Judeau's name

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I think that could interest some here, since nothing was really said about his name ; we didnt know if it was french or anything. I've found this :

The first Jewish settlers to Poland came in the seventh to ninth centuries from areas of nowadays France. Hence the genealogy of Polish word for a Jew - "Żyd" - derives from Judeau, roman word for geographical province of Judea.

Also, I've seen there are people in France called Judeaux since at least 16th century...
Do you think i've found a reason of why he was a circus traveler ? ...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
The only difference between Judeau and the French is that he doesnt surrender everytime!

Hiyo! I am here all night, make sure to tip the waitress! ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
The only difference between Judeau and the French is that he doesnt surrender everytime!

funney.jpg

Lliugusamui

around the corner
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
The fact is Judeau people from France werent really french (though we cant say they werent obviously ).

SomeKindOfBlue

How, Caska? How could you not pounce this man?
Lliugusamui said:
Also, I've seen there are people in France called Judeaux since at least 16th century...

While on the subject... I have - on my many hopeless google searches - found plenty of records on (supposedly) french people with the last name "Judeau", without the 'x' too.

...And many biblical/religious pages and arguments ("In the judeau/christian theology..." or somesuch), but those are of even less interest to me... *shrugs*

Lliugusamui

around the corner
SomeKindOfBlue said:
Lliugusamui said:

While on the subject... I have - on my many hopeless google searches - found plenty of records on (supposedly) french people with the last name "Judeau", without the 'x' too.

...And many biblical/religious pages and arguments ("In the judeau/christian theology..." or somesuch), but those are of even less interest to me... *shrugs*
I've seen these judeau 'x-less' too ^^
As for Bibel, I dont know/havent read it. But in french, we talk about the 'théologie judeo-chretienne', do you mean that in english it is 'judeau-christian theology'? If it's the case, I can only blame me for my lack of english vocabulary. Btw, why would french people have 'english-like' name ?
Humm that's remembering me of some words like Tennis : first it was french and called Tennetz(=tenez=take that) then english borrowed it, and when they popularized the sport, we took english word.
Am I babling ? :)

SomeKindOfBlue

How, Caska? How could you not pounce this man?
No, no... when I said 'supposedly french' I meant that I hadn't checked it up properly and that there are many other countries where french is a major language, so just because they have a french name it doesn't neccesarily mean that they are from france.

P

psymont

i need to know where Judeau got his brand for my fan fic, but i cant remember .... anyone?

P

psymont

currently i am at a friends house, on a friends computer, approximately 10 miles away from the aforementioned volumes and my scans lay dorment in my laptop. in the palm right? i dont remember. all ive got now...*points finger* is you!

puella

Berserk forever
If Guts cut off his neck would he get rid of the band? ::)

* See, a while ago I made a thread similar to that.
But I meant just physically, not cut off but peel off or something.

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=843

Top Bottom