So I made a full-size "functional" Dragonslayer out of hardened steel

Hi guys,

First post here. I don't want to be that guy who signs up just to drop a link featuring his own stuff but I figured the folks here would like to see this.

oKtInlp.jpg

b0FLpG9.jpg

All pics can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/GMlXo

Dope

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there. Looks neat! A bit off scale but great job nevertheless. Not too heavy to lug around?

Salem said:
Cool sword! :guts:

PS, nice album cover you got there. Sin.

Thanks, can you tell I'm a fan? :D

Aazealh said:
Hey there. Looks neat! A bit off scale but great job nevertheless. Not too heavy to lug around?

It's not bad to carry around, 54lbs, but trying to hold it by the handle is another whole can of worms.

Just curious, what do you think is off about the scale or proportions (other than the thickness)? It tends to change size a lot (including individual parts of the sword) depending on how it's drawn so I pretty much just picked what *I* thought was the best representation. I'd love to have feedback though.

Dope

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dope said:
Just curious, what do you think is off about the scale or proportions (other than the thickness)?

Well it should probably be longer/thinner for example, and the darker part in the middle should take up more of the blade and be straighter/less slanted.

Aazealh said:
Well it should probably be longer/thinner for example, and the darker part in the middle should take up more of the blade and be straighter/less slanted.

Yeah if I ever make another I'll probably make the stripe slightly larger (and thus the guard to match...and even the pommel). Not much, half an inch maybe.

Length...I'm not sure if anyone knows how long it's supposed to be for sure, I've always understood it to be slightly taller than Guts so I made it 6'5".

PS: Oh, and here's the build video for the sword if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKUYgDiEN0U

I just finished editing it today.

Dope

Top Bottom