GREETINGS EVERYONE!

The Wack Swordsman

Put your grasses on.
Greetings,

Since I've seen the many introductions of those who joined this site it'd be proper to make one myself since I, a selfproclaimed hardcore BERSERK fan, am new here. :carcus:

I discovered BERSERK when I was circa 16 years old. This was the anime of 1997. It was one of my first anime to ever watch (which is a bad idea in hindsight since many animes I watched soon after didn't live up to the expectations I had of gore and such).

At first it felt like it was your typical medieval story only with a first episode that showed the supernatural aspects. I wasn't really into it at first so I finished it over a period of something like two weeks. It had very memorable moments and I thought it was pretty decent overall...

Until the last 2 episodes ofcourse... Where reality crashed down and where I was suddenly reminded about the fact that this anime indeed contained the supernatural. OH GOD. What rape it was for the noob I was. Very memorable indeed. :isidro:

I remember being frustrated not knowing what happened afterwards... And after some months I finally stumbled upon the BERSERK MANGA by chance (it is but mere causality :void: ) cursing myself for being so stupid not knowing the existence of the manga :???:.

Ofcourse I read the whole thing as much as I could that day. That was a given.
(with a headache afterwards)

The following years I kept reading berserk (like an addict) occasionally during my studies while I kept telling myself that when I got work I'd buy all of them beautiful chapters. I will buy all of them but I just need to gather some money and have a decent place to safely store it. Heck I'd even send some extra money and a personal letter of thanks to the author but that would probably be a bit over the top since we got to respect his privacy... :farnese:
Don't want to scare him like Farnese scares Schierke a bit with the huge amount of praise now would we?

It truly is a great piece of work. Every single time I read BERSERK I'm still amazed by all those little details one can still find even after all those (countless) times I read it.
Thank you for this masterpiece Kentaro Miura, you beautiful son of a Corkus.

And thus I find myself here. :ubik:

I'm very glad to find a place like this... Filled with BERSERK fans!

Top Bottom