seasnipper's Art

Decided to try my hand at coloring a page.

seasnipper2159_212.jpg

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Pretty good indeed! Did you do it on computer? I'd like to try it with wooden pencils but I'm not used to work with colors that much. Maybe I'll give it a chance some day. Good work and I hope you do more of these. I always appreciate when members color some of the pages. :ubik:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I really like the varying shades in the night sky and the reflection of moonlight on Casca's head. It's also not blown out with colors like many first coloring attempts. It's appropriately muted because of the night. Very detailed and beautiful :casca:

jackson_hurley said:
Pretty good indeed! Did you do it on computer? I'd like to try it with wooden pencils but I'm not used to work with colors that much. Maybe I'll give it a chance some day. Good work and I hope you do more of these. I always appreciate when members color some of the pages. :ubik:

I used an ios app called Sketchclub so it is completely digital, and thanks!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Pretty amazing stuff, and a truly fantastic first effort, seasnipper! I'm not familiar with Sketchclub, but it seems to be doing the job! I think my favorite part is how you play with the lighting on Casca's head and face but still respect the integrity of the linework. Appropriately understated, but the variety of colors (plus the little hint of light hitting the clouds on the left) really stand out to me! :ubik:

I get the sense it's taking place under water almost, which is pretty appropriate given the Kelpie's abilities. Perhaps trying increasing the brightness/white levels? It's extremely well done though.

Very cool! Most coloring jobs just kind of fill in the space between the lines, which tends to make liquids, gasses, or anything that doesn't have a defined outline look weird, but you blended it all together in a way that looks like this page was always meant to be in color.

Hadn't seen this yet and it's just damn beautiful.

I love what some people do with these. It's insane how stunning people can make already incredible artwork.

Coloring of Casca from 359- finished it before the whole chapter was released, so I was under the assumption that this panel was post rather than pre-training, hence the sweat drops. Hope you all enjoy.

oeXr7TI.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Gorgeous, Seasnipper! The rich fall colors are a nice touch here. As usual, the shading and dimension you've added to Casca's face makes this feel like a real illustration! I hope you'll do some more of Casca now that she's back with us! :casca:

Top Bottom