Author Topic: Volume 40 release  (Read 2348 times)

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
Re: Volume 40 release
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »
Volume can preorder on Amazon

Sweet! Unfortunately for me it'll have to wait a bit. I've got to sterilize my cats and it's gonna cost me a lot.  :judo:

Offline NCHaskew

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2018, 09:58:05 PM »
Volume can preorder on Amazon

Wow! I legitimately was unsure if there'd be enough chapters. I just got my DH copy of 39 and, whoo boy, I was struck by how thin it was  :isidro:

Offline Mangetsu

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 05:38:38 PM »
According to Amazon the volume will have 180 pages.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 05:43:02 PM »
According to Amazon the volume will have 180 pages.

That sounds like there will only be one more episode in the volume (so... seven episodes total). For reference volume 39 has 196 pages.

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 05:49:34 PM »
That sounds like there will only be one more episode in the volume (so... seven episodes total). For reference volume 39 has 196 pages.

Damn, looks like we might get after all the shortest volume in the series so far. You think they're trying to go for a volume a year no matter what like Walter speculated a while ago in this thread?

I'm not sure what I prefer, a stuffier volume but not every year or a volume with whatever amount of épisodes they can get their hands on...

All I can say for sure is that I need my Berserk fix! haha

Thoughts/preferences guys?

Offline Mangetsu

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 05:51:41 PM »

Yep, pretty sure it will be only one more episode unfortunately. When i saw 180 pages i thought 2 more episode for a moment, but forgot about all the empty+information pages.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 06:04:51 PM »
Damn, looks like we might get after all the shortest volume in the series so far. You think they're trying to go for a volume a year no matter what like Walter speculated a while ago in this thread?

v38 (2016): 9 eps; v39 (2017): 8 eps; v40 (2018): 7 eps — sure seems that way to me.

I'm not sure what I prefer, a stuffier volume but not every year or a volume with whatever amount of épisodes they can get their hands on...

I'd prefer consistently sized volumes, personally. The episodic run isn't as important as the lasting experience, in my opinion.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 06:35:29 PM »
I'd prefer consistently sized volumes, personally. The episodic run isn't as important as the lasting experience, in my opinion.

Very true imo. And to be honest, I don't mind the wait anyway. F*** the impatient ones. The results are always awesome too.

It kinda sucks (at some point) that they seem to go in that direction. (I like stability in my bookshelf. Vol 28, or was it 30 I don't remember, always stand out a lot in my shelf with the paper change for one volume. But thats just me being picky I think hah)

Though I wonder if it'll alternate between 7 to 8 ep per volume with that kind of release schedule.

Offline berserk_prime

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 07:11:54 PM »
I wouldn't want to jinx it, but, to me, it seems like they're trying to release a volume this year, because Miura is going to take a longer hiatus again. Perhaps until the beginning of 2019

Offline Sareth

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 07:16:44 PM »

I'm not a fan of volumes getting scrawnier for the sake of making a yearly release, I'd much prefer waiting for a consistent value.

But anyway, sounds like 357 will come August 24.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 07:17:03 PM »
I wouldn't want to jinx it, but, to me, it seems like they're trying to release a volume this year, because Miura is going to take a longer hiatus again. Perhaps until the beginning of 2019

Baseless speculation.

But anyway, sounds like 357 will come August 24.

Yep, seems that way.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline berserk_prime

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2018, 07:24:29 PM »
Baseless speculation.

I hate the idea of this being anything close to reality myself. I guess, just have to wait and hope for the best