Volume 40 release

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mangetsu said:
According to Amazon the volume will have 180 pages.

That sounds like there will only be one more episode in the volume (so... seven episodes total). For reference volume 39 has 196 pages.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
That sounds like there will only be one more episode in the volume (so... seven episodes total). For reference volume 39 has 196 pages.

Damn, looks like we might get after all the shortest volume in the series so far. You think they're trying to go for a volume a year no matter what like Walter speculated a while ago in this thread?

I'm not sure what I prefer, a stuffier volume but not every year or a volume with whatever amount of épisodes they can get their hands on...

All I can say for sure is that I need my Berserk fix! haha

Thoughts/preferences guys?

Aazealh said:

Yep, pretty sure it will be only one more episode unfortunately. When i saw 180 pages i thought 2 more episode for a moment, but forgot about all the empty+information pages.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Damn, looks like we might get after all the shortest volume in the series so far. You think they're trying to go for a volume a year no matter what like Walter speculated a while ago in this thread?

v38 (2016): 9 eps; v39 (2017): 8 eps; v40 (2018): 7 eps — sure seems that way to me.

I'm not sure what I prefer, a stuffier volume but not every year or a volume with whatever amount of épisodes they can get their hands on...

I'd prefer consistently sized volumes, personally. The episodic run isn't as important as the lasting experience, in my opinion.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
I'd prefer consistently sized volumes, personally. The episodic run isn't as important as the lasting experience, in my opinion.

Very true imo. And to be honest, I don't mind the wait anyway. F*** the impatient ones. The results are always awesome too.

It kinda sucks (at some point) that they seem to go in that direction. (I like stability in my bookshelf. Vol 28, or was it 30 I don't remember, always stand out a lot in my shelf with the paper change for one volume. But thats just me being picky I think hah)

Though I wonder if it'll alternate between 7 to 8 ep per volume with that kind of release schedule.

I wouldn't want to jinx it, but, to me, it seems like they're trying to release a volume this year, because Miura is going to take a longer hiatus again. Perhaps until the beginning of 2019

jackson_hurley said:

I'm not a fan of volumes getting scrawnier for the sake of making a yearly release, I'd much prefer waiting for a consistent value.

But anyway, sounds like 357 will come August 24.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
berserk_prime said:
I wouldn't want to jinx it, but, to me, it seems like they're trying to release a volume this year, because Miura is going to take a longer hiatus again. Perhaps until the beginning of 2019

Baseless speculation.

Sareth said:
But anyway, sounds like 357 will come August 24.

Yep, seems that way.

Heiji said:
Cover out :
https://okachi.fr/couverture-du-40e-volume-relie-de-berserk/
https://twitter.com/okachifrance/status/1032914581923004416

Not the Casca cover everyone was hoping for but regardless, I'm impressed; the coloring is really cool, it makes the characters look as if they were sculpted from clay.

Very happy about the textured brushes also, in the other digital paintings he seemed to be using more of a default rounded brush for everything. Not surprising it didn't take long for Miura to master the medium

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, such a striking design! This is the best cover design Miura's done in years.

I'm very pleased that he went for a stylized cover, and it's in keeping with the atmosphere of that dream world. Too bad about Casca, but good eyes on pointing out the sprite, B. I wouldn't have noticed at this low resolution. Miura really has grown quite a bit with the digital medium since vol 38, when it became evident. This art appears to be a good marriage between his traditional line work and the enhancements that digital can offer.

Now bring on the posters :daiba:

Thanks Heiji! So unique, setting itself apart from the rest of the covers in terms of the color palette. Reminds me of the look you'd find on unpainted statues/ kits.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
This is indeed a great cover for a segment that prominently plays like a David Lynch nightmare sequence:

berserk-40.jpg

"This is the water and this is the well. Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within."

Got a light? :beast:

It also reminds me of some of the more abstract slice-of-life covers from the teen volumes, and it even compliments and enhances that funky frame. I wonder if Miura is subconsciously influenced not to have it clash with his work? :ganishka:

Absolutely beautiful, it was kind of hard to notice at first, but having Casca's entire dream take place in black and white was an interesting touch. I really hope Miura keeps doing plot relevant covers.

Top Bottom