Author Topic: Stuff that reminds you of BERSERK  (Read 22904 times)

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Re: Stuff that reminds you of BERSERK
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2017, 02:50:56 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyjjz8inz8o

Came across this old DePalma movie from 1973 and obviously I thought of  :femto:

You didn't know about Phantom of Paradise until 2017??
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2017, 02:59:09 PM »
You didn't know about Phantom of Paradise until 2017??

Nope lol. Shocked myself because I thought I was a self respecting De Palma fan. Somehow I missed this. Though in my defense, I generally stay clear of musicals. I've always hated them.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2017, 03:01:28 PM »
Nope lol. Shocked myself because I thought I was a self respecting De Palma fan. Somehow I missed this. Though in my defense, I generally stay clear of musicals. I've always hated them.

While we're at it, I feel compeled to add that the movie is based on a French novel from 1910 (although that specific mask is unique to the movie).

Offline skull0801

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2017, 10:27:37 PM »
The Brazilian Air Force emblem reminds me a lot of the Band of the Falcon's flag.

Offline Zurth

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2017, 09:34:38 AM »
There's been a lot of Band of the Falcon insignias / emblems and I have another one for you.

When I see the symbol for the Jedi Order from Star Wars (right) I always think about Berserk (left), it feels like a straight up sci-fi interpretation or a re-imagining of sorts.

Offline Voldo

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2017, 11:09:36 PM »
Akuma from Tekken 7 reminds me of Zodd.

Offline Menosgade

• Of the Interstice
  • Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2017, 09:52:40 AM »
Those who stand fast and delve into the dark.

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2017, 10:38:52 PM »
I know this has been mentioned before at points but I was watching The Night Before Christmas with my son last night and I couldn't help but be reminded of the visual similarity between the evil wheelchair bound Dr. Finkelstein and GH member Ubik.   Obviously coincidental, but Dr. Finkelstein is a great antagonist character that does indeed have an evil appearance which is very effective at being scary to young children. Something about those dark glasses tightly pressed into a bald white head and a creepy mouth with big lips. Miura tapped into this unique type of appearance with Ubik originally. Seeing Dr. Finkelstein in motion in the claymation style had me trying to visualize what Ubik would be like while watching his scenes, which I could picture well. I forgot how well done and unique Nightmare is, having not seen it in many years. Not much else quite like it.