Author Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice  (Read 662 times)

Offline ryOtoha

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
« on: July 01, 2018, 09:49:47 PM »
Let's continue our discussion in this thread. Here's a Story breakdown by Vaatividya.

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 12:56:42 PM »
Thank you for making a dedicated thread, ryO!

Is the Japanese title really “We Will Endure?” I wish they had used that for our version. That’s way more badass, in my opinion.

Also, just a warning for fellow viewers: The video gets kind of spoilery at the end. Tread carefully.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 01:14:39 PM »
Also, just a warning for fellow viewers: The video gets kind of spoilery at the end. Tread carefully.

Spoilers for Sekiro or another From game..?
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Cyrus Jong

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »
Spoilers for Sekiro or another From game..?

Just for Sekiro.

Offline Bleac

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 07:50:32 PM »
Let's continue our discussion in this thread. Here's a Story breakdown by Vaatividya.

Good to see a dedicated thread, also good starter post, but I feel like you should've included both the story and gameplay breakdown from Vaati, for those of us more on the technical side.

Offline VladimirPutin

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/20/gamescom-2018-sekiro-release-date-and-collectors-edition-announced

Soo ... we know when it's coming out and how's collector's edition going to look like. I'm buying the standard edition, but this looks pretty neat.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 02:24:07 AM »

I see what they did there... and I like it! Looking forward to March 22nd. :guts:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 02:42:58 AM by Griffith »

Offline Bleac

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 07:01:49 AM »
Some more Sekiro: SDT gameplay from the recent Gamescom demo event:

Here's Marcus (ENB) with some commentary in addition to the footage.
Also Vaati with just 21 minutes of silent gameplay.

I recommend watching both if you have the time because it really shows the multitude of angles this game can be approached from.

Offline VladimirPutin

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 12:58:32 AM »
This game looks dope ... and hard. I like it. I like this second boss on the bridge, it reminds me of big guys with swords from Bleach, anime I've used to like xD

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 03:50:08 AM »
Indeed it does look good. I only watched enough gameplay to confirm it was indeed the new Souls (the camera, basic movement, and flask chugging all checked out =) despite the sales pitch that it's not just another Souls. Otherwise, I rather just experience it for myself.

Offline ryOtoha

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 09:13:30 AM »
So thanks to the TGS trailer (and my japanese colleague) we now know that the mysterious second sword of Sekiro is called Fushikiri/ふしきり or Fushigiri/ふしぎり which can be translate by ''Undead Slayer''.
Otherwise...Blood smoke technique, a Spear (prosthetic weapon), a glimpse at the Corrupted Monk and other bosses and... wall jumping obviously.

Vaativadya take on it
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 09:25:14 AM by ryOtoha »

Offline Keratos

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »
Some people were pretty worried about this game because of Activision but to be honest, from the trailer and gameplay, it looks very promising. I really love the "Souls" games from FromSoftware and i also love old japan and samurais so it looks like a game for me :ubik:

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 03:43:30 PM »
The gameplay pretty much looks exactly like what you'd expect from the next step in the Souls/Bloodborne lineage, so nothing is going to dissuade me. It's just a matter of if I go for the PC or PS4 version. Steam teased me with q pre-order offer yesterday, but my PC and video card are pretty up there in years, Nioh ran like shit on it, so I might be better off just grabbing the safe bet and getting the most out of that PS4 investment anyway. Longterm I can always buy it on sale for PC later if I just want to have it on there "forever" (not like I replay all these games anyway).