Takehiko Inoue x Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball) Interview

Inoue and Akira Toriyama had a conversation in Weekly Shonen Jump's 50th anniversary issue.
OH5zBF3.jpg

fctDHQE.jpg

lq7RBVN.jpg

WThrDTv.jpg

SvbhYck.jpg

5TkQMvq.jpg

5fVYQ27.jpg

kjtLjT6.jpg

Wow, that's cool, if only we got an interview like this but with our boy Miura.

I wanna know what he thinks about the future of Berserk nowadays.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Johnstantine said:
I feel like Toriyama had no problem showing his face until Oda decided not to.

Kind of weird

Yeah, it's not like nobody knows what he looks like or you can't find pictures of him happily posing for the camera, but considering how big Dragon Ball was and still is, and since he's no longer actively producing it, maybe he wants to keep a lower profile these days? But then... don't do interviews, or just accept the bump in awareness until it recedes again? You're right, it's weird, but there's a certain logic to it that the less people that recognize him at the newsstands or cafe, the better for his day to day life.

Counter theory: Ki blast to the face! :guts:

5364413-screen+shot+2016-08-06+at+10.40.03+am.png

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
MiyamotoPuck said:
Nice interview, but i'm getting tired of waiting for him to get back to Vagabond or Real...

Do what I did and stop actively waiting and assume it's over... until proven otherwise. :griffnotevil:

IDK about Real, but there's a decent case Inoue was/is just done with Vagabond and even if he goes back its going to go nowhere again or be perfunctory as hell. Plus, besides his personal feelings about it, he already wrote the epilogue and de facto ending and everyone knows what's going to happen in the climax anyway; the only way he could do something interesting with it is have Kojiro win. =)

I go into detail in the post below with links to Inoue's thoughts and a summary of the exhibition where he kind of wraps up everything before he gets there.

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=15122.msg243260#msg243260

Griffith said:
Do what I did and stop actively waiting and assume it's over... until proven otherwise. :griffnotevil:

Yeah you're right, I should do that. :sad:

Griffith said:
I go into detail in the post below with links to Inoue's thoughts and a summary of the exhibition where he kind of wraps up everything before he gets there.

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=15122.msg243260#msg243260

I'll take a look, thanks.

Top Bottom