Hey all. I've been a fan of Berserk from when I first discovered the manga about 11 years ago.

I saw the anime first and initially I just wanted to know what the hell happened next. However, after I started the manga I was surprised to discover that there was so much more to the story both in content and depth.

Looking forward to continue following the series along with everyone here.

Sygorian

Is free will a thing though?
Welcome McAngus !

I had a similar experience, but I just watched one episode of the original anime before diving headfirst into the manga !

Faded

Your time is the most precious gift of all.
I was the same way as you, except I saw perhaps 5 minutes total of the 1997 anime before I went and purchased the first 38 volumes within the same week. It's funny, with all the hype that the movies / 2016/2017 anime's got they are still not selling fans on the manga nearly as much as the 90's adaptation. Its been over 20 years and that series is still selling volumes. Imagine if we ever got a proper modern adaptation, Berserk would be incredibly popular if given that kind of exposure IMO.

I loved the Golden Age which the anime covered, but the story after was simply wave after wave of awesomeness. It's like I would finish a volume and be like "OK there is no way this could get any more awesome" and then the next volume I open Guts bursts out of the chest of an apostle xenomorph style wearing the most bad ass set of armor I've seen since god knows when and at that point I was addicted.

I'm sure you will love it here, the admins are all very helpful and I've learned so much in just a short time being here.

Yes, a proper adaptation would really be awesome. The Golden Age arc was great but most of my favorite parts came after that. Oh well, we can always hope.

Faded

Your time is the most precious gift of all.
McAngus said:
Yes, a proper adaptation would really be awesome. The Golden Age arc was great but most of my favorite parts came after that. Oh well, we can always hope.

I actually think that the next Berserk adaptation should be a stand alone movie of about ~2 hours in length covering the black swordsman arc. It would give fans who have seen the Golden Age animated before something new, while getting new fans hooked because they will want to know why the "hero" of the story is so consumed with rage and vengeance. The arc perfectly sets up the world of Berserk & explains Beherits and how apostles are created etc etc. It just makes so much sense to me.

Another benefit of a studio doing the black swordsman arc, they could really focus on making the fight scenes / facial expressions gorgeous because they wouldn't have to animate a whole bunch of side characters, its mostly Puck and Guts vs the world at that point in the story.

Hypothetically the studio wouldn't need to cut a whole bunch of stuff either, because the arc is completely self contained without a bunch of loose ends needing to be tied up.

Would you agree or disagree with my thoughts, McAngus?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Faded said:
I actually think that the next Berserk adaptation should be a stand alone movie of about ~2 hours in length covering the black swordsman arc.

Indeed.

Top Bottom