Author Topic: Favorite two-page spreads  (Read 11577 times)

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
Re: Favorite two-page spreads
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 05:52:40 AM »
I am REALLY looking forward to this. Now that this is out in the open, theres no turning back, CnC!! :SK:

Well, I kinda just did something like this (color-wise).  Perhaps in the future I'll tackle this one but I make no promises  :serpico:
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Death_Maiden

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 06:21:36 AM »
My fav?

The whole manga itself, its just one big 2 page spread full of violence, sex and win. And I love every bit of it.
Yea exactly. You can't pick a fav, it just can't be done.  It has a lot of good art all around which also visable changes as the time goes on - getting better. But that happens with everything and also allows one to see how the artist is improving and changing things but thats another story

Offline handsome rakshas

• Of the Vortex
  • Thanks Grail!
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 06:26:31 AM »
I attempted to color that panel when it was first released way back when.  As I recall I never really got anywhere with it.  Maybe someday I'll give it another go :/

Oh you TEASE!

Offline Raijyu

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 02:50:50 AM »
My fave would have to be the spread depicting Guts' surprise attack on Roshinu.
Mainly because it shows how desperate and unmerciful Guts is when it comes to apostles - even children like Roshinu. I mean, come on, he's on fire for god's sake! xP

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/Tokioka/BerserkSpread.jpg

Offline Zurth

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 03:48:07 PM »
Nor sure if I should say sorry for resurrecting an ancient topic but I just can't help myself.  :griffnotevil:

I absolutely love the Conviction Arc, my (at the moment) favorite arc of Berserk with some breathtaking art. This before and after shot in particular.

Some more incredible art from the Conviction Arc, the latter has been posted before but I think this one is a bit neater.

To contrast to the first two images I want some horrible shit as well, which is just as much Berserk as moments of serene beauty. The artistic design that's on highlight here.. The spacial construction and flow of the images are just wonderful!  :ubik:

And even more pieces to showcase Miura's absolute mastery of the medium. I wouldn't call this first one minimalist in any other context then that of Berserk, but I kind of have to lol. And the second spread.. oh my god.. My hands hurt from just seeing that.  :isidro:

The juxtaposition of the beauty of Miura's depictions of Griffith's panels and the undertones in context of the series makes for some of the best art pieces in Berserk, but we always gotta remember...  :femto:

This was just a few ones that I happen to like in particular for the moment, however every time I re-read the manga, or re-watch the -97's anime (happy 20th anniversary, just 1 day late  :slan: ) I always fall in love with individual panels in every volume. Can't we just post the entire manga here? Illegal? Ahh, yeah... nvm.

Hope you enjoy and start sharing panels again! It has been a few years.  :daiba: