hope there was some issues at the factory for those specific pieces, and that it isn't telling of their realistic pieces at large. :puck:

I heard that it was going up for PO in march though, so that's really cool! Not sure if that info is correct though, since the piece was supposed to have a blind PO before the actual pre-order went up.. Gotta research some more.

I'm a big Prime 1 Fan, but I have to say their Guts looks more like a cosplayer. I prefer the Prime 1 base by far, but the F4F of Guts himself.

Zurth

ベルセルク
Alex, the head of First4figures, made a post about Guts yesterday, he more or less clarified that Guts' price will AT THE VERY LEAST be $699, but nothing is final yet. He finished the statement with saying that they should have a final price in a few weeks, which suggests that their latest estimate for the pre-order won't hold. It was suggested that Guts might go up during March, but with the price being a few weeks away that's starting to seem a bit unlikely.

With the emphasis Alex put on the price being at least $699 makes it feel like it's probably gonna be a bit above that. Really hoping it'll stay around there tho.. :/

They are dancing around the price so much, almost like Alex doesn't want to say it, but its probably going to total close to 1k for the EX (shipping included: The statue comes in 2 separate boxes) for people buying in the USA. The PO has been pushed to early April apparently.

Guts F4F is going up for Pre-order starting Friday April 6th. Pricing for the regular and EX is still pending and will be revealed at the time of pre-order. The word "expensive" is being thrown around for the EX.

Zurth

ベルセルク
Guts is up it seems, I'm not sure how their PO system works though. It seems kinda weird.. anyway, posted a link to to their collectibles storefront bellow, Guts should pop up at the top. There's 2 different versions; regular and exclusive, and a non-bloody variant of each if you're into that. :slan:

https://www.first4figures.com/collectibles.html

Ex price: $724.99

H: 28 inches (71cm)
W: 24 inches (61cm)
D: 22 inches (56cm)

Weight: 30.4lbs (13.8kg)

Reg price: $599.99

H: 27 inches (69cm)
W: 24 inches (61cm)
D: 20 inches (51cm)

Weight: 20.7lbs (~9.4kg)

Exclusive bloodied edition:

S5S9Fkj.png

PO is open for 2 weeks on this one. If they hit 1000 orders for the Ex, it closes after two weeks and then they'll do a last chance weekend for any stragglers. If it doesn't hit the 1000 in 2 weeks, they'll leave it open until they start producing them. Then validating your order is how you get the edition number:

https://www.first4figures.com/blog/how-to-validate-your-pre-order.html

Bought the Bloody EX Variant, it was just too good to pass up. I love that they are fine-tuning little things about the sculpt before release. It's gonna be good. :guts:

Top Bottom