Author Topic: Milan trip  (Read 804 times)

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
Milan trip
« on: May 09, 2017, 05:52:33 PM »
When it comes to taking time off, I get 2 weeks in a year (most times I squeeze in a 3rd week to take advantage of 5 sick days that I never take) and I've always gone back home to visit the family. I've been to Toronto twice because of family and that's about it. So, I'm kinda excited to hit up Milan this September. Why Milan ... because return tickets were $350 and it was one of those things where you had to pick up the ticket the same day you saw the deal otherwise you wouldn't see it again. I’m more of a mountain/ beach/ outdoorsy/ the less the people the better kinda guy but an opportunity to explore any city I won’t shy from.

We fly out on the 20th and leave Milan the afternoon of the 27th. I’d love to spend more of my time in Milan itself but the group I’m going with are more seasoned in their travels, some already having been to Florence, and there’s their take of what the trip should look like. We’ll be booking our rooms together, so it’s one of those things where I’m going to go with the flow I guess (?) … but I’d love to check other things out if there’s other stuff worthy of checking out. Here’s the plan of the trip so far per a mock-up of the itinerary the group came up with. I have zero input on it thus far …

Thursday – we check out DaVinci’s last supper and a place called Duomo.
Friday – leave for Florence in the morning and stay all of Saturday.
Sunday – leave for Cinque Terre and stay all of Monday.
Tuesday – come back to Milan or Lake Como.
Wednesday afternoon, we fly back.

So I’m here for recommendations from any of you who’ve been to or around Milan! As a tourist, I wouldn’t know if a food-place is legit or one of those tourist traps featured on most “Top restaurants to eat at in Milan” websites. Do also recommend any places within an hour or two hours of travel distance that you think would be worth checking out.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Feel the funk blast
Re: Milan trip
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 06:02:10 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun, man! I hope you have a lovely trip! I don't know much about Milan, but for your time in Florence, I hope you have time to check out the Uffizi Gallery. It really is worth any time you can spend there.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 09:19:06 PM »
That gallery looks amazing with its ceiling art, thanks for the recommendation Grail! I haven't seen anything like it before, in person so this'll be a treat. I'm gonna push for checking it out. One of the girls on the trip studied in Florence and suggested going there to relive her college years and there's a lake either there or somewhere close to there.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 04:17:47 AM »
Hey I'm back after being busy the last year with school and stuff. I hope you have a great trip. Share pucs when you get back .

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 06:46:31 PM »
That group plan sounds good enough. Enjoy the trip!

Offline CatBrains

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 11:08:15 PM »
Hi, I'm brand new to this board, and you have no reason to trust me, but I was in Milan last summer for a bit and there was a restaurant there that stood out for my girlfriend and I.  Just wanted to share.

http://www.nikoromitoformazione.it/spazio/spazio-milano/

It's called Spazio.  It's a little hard to find, but it's near the Duomo di Milan which is the central square of the city.  The price point is a little above the average dinner, but the trick is, you are getting really high quality meals.  Meals that would normally cost a lot more.  It's all because the chefs working in this restaurant are finishing the last step for some famous cooking school, and so you're basically getting a discount because the chefs working there haven't graduated (despite having the skills).

It's a very nice restaurant besides that, as far as decor and whatnot.

As general advice goes, don't forget the sunscreen, and there's always room for gelato!

Hope you have fun!

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
Thanks Branded and Aaz! Cool recommendation CatBrains, I've added it to our list of spots to possibly check out, thank you.

Offline NightCrawler

• Of the Vortex
  • Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 09:50:15 PM »
My advice is the less time you spend in Milan, the better. Enjoy :)
Berserk isn't really "dark fantasy" either. It's plain fantasy
Miura has been very protective of Berserk

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 10:57:50 PM »
My advice is the less time you spend in Milan, the better. Enjoy :)

What's your favorite European cities?

Have fun on your trip, Incantation! I won't ask you to do it, but if you run into any fashion models in Milan I won't complain if you give them my number.  :carcus: