I don't understand the prophecy, can you help me?

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I thought we could get into speculations with this.

I'm not understanding the prophecy about the Hawk of Darkness/Light.

Azan, at the "red lake", said: "The revelations said that when the sun dies five times a red lake will appear to the west of the city with a name both new and old."

And Farnese said: "It is proof that the fifth angel will alight. The angel is the Hawk of Darkness. The master of the sinful black sheep, the king of the blind white sheep."

I know Griffith/Femto is both, but my questions are...Who "created" this prophesy? I mean, did the Holy See write it? I know they confused the Hawk of Darkness with Guts, but if they make the connections and realize Griffith is the Hawk of Darkness, would they be against him?

Could the God Hand be related to the Holy See? I don't know why but the brand reminds me of the Holy See logo.

All this prophesy and Holy See stuff it's just confusing for me, maybe you can help me. And sorry for my bad english.

Off Topic: Wow, my karma went down from 7 to 2, maybe I did something wrong? Is there a way to see what comments of mine got down voted? So I can improve.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, so for starters, here is the full version of the prophecy, correctly translated:

"When the sun will have died five times, a red lake will appear at the west of the city with a name both new and ancient, and it will be the sign that the fifth angel is born. The angel shall be a Falcon of Darkness. Both master of the sinful black sheep and king of the blind white sheep. The one who shall bring an age of darkness upon the world."

Notice that the Falcon of Light is not referenced here. This prophecy is specifically about the Falcon of Darkness.

Fancypantaloons said:
I know Griffith/Femto is both, but my questions are...Who "created" this prophesy? I mean, did the Holy See write it?

We don't know who created the prophecy, but it predates the Holy See as far as we understand. We know that because Schierke quotes the prophecy when she's first introduced (while gathering intelligence on Griffith), indicating that it is known among magic users.

Fancypantaloons said:
I know they confused the Hawk of Darkness with Guts, but if they make the connections and realize Griffith is the Hawk of Darkness, would they be against him?

The Holy Iron Chain Knights (led by Farnese) mistook Guts for the Falcon of Darkness, but that was long ago. I guess in theory, yes, if the Holy See had known Griffith was really the Falcon of Darkness the prophecy warns against, they might have opposed him. But things have worked out very differently. Griffith was recognized as their prophesized savior and has been acting as such. It seems pretty clear by now that the Holy See as a religion was part of a long-term scheme to benefit the God Hand and their master (the Idea of Evil). And at the current point of the story, it's not clear whatever leadership they had still exists aside from the Pontiff (who's completely enraptured by Griffith).

Fancypantaloons said:
I don't know why but the brand reminds me of the Holy See logo.

Yes, the resemblance isn't coincidental. Walter first connected those dots over 15 years ago.

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Aazealh said:
Alright, so for starters, here is the full version of the prophecy, correctly translated:

"When the sun will have died five times, a red lake will appear at the west of the city with a name both new and ancient, and it will be the sign that the fifth angel is born. The angel shall be a Falcon of Darkness. Both master of the sinful black sheep and king of the blind white sheep. The one who shall bring an age of darkness upon the world."

Notice that the Falcon of Light is not referenced here. This prophecy is specifically about the Falcon of Darkness.

We don't know who created the prophecy, but it predates the Holy See as far as we understand. We know that because Schierke quotes the prophecy when she's first introduced (while gathering intelligence on Griffith), indicating that it is known among magic users.

The Holy Iron Chain Knights (led by Farnese) mistook Guts for the Falcon of Darkness, but that was long ago. I guess in theory, yes, if the Holy See had known Griffith was really the Falcon of Darkness the prophecy warns against, they might have opposed him. But things have worked out very differently. Griffith was recognized as their prophesized savior and has been acting as such. It seems pretty clear by now that the Holy See as a religion was part of a long-term scheme to benefit the God Hand and their master (the Idea of Evil). And at the current point of the story, it's not clear whatever leadership they had still exists aside from the Pontiff (who's completely enraptured by Griffith).

Yes, the resemblance isn't coincidental. Walter first connected those dots over 15 years ago.

Excellent, I understand know. Thanks for taking your time to answer my doubts. I know it can be tiresome to answer the same things or discussing the same themes over and over again through the years, so I appreciate that you take your time to answer newcomers like me.

I can sleep well now...Until the next episode.

Top Bottom