Episode 351

Sareth said:
Holy shit, Farnese and Schierke are fighting cock monsters. So much for "Berserk is too lighthearted, Miura doesn't have it in him anymore," that whiny edge lords always claim.

"Oh my god the latest volumes are set in a quasi utopia and an Elfen paradise isolated from the rest of the world, where's the rape and gore?1!, also Isn't the story getting slow?, all we've had so far is the reveal of Elfhelm, the Flowerstorm ruler, Casca's curing and revelation of what the Spiral Tree really is"

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
We can see Farnese holding the tiny-casca sprite in her hands. It makes me Wonder if she's gonna talk a little bit more then last time.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sareth said:
So much for "Berserk is too lighthearted, Miura doesn't have it in him anymore," that whiny edge lords always claim.

We could spend all day explaining why stupid people's opinions from other parts of the Internet are incredibly dumb and plain wrong, but frankly that's not a very good use of anyone's time. Hell, it could be its own thread without problem with how much idiocy gets thrown around!

Can't wait for this episode. I really hope they fix Casca. I wonder how Guts will react to it really. And i wonder how Casca will react seeing Guts' appearance this way, having one eye, one hand, and a little white hair. But the most important, what will happen after this. Let's not forget Skull Knight's speech in the beach
And Skull Knight himself did not show up for a long time now. I missed him :badbone:

jackson_hurley said:
We can see Farnese holding the tiny-casca sprite in her hands. It makes me Wonder if she's gonna talk a little bit more then last time.
Totally missed that! Thanks for pointing it out. I would hope we hear more from her this episode - since she has progressed to the point where she can now speak, it would seem strange not to have her speak again this time. But then again, the words she spoke last time were so important, maybe that's all we'll hear from her for now. :???: Time will tell!

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I am also scared for her. I mean, would it not be more safe to put her back in the coffin? It would be a disaster if she was to get lost somehow in that infernal forest of gore. Now I'm sure nothing will happen the to sprite actually but I'm still scared. this is how the story gets to me!

Menosgade

Not all those who wander are lost
themorningmoon said:
Totally missed that! Thanks for pointing it out. I would hope we hear more from her this episode - since she has progressed to the point where she can now speak, it would seem strange not to have her speak again this time. But then again, the words she spoke last time were so important, maybe that's all we'll hear from her for now. :???: Time will tell!

Precisely. She said a lot with few words. The dream itself is already conveying her past and feelings, making words ~kinda~ superfluous. To me she feels like a silent child that'd speak when there's a really good motif.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The title is: "Forest of Corpses and Spiky Cedars". The petals have led the girls to the top of the mountain, as they expected. Their last line is "that is the last fragment". Huge cliffhanger, as expected.

Man from the creatures in elfhelm to the ones in this episode and now to see these new designs, this man miura never runs out of cool ass, creative designs to draw. The forest and that final spread is perfect, Farnese and Schierke are disturbed and exhausted and they haven't even seen that final memory, pretty crazy how it's well guarded. The art in this episode looks beautiful as well, Eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kaladin said:
The forest and that final spread is perfect, Farnese and Schierke are disturbed and exhausted and they haven't even seen that final memory, pretty crazy how it's well guarded.

From puella: Schierke says at some point "If we didn't know that it's a dream, we might even faint."

Immense episode. I love of all of this. Crazy to think that Elfhelm started on a very lighthearted note, and although we all knew that this kind of stuff was coming, in the big picture it creates a very well balanced atmosphere for this section. Those penis monsters remind me a lot of Hr. Giger designs for ''sexual'' stuff. Love the inclusion of Mozgus a lot too! Very clever use for it. Im also glad that Miura still did his own thing, instead of using the big hand for the depiction of the eclipse.

Aazealh said:
From puella: Schierke says at some point "If we didn't know that it's a dream, we might even faint."

Wow so they have to constantly keep themselves in check while dealing with the creatures in this hellish scene, they can do it, i expect nothing less from our girls!

Mangetsu said:
Immense episode. I love of all of this. Crazy to think that Elfhelm started on a very lighthearted note, and although we all knew that this kind of stuff was coming, in the big picture it creates a very well balanced atmosphere for this section. Those penis monsters remind me a lot of Hr Giger designs for ''sexual'' stuff. Love the inclusion of Mozugs a lot too! Very clever use for it. Im also glad that Miura still did his own thing, instead of using the big hand for the depiction of the eclipse.

the sight of mozgus is always welcome, anytime any place :ganishka:

This is a minor detail but i wonder how they will reach the final fragment, will they send the good ol' golems to break the branches?, will they use magic? will they fly over the branches to get close to the center? i wonder.

I'm also looking forward to the Sovereign of the flowerstorm's intervention soon, if the situation gets too intense and the girls are too tired or how she will pull them out of casca's mind.

LINK REMOVED

Thank you! really loving the variety in these other creatures, and it looks like that manifestation of mozgus is helping the girls!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A translation of the Korean text from puella. As usual, there might be inaccuracies.

Title: Forest of corpses and thorny cedars

Page 1

Farnese: Horrible
Schierke: ...A forest of corpses and thorny cedars.
Schierke: If we weren't aware that we're in a dream, we might faint.

Page 2-3

Schierke: The petals are, as expected, leading us to the top of the mountain.
Schierke: Let's go.

Page 4

Schierke: Be careful.
Schierke: As I said before, our bodies might be affected if we're hurt in this dream.
Farnese: Ah...yes.

Farnese: Thank you, Guts.

Farnese: ...Anyway, this is a terrible scene, indeed.
Farnese: What kind of experience on earth brought her to this...

Page 5

Schierke: ...I must say, if an accident that is horrible enough to have caused her to bear this kind of image happens to us, our mind will collapse.

Farnese: If you're scared, you can go back into the coffin...

Farnese: ...If you're in danger, keep your head down.

Page 6-7

Farnese: Eek!
Schierke: They arouse even more physiological aversion.

Page 8

Schierke: Lady of the Underwater Depths

Schierke: Golems! Fight them!

Page 10

Farnese: Ahh

Farnese: Outnumbered... We can't withstand them only with Golems...

Farnese: Teacher, (they are also) at the back...!
Schierke: We're going to be surrounded!

Schierke: To get out of here...!

Schierke: What's this pack...?

Schierke: ...A tree root.

Schierke: ...Oh yeah, this is...

Schierke: Following the pledge, hurry to come out!

Page 11

Schierke: Lord of the Rotting Roots

Lord of the Rotting Roots: Rot.

Page 12

Schierke: Now is the time!
Schierke: Fire Wheel, open a way for us.

Schierke: Now is our chance to go...!

Page 14-15

Schierke: When we get out of this field of organs, we'll reach the foot of that mountain.
Schierke: Let's hang in there...!
Farnese: Yes!

Farnese: Let's keep going just a bit more...
Schierke: The trees are so thick here that the big monsters won't be able to chase us.

Page 16

Farnese: We got caught!
Schierke: We're in trouble...!

Schierke: I don't have anything to cast a spell at hand. Nothing at all.

Schierke: We have no choice but to run as fast as our feet will carry us...!
Farnese: No... no way. We're simply going to get caught...

Farnese: My Serpents of Thorns... can't cope with such big enemies...

Farnese: This is...

Page 17

Mozgus: Immediate Divine retribution!

Page 18

Mozgus: Gooood Preeesssss!!

Schierke: Farnese, that is...
Farnese: I think I also brought him from my dream.

Page 19

Schierke: Come on! Let's climb!

Farnese: The number of branches is increasing...!

Schierke: No! The passage will be blocked! Everybody hurry up!

?: The more we advance, the bigger the hostility of the world becomes.

Page 20-21

? : It seems like the master of the dream refuses for us to open up our eyes...

Farnese: We..we got through the crisis...

Page 22

Farnese: It's...

Schierke: This is the last fragment

Wow!!! A sensational episode, with the biggest cliffhanger I've seen in years :ubik:

Aazealh said:
Farnese: My Serpents of Thorns... can't cope with such big enemies...

Farnese: This is...

Page 17

Mozgus: Immediate Divine retribution!

Page 18

Mozgus: Gooood Preeesssss!!

Schierke: Farnese, that is...
Farnese: I think I also brought him from my dream.

It seems to me that Farnese's and Schierke's journey through Casca's dreams is almost as much about them opening up and expanding the scope of their own minds as it is about curing Casca's mind. In this particular scene, for example, Farnese is forced to think outside the box and improvise on the spot with Mozgus when every other witchcraft technique she and Schierke throw at the phallic-shaped monsters isn't working. I think for Farnese, this journey through Corridor of Dreams will be the kind of steep learning curve that will make her make her a great witch in her own right and allow her to shake off the "apprentice witch" label once and for all. Improvising, creative thinking, loosening up the cogs of her mind and overcoming the mental blocks that are holding her back - these are critical skills that cannot be taught in controlled classroom environments even under the best witches' tutelage (e.g Flora's mansion or the witches' school on Skellig) and Farnese must learn them "on the job." While we don't know how much the experience in the Corridor of Dreams is going to change Farnese, I don't doubt she will come out of this a much more powerful witch than she was ever before.

Thanks for the translation, Puella. You work fast.

More neat and absolutely disgusting creatures. Millipedes are always cool, and I'm getting serious Wyald vibes from those...penis apes. But I find it especially interesting how much more of a clear and physical form they all have when compared to the shadowy and blob-like monstrosities encountered earlier. Even the landscape has a more defined shape with this forest of viscera. It seems Casca's mind gets progressively clearer around this specific memory, like this is what she's constantly dwelling on to expense of everything else. :sad:

I also just realized that if Schierke and Farnese were able to smuggle in the items they found in their respective dreams, among other things...then could it mean Farnese is carrying the Sylph Cloak, Dragon Slayer, and Berserker Armor as well? If so, things could get very cool or very scary soon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnny Apples said:
While we don't know how much the experience in the Corridor of Dreams is going to change Farnese, I don't doubt she will come out of this a much more powerful witch than she was ever before.

I think this experience is more about personal development (for both Farnese and Schierke) than gaining "power". No doubt it will benefit them on several fronts, but the way you approach this feels rather reductive to me. And let's also not forget that there might be negative consequences for them in the end. Like Schierke said, direct exposure to what traumatized Casca would hurt them as well, and even just being wounded in that environment could have repercussions in the real world. So there's still a chance they'll come out of this with a few scars of their own.

Cyrus Jong said:
I also just realized that if Schierke and Farnese were able to smuggle in the items they found in their respective dreams, among other things...then could it mean Farnese is carrying the Sylph Cloak, Dragon Slayer, and Berserker Armor as well?

These were the actual people in her dream (and not simply their clothes), just represented differently. I don't think it will come into play unless there is a final enemy guarding the "egg" in addition to the thorns. Otherwise I think next episode will focus on them dealing with the painful memory of Casca's rape and then confronting her after the doll becomes whole.

The Mozgus part made me crack up. :ganishka: Schierke's summons function very similar to their previous appearances, though multiple at once and without it taking time to cast. Farnese's Mozgus summon is just really out there; a his pseudo-apostle stone face with fucking chains and grinders in his mouth. That's awesome and hilarious.

Menosgade

Unfortunately this episode is bringing up some people that believe Casca was raped by the apostles before Femto in the eclipse (phallic creatures), and don't that want to understand that she was not.

Menosgade said:
Unfortunately this episode is bringing up some people that believe Casca was raped by the apostles before Femto in the eclipse (phallic creatures), and don't that want to understand that she was not.

I thought she was, with how excited the apostles were to have a female sacrifice, the panel of her bleeding crotch, and the flashbacks during later sexual assaults. Or do you mean specifically penetrated by their genitals as opposed to tentacles and thorny tongues?

Menosgade

Sareth said:
I thought she was, with how excited the apostles were to have a female sacrifice, the panel of her bleeding crotch, and the flashbacks during later sexual assaults. Or do you mean specifically penetrated by their genitals as opposed to tentacles and thorny tongues?

She was "abused", but not really raped (penetrated) as how she was by Femto. The people that I argued with (only I had arguments btw) were convinced that she was raped by one of those tentacles with claws, even tho that is not shown, there was simply no time for that to happen and I don't see how she wouldn't be tore apart from inside.

I found a post where Aaz makes an extense and good explanation on this, if you want to read more. http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14024.0

Menosgade said:

It's always been a bit ambiguous, especially with the time gap between when we last see her and when Guts does. The flashbacks focusing on them don't help either. However it doesn't seem physically possible due to the size and shape of some of the apostles. Hopefully the coming episodes will lay all this to rest once and for all.

Regardless, Casca had a traumatic experience throughout the Eclipse. Even without raping her, the monstrous apostles were probably their hedonistic selves and left a deep impression.

EDIT: BTW Please note that I did NOT name the linked to topic that title.

Top Bottom