Author Topic: Episode 351  (Read 16594 times)

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
Re: Episode 351
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »
Wow, after 10 years of not reading a new berserk, I have now caught back up.

Long time no see, old boy.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2017, 04:12:04 PM »
Wow, after 10 years of not reading a new berserk, I have now caught back up.  Although I was hopeful they would be further by now, I am still quite happy they have gotten further in the story than I had expected.  I was still expecting them to be on Roderick's Boat making a few more stops along the way. 

Interesting, a 10-year hiatus?! SO LAZY! You've got some catching up to do :void:

Highlights over that span include:

The community's reaction to the big Femto/SK scene, which was pretty crazy to see at the time.

That time in 2009 when Miura answered our interview questions.

Puella's translation of the Berserk Illustrations File interview

The Berserk movie trilogy and all the discussion around it

The god-awful 2016 animation

And of course all of our podcasts
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Headless Death

• Of the Nexus
  • u/QuartetGhent
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2017, 05:49:47 PM »
Long time no see, old boy.
Thanks, good to see a lot of the old faces haven't slacked as much as I have.
Interesting, a 10-year hiatus?! SO LAZY! You've got some catching up to do :void:
I definitely do, Although I caught up with the current chapter, I now need to reread yet to refresh the story in my head, since its had a long time to fade since my last reread.  I told my Wife how long its been since I read it, and she commented, "So this series that you've talked about the last 6 years I've known you, and you haven't even kept up to date since before I knew you."

The community's reaction to the big Femto/SK scene, which was pretty crazy to see at the time.
That was exciting.  One part of that I was unsure of was if SK inadvertently aided in Femto setting off the "Bomb" to merge worlds, or if SK was just unsuccessful in stopping it.

That time in 2009 when Miura answered our interview questions.
Awesome, It's nice to hear that as of 2009, He was thinking of Berserk as 60-70% complete.  To me that means that we may be approaching the final arc within the next 10 years.

Puella's translation of the Berserk Illustrations File interview
I remember this one. 

The Berserk movie trilogy and all the discussion around it
After watching this on Netflix, got me to think it was about time to start catching up.

The god-awful 2016 animation
While the animation was awful for mouth movement, and making everything shiny. I appreciate it as a summary of some of the plot points, even if many things were glossed over, or outright ignored. I'm still likely to pick up the set when it's released in January, Despite the Loud clangs of the Dragonslayer.  And even wouldn't mind seeing more, as I still enjoy seeing adaptations that I can absorb lazily at times.

And of course all of our podcasts
I'll need to check those out.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2017, 06:18:10 PM »
Thanks, good to see a lot of the old faces haven't slacked as much as I have.I definitely do, Although I caught up with the current chapter, I now need to reread yet to refresh the story in my head, since its had a long time to fade since my last reread.  I told my Wife how long its been since I read it, and she commented, "So this series that you've talked about the last 6 years I've known you, and you haven't even kept up to date since before I knew you."

"That's just how much you mean to me, honey"  :casca:

That was exciting.  One part of that I was unsure of was if SK inadvertently aided in Femto setting off the "Bomb" to merge worlds, or if SK was just unsuccessful in stopping it.

He was just there to slice Femto. Then his attack was manipulated and used to rupture Ganishka. He seemed rather surprised.

Awesome, It's nice to hear that as of 2009, He was thinking of Berserk as 60-70% complete.  To me that means that we may be approaching the final arc within the next 10 years.
I remember this one. 

That's true, but that's what I've said twice within the past 20 years, so we'll see :badbone:
:femto: :slan: :ubik: