Berserk > Character Cove

Has anyone developed any interesting accents for characters while reading?

(1/2) > >>

Ruhe Strom:
Over the past week or so, I've been rereading the Lost Children and Conviction arcs, and was pleasantly surprised when I started imagining Guts talking with a husky Scottish accent (something akin to Dwalin's voice from the Hobbit movies, only a little younger). I found this really enjoyable and I'll probably read him with such a voice from now on.

This got me wondering if anyone else has thought of some interesting/unusual voices for characters that might suit them.

Aazealh:

--- Quote from: Ruhe Strom on March 19, 2017, 10:05:31 PM ---Over the past week or so, I've been rereading the Lost Children and Conviction arcs
--- End quote ---

For information, the Lost Children chapter is the first part of the Conviction arc. It is followed by two other chapters: the Binding Chains and the Birth Festival.
You can find a comprehensive list of all episodes, chapters and arcs here.

--- Quote from: Ruhe Strom on March 19, 2017, 10:05:31 PM ---This got me wondering if anyone else has thought of some interesting/unusual voices for characters that might suit them.
--- End quote ---

That's an interesting question, and my answer is: not really. I don't really hear the characters' voices in my head when I read.

jackson_hurley:
Well, for me it's not a particular accent but sometimes (and mostly if it happened recently) I will hear the voice actor's voice when reading. Well at least for Guts, Griffith and Casca. I'd say mostly from the old anime. The movies and the last anime I watched the subtitles. But generally no, I don't have a specific voice in mind when reading the series.

Walter:
I imagine the various adaptations have played a large role into people's perceptions of the character's voices. For me, when I think about it, I still hear Guts' 1997 voice actor, but it's gotten deeper over time  :guts:

jackson_hurley:

--- Quote from: Walter on March 20, 2017, 02:41:35 PM ---I imagine the various adaptations have played a large role into people's perceptions of the character's voices. For me, when I think about it, I still hear Guts' 1997 voice actor, but it's gotten deeper over time  :guts:

--- End quote ---

Pretty much the same for me. And that's only when I think about it.

The same thing happened to me when I was reading the Dexter series. Once I saw the tv show I could not stop seeing and hearing the actor's face/voice when reading the book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version