Author Topic: So i have this theory  (Read 1292 times)

Offline PraiseTheEclipseBro

So i have this theory
« on: September 25, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »
Does anyone think it is plausible that Casca will use the Beherit?  But in a turn of event she sacrifices herself for guts.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Re: So i have this theory
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »
But in a turn of event she sacrifices herself for guts.

Would they then have two brands? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89mVQhJ_rrk
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Online Sareth

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:51:14 PM »
Pretty sure the God Hand would just laugh if she tried.

Offline shinpeiro

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:42:52 PM »
Hello everyone,
New to the forums. Been following Berserk since 1999-2000 when I was living in Japan and to the core, a HUGE Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star fan. I own the Dreamcast/PS2 and PS4 games just because I want to support Miura's work. Been reading some info on Skullknight.net off and on for 10 years, but first time I actually registered and I am enjoying the podcasts.

I have a very similar theory with Casca using the Beherit, but a different sacrifice. Although not to be a tease and not explain my theory, but I'm of the mind to let the author do the storytelling and let the fans appreciate his work/art. I'll explain when the series comes to an end. I don't want to jinx anything  :-X  :zodd:
"Struggle, contend, wriggle!"

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 10:56:26 AM »
I have a very similar theory with Casca using the Beherit, but a different sacrifice. Although not to be a tease and not explain my theory, but I'm of the mind to let the author do the storytelling and let the fans appreciate his work/art. I'll explain when the series comes to an end. I don't want to jinx anything  :-X  :zodd:

:schierke:

No one will remember this post ever existed by the time the series come to an end. Sounds like your theory, if it exists, simply can't withstand public scrutiny.

Offline DANGERDOOOOM

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
  • "He was a strange man. Somehow inhuman..."
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 02:40:45 AM »
Does anyone think it is plausible that Casca will use the Beherit?

Doubt it.

Offline shinpeiro

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 12:14:50 AM »
:schierke:

No one will remember this post ever existed by the time the series come to an end. Sounds like your theory, if it exists, simply can't withstand public scrutiny.

It's ok, just commenting on the original thread topic. It doesn't need to be remembered. Lol!
Just glad to be part of the group.
"Struggle, contend, wriggle!"

Offline Lithrael

• Of the Nexus
  • Remember, always hold your apple tight
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »
The trouble with all the edgiest sacrifice ideas in Berserk is that the closest relationships are between people where one or both have already been sacrificed and so are apparently ineligible.  And the runner-up relationships aren't close enough to have the narrative punch to make it interesting storytelling.  I mean, picture Isidro doing it.  My reaction would be 'huh' rather than 'shock!!'  and that's not what Miura wants at all.  We'd have to build up to something with Rickert or even Sonia or Mule to get a sacrifice worth writing. 

My current favorite prospect for sleeper mystery is what is really wrong with Azan.  But since nothing in Elfhelm is freaked out about him it's not likely to be anything that crazy. 

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 05:29:26 PM »
The trouble with all the edgiest sacrifice ideas in Berserk is that the closest relationships are between people where one or both have already been sacrificed and so are apparently ineligible.

Indeed, for a variety of reasons I don't expect the beherit to be used in a traditional manner. It's been around for too long to end up creating "yet another" apostle for Guts to kill. I think it will be used in an alternate way, possibly involving Puck.

And the runner-up relationships aren't close enough to have the narrative punch to make it interesting storytelling.  I mean, picture Isidro doing it.  My reaction would be 'huh' rather than 'shock!!'  and that's not what Miura wants at all.  We'd have to build up to something with Rickert or even Sonia or Mule to get a sacrifice worth writing. 

Well I'd add Serpico to that list, with a caveat. His future is certainly up in the air right now. But I'm not sure him sacrificing Farnese (and Guts immediately destroying him) would make much sense, or lead to a more interesting story scenario.

My current favorite prospect for sleeper mystery is what is really wrong with Azan.  But since nothing in Elfhelm is freaked out about him it's not likely to be anything that crazy.

If anything were wrong with him in that regard, it'd have to have been something that could slip past Schierke all this time as well. I think we pretty much know Azan's situation, it just hasn't been explicitly laid out in the story yet.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 09:44:50 PM »
I think all the, relatively, recent emphasis on it's properties as a "key" is a not so subtle indication where things are going, but how we're going to get there and in what state is the interesting part (we can't even be sure how it works anymore in a post-Fantasia world). But like Aaz says, nobody is going to remember our half-baked theories by the time it comes to fruition, so we might as well go nuts: Casca uses it to separate Griffith and the child... somehow? :ganishka: :???:

Or, the more chalk answer, Guts uses it to fast access/confront/kill God Hand(s).

"Who do you wish to sacrifice, struggler? ..." :void:

:guts: "... YOU, MOTHERFUCKER!" *CLANG* :badbone: <(Surprise! And that's my name for him!)

Offline Menosgade

• Of the Interstice
  • Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 10:00:40 AM »
But like Aaz says, nobody is going to remember our half-baked theories by the time it comes to fruition, so we might as well go nuts: Casca uses it to separate Griffith and the child... somehow? :ganishka: :???:

That just gave me an insight! I could almost forgive you now, Griffith.  :beast:

Morda.

She has a cunning, deceitful look. We've seen that Morda doesn't give much of a f*ck to following restrictions, and if she is not aware of what the Beherit really is and how it works (what seems plausible even for young mages), it might lead to a situation where she has this choice. Maybe it'd happen for a just cause like the one you made up, but possibly with catastrophic results...

I can't see anyone of the group using the Beherit. At least not in the traditional way of ambition -> sacrifice for power -> evil monster.  It definitively would happen in a very specific situation, making a creative use out of it.

How powerful would a sorceress apostle be? What would she sacrifice? How would this affect the island?

If Femto (therefore, IoE) wants to get rid of the mages, what better way to do this than tearing them from inside? I'm pretty sure they can hold their own in a direct fight, if it ever happened.

*inserts huge cliffhanger with a background eclipse*
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:21:44 AM by Menosgade »

Offline buttonmasher

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 10:24:36 AM »
I like the idea that Puck is slowly transforming the beherit into something new or some sort of anti-Beherit.  If we're getting crazy here then maybe one day the Beherit starts returning Puck's affection or even starts "talking" to him and giving him inside info.  Maybe Puck has influenced the Beherit enough for it to become the missing component for SK's weaponized collection to work effectively. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:51:57 AM by buttonmasher »