About X

ThaBlackSwordsman

Darkness In A Twisted Light
I need a lowdown, i saw the movie, and i was quite confused... and was not partial to the hugging of heads... but anyways, anyone seen this? i am thinking of buying the first 3 dvds cause it looks nice... but i need a quick summary of the main character "camwi is it?" and a quick lowdown of the story, like purpose. if someone can help thanx.

S

SoulCrasher

The series and movie are VERY different, especially the ending (didn't care for either endings, but its a matter of opinion). I owned the movie and saw the series (much more satisfying), and still can't remember the names of the characters, but to answer your question, Kamui is a powerful being who comes to Tokyo to reclaim the sword his mother leaves him at a shrine, and gets involved in a battle between the Dragons of Heaven and Earth over the future of earth, which he doesn't want to get involved with. He is destined to make a choice but when his childhood friends he swore to protect get involved, he is forced into the battle.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
DVD extras are great huh?

A reference to make everyones life easier...Dragon of Earth
Kamui Shirou - The yellow eyed guy in black. "God's Power"
Sorata Arisugawa - Genki Lightning boy - annoying
Arashi Kishu - A sword comes out of her hand
Yuzuriha N(H?)ekoi - Genki girl with a wolf-dog - also annoying
Subaru Sumeragi - Pentagram "boy" #1
Seiichiro Aoki - Wind master and family man
Karen Kasumi - fire master, prostitute, and christian

Hinoto - Dreamseer

Dragon of Heaven
Fuma Monou - Kamui's Jemeni - really cool-twisted in the series, kinda blah in the movie
Kakyo Kuzuki - dreamseer, comatose, controlls dead -NOT IN MOVIE
Satsuki Yatouji - fuses with computer - opperater of "The Beast"
Nataku - artificial, sexless construct... uses a long cloth in combat
Seishiro Sakurazuka - Pentagram "boy" #2 missing his right eye
Yuto Kigai - Water master, also uses a whip - I think he was split in the movie
Kusanagi Shiyu - JSDF, his power? ... umm... strong?

Kanoe - dreamwalker

X is a wonderful series being distributed by Pioneer, in my opinion the best anime "distributing" company out there. Ok I don't really know why, but I just like their products, their packaging, etc...

And X is no exception, it has a awesome slip-cover and reversible dvd covers for each volume. It's also in a sexy clear case, much better then the usual shit discs that even AOL comes in. The only problem I have with these US Region 1 DVD's is the fact that there are hardly any episodes on each disc... I mean 3 eps, wtf is that? At least 4!!!

But yea, if you watched the movie and hated it, (i mean who didn't hate it? they got problems) then you still owe it to yourself to watch the series. Simply forget anything and everything you saw on the X Movie. The X series is fantastic and pretty deep.. in fact I didn't even understand some of it my first sitting. It does have some problems but the story itself and a few of the characters are simply amazing....

In fact Sorata, the main ally of Kamui (main character), is probably in my top 5 favorite anime characters (with Guts being number 1 heh). He alone is worth watching the series for, such a great character... uh yea X is cool, watch it, buy it if you could afford the 3 episodes a disc. I would reccomend not watching Episode 0 however, it's pointless boring and has spoilers which happen later in the series (which after watching, you'll just be looking for those damn spoilers)

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Episode 0 IS useful. It was released as an OVA before the series came out, and is there for those that have a hard time keeping up with all the characters, so they can get a sense of the overarching plot for each character.

S

SoulCrasher

ThaBlackSwordsman said:
so is the whole series on these dragons?

Well there are 3 or 4 non dragon characters who are important, but the action revolves around the dragons, the dreamseers and Kotori. go to http://www.dragonsofearth.com/ and http://www.dragonsofheaven.com/ for more info and clips

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Re:DVD extras are great huh?

Majin Tenshi said:
A reference to make everyones life easier...Dragon of Earth
Kamui Shirou - The yellow eyed guy in black. "God's Power"
Sorata Arisugawa - Genki Lightning boy - annoying
Arashi Kishu - A sword comes out of her hand
Yuzuriha N(H?)ekoi - Genki girl with a wolf-dog - also annoying
Subaru Sumeragi - Pentagram "boy" #1
Seiichiro Aoki - Wind master and family man
Karen Kasumi - fire master, prostitute, and christian

Hinoto - Dreamseer
I just love it because it has a prostitute in there for no reason :p. it's the buisness dude, the surfer-like dude, that annoying little bitch with the dog, the guy who died, and A PROSTITUTE

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
shes a bath-house girl. not quite a prostitute I believe, or rather a sub-section of prostitutes ( they don't do any intercourse I believe)

Top Bottom