New board section ...?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Hi Walter.
I've got a job for you.
I think it could be interessant to create a new board section talkin about concepts, it'd be all about good long brain masturbation. We could talk about good/evil, causality, accomplished/unaccomplished etc I could have many topics about that since I'm keeping on reading Nagarjuna.
Btw, Berserk has some sanskrit/indian animism/bouddhism concepts.
Some people could also talk about witch's things which is kabalistic or something like that, you guys must know that better than me. Well it's up to you, boss.
Guillaume.
"I'm a cold-hearted bastard, I'll save the world."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You mean a concept similarity section? Is there enough material to warrant an entire section? Today, Im actually going to make a section about Berserk in the USA, with all the posts about mechandise and the US release of the manga information.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
i got points to discuss indeed : condition, causality, svabhava and parabhava, dharma, ego(skandha), walking, seing(all senses), beginning and end, suffering, union, being, liberation, time etc...
There are _so many_ things, I think it can be only good and useful to do that. But it's me. :-\

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Btw, do you find the way of the Buddha or the Boddhisattva that is the better ?
I think most of men like men cant escape the Samsara, moreover, we like suffering, dont we?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
UrashimaSenpai said:
How 'bout a total Flame Board?
can't translucent victory be abused for that... and speaking of abuseing TV, you'll see why I don't have an avatar anymore in about a week.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
UrashimaSenpai said:
lol. What's good on TV? TV sux.
Damn first i thought you were talkin about television, which is also true ^^
Guillaume
"I've watched 'Escroc mais pas trop' 2000 of Woody Allen this evening, well, woody's some cool. I dont know original title : /"

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
this likely isnt worth the minute hassle it would be, but......

what about a trash section? I'm not talking about translucent victory, I mean a section specifically devoted to stupid newb threads, like all the ones that begin with "Hi".... Oh yes, and those silly threads where people ask for manga scans or where to get the "Lost Chapter" ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:this likely isnt worth the minute hassle it would be, but......

Darok [Profuse Plentitude] said:
what about a trash section? I'm not talking about translucent victory, I mean a section specifically devoted to stupid newb threads, like all the ones that begin with "Hi".... Oh yes, and those silly threads where people ask for manga scans or where to get the "Lost Chapter" ;)
Like Translucent Victory?

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
yeah, I guess hehe. After the whole debacle about Lady Grifffith and the following moral arguments, I had thought maybe it was above that... okee hehe.

Pointless suggestions? Check!

or maybe not... you renamed it the trash can ;D

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I tell you why you cant make a section devoted to noobies ; because noobies often post in wrong boards, such as current manga : /

Filthy Wretch

UHH FUUHHHH
Guil Torchonlskyon said:
Btw, do you find the way of the Buddha or the Boddhisattva that is the better ?
I think most of men like men cant escape the Samsara, moreover, we like suffering, dont we?
Indeed while not many admit it maybe because it's sub-concious but not deep enough in the recess of our mind ie. close enough to the surface to make us be stuck in one bothersome loop, So that we are always going through the same pain and feelings again. IMHO I agree with guil's board idea, Walter I will send you intimidating pictures of Batman if you make it for us, or maybe if you dont make it for us ;D

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
a USA section??? yay lets have it overrun with disgruntal parents who were too lazy to read the back of the fucking dvd or flip through manga pages just to double check...idiots.

I think guil has a kinda good idea, but i don't know about a usa board, but do whatever the hell you want wally you own it.

G

Genn21

ShinHell (oh shit said:
a USA section??? yay lets have it overrun with disgruntal parents who were too lazy to read the back of the fucking dvd or flip through manga pages just to double check...idiots.

I think guil has a kinda good idea, but i don't know about a usa board, but do whatever the hell you want wally you own it.

The trashcan was deleted once why bring it up again :D.

Why usa ? A international use & politics section would be more appealing. Being so closed minded to think the usa makes the world is to be american. I'd like to see the events happening on earth through others eyes tho. so down with the usa section ( im not a terrorist even through this following speach has damaged my homland security ... all blame psymont )

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Genn21 said:
The trashcan was deleted once why bring it up again :D.

Why usa ? A international use & politics section would be more appealing. Being so closed minded to think the usa makes the world is to be american. I'd like to see the events happening on earth through others eyes tho. so down with the usa section ( im not a terrorist even through this following speach has damaged my homland security ... all blame psymont )
I was talking about the idea wally had before:
Walter said:
You mean a concept similarity section? Is there enough material to warrant an entire section? Today, Im actually going to make a section about Berserk in the USA, with all the posts about mechandise and the US release of the manga information.

G

Genn21

There's more info posted on the scrolling banner than a entire news section could offer ( beside blank pages & more speculation ... thats what we have merchandise for anyhow .)

personally i feel that we should have a thread/board/list devoted to the funniest and dumbest threads of all time on the board.

just a moderator list or something of the sort.

those that contribute to the board, and those that bring it down, should be properly recognized.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
krebs4life said:
personally i feel that we should have a thread/board/list devoted to the funniest and dumbest threads of all time on the board.

just a moderator list or something of the sort.

those that contribute to the board, and those that bring it down, should be properly recognized.
Well, the Trash Can was a compilation of the shittiest threads on the board. But, I destroyed it because it was a huge, hairy mole on the bare breast of the BBS.

The way I govern the board now doesn't allow for shitty threads to last more than a day or so. They'd be gone before anyone even had the chance to read them.

thats understandable wally b

infact thats what should be done, otherwise youd end up like sk.net looking like my forum.

but this still allows for dumb posts, and funny posts.
some of the best from both of these categories come from the more intelligent threads.

if you think its a dumb idea, or just dont feel like going through the trouble of it, say so, just dont sugar-coat an answer for me

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it's a dumb idea. If I did, then why would I have started The Trash Can in the first place? But based on how much the board degenerated when the Trash Can was around, I can't support idiots like that anymore. In this way, they don't even have a voice. They can cut loose on some other forum if they feel like it.

Elitist? Well, yeah. But is that really a new concept here?

As for a 'Best Posts' category? I post them as sticky topics, which keep them at the very top of each category.

Top Bottom