First4Figures Berserk Line Announced

Was very happy with the pricing. Ended up with the bloody EX as well.

Competition is always good and in the end, the fans win.

Zurth

ベルセルク
I haven't had much interest in posting any further comparisons, but with official pictures and measurements out I feel it would be a disservice to not update the crude quesstimate I made with the risk of it coming off as misleading or willfully erroneous. :farnese:

P1 Guts' height is pretty accurate. The official numbers is slightly bellow 90 cm (emphasis on slightly), and my own production piece is a few mm less than that.

The first two comparisons I made were a bit too generous regarding F4F Guts' size, cause the (little) information from conventions we had proved to be incorrect for one reason or another. The obvious answer is that it was wrongly or haphazardly measured, however it could also be that the early prototype, if there was several, was bigger than the final production piece. I marked the red line (both being the same size of course) to roughly show that the comparison should be pretty accurate (albeit still crude), since P1 Guts stands 73 cm tall to the top of his head, which should be 2 more than the total height of F4F Guts.

Unless I've made some critical error this should be the final comparison I'll make for these two statues, unless something tremendous happens to F4F's production run.

6adwTIt.jpg

Hope someone else takes interest in these comparisons, anyway, tally-ho. :daiba:

Zurth

ベルセルク
MustardDragon said:
Cancelled my Bloody EX. It's for the best. The statue is decent, but I don't have the room it.

No one will judge you, we aren't all DirektDK after all! :ganishka:

Atocas

Voice in the Void
I'm usually just lurking around, but it seems like this hasn't been posted yet, so I thought I'd share.

Seems like First4Figures dropped pre-orders for a new Statue of Skull Knight, inspired by the scene when he infiltrates the lair of the Egg apostle. The statue actually comes in six different versions depending on what paint job, base and light up features you may want.

skull-knight_def-combo_cover.jpg

Personally, I kinda like it. I'll prolly pre-order one of them within the next few days, I don't think I need both considering their massive size, but I'm pretty confident they'd look good next to each other. The White Bone version is the better looking one to me, not a huge fan of the metallic paintjob.

Last edited:
Great piece with the best price point for its size on the market for sure. However the down side is that the edition size seen unlimited. The guts one from 2017 is still available for grab currently.

Eh, my main issue is that it just does NOT scream "Skull Knight" to me. The subject piece of the base doesn't seem to be that relevant to his character (having troll guts like in Qliphoth would have been more daunting especially since it was a much more memorable scene) and his pose is a little too dynamic for him considering we've mostly seen him standing and maintaining composure when he's been off horseback. I would have much rather had him in a more majestic standing pose showing off his shield or sword.

Plus I haven't been very impressed with F4F's paintwork so far, based on in-hand videos/pics of their Guts statue. The skin color ended up MUCH too red and even the ears had this ugly dark wash, making Guts look plain ugly imo (comparison pic with Prime 1 Studios' on the left from this video). This would've been okay for a $200 statue but the wonky face sculpt and paint job isn't a good look for a $600-$720+ statue.

Eck94bX.png

And his pose is a little too dynamic for him considering we've mostly seen him standing and maintaining composure when he's been off horseback.

To me it looks like he just dropped from somewhere and slashed an enemy, it kinda looks like when he tried to kill the Egg of the Perfect World by dropping in his cave.
I honestly prefer a statue of Skull Knight where he's in a dynamic pose than the usual "He's just standing there... Menacingly!" kind of pose :ganishka:
Of course, that doesn't mean that I like the statue, the face looks kinda off to me and I can't figure out what he's standing on, I just like the pose.

That Skull Knight just looks mediocre to me. Not bad, not great either.

Just like their Guts, the paint is lackluster.

Atocas

Voice in the Void
Guess it comes down to me to keep this thread a little updated every now and then, but I'm sure noone minds.

About a week ago First 4 Figures teased their own take on the Berserker Armor Guts.

BerserkerArmor-3840x2160.jpg

It's only a digital render, so you can't really say a lot about it at this point (though something about the shape of the helmet feels weirdly "off" to me) and we prolly have to wait a little while for another update.

Considering how much of their statues is based on the 2016/17 anime, I'm skeptic about this one. Owning the Prime 1 Version already, the only thing that might spark my interest is a better than average base or good use of LEDs. (Something which the Prime 1 Version sadly lacks.)

Guess it comes down to me to keep this thread a little updated every now and then, but I'm sure noone minds.

Yup! :casca:

It's only a digital render, so you can't really say a lot about it at this point (though something about the shape of the helmet feels weirdly "off" to me) and we prolly have to wait a little while for another update.

Kind of an odd angle in the preview image. We'll see I guess.

I kind of hate seeing renders. The statues are sooooo far off.

Top Bottom