What are the best ways to support Berserk?

:daiba: Hi! I finished Berserk nearly a year ago now, and became a big fan. I'm active on the subreddit discord, but I thought i'd ask the experts on S.K with this question.
I'm wondering what the best ways to support Berserk are? I have been looking for a list of official merch (mainly t-shirts) but I can't find any that aren't fan made. It seems like theirs only 2 ways to directly support Berserk:

1. Buying the manga
2. Buying statues

I have been slowly collecting the manga (despite it not being the greatest translation), the statues are cool (especially Prime 1) but considering I haven't settled down yet it may not be the best financial decision to spend $1K on. Only other Berserk merch I have are from my local comic convention.
Is their any other official Berserk merch I can buy to support Miura?
Thanks. :slan:

Edit: Thanks for the great replies! Theirs a nice copper beherit pendent on that Art Of War store, I think i'll pick up that if the shipping isn't ridiculous. I'll likely get the digital version once the next chapter drops.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think buying the manga, both in Japanese and in the language you read, is more than enough to support the series. If you also follow the episodic releases, you can officially acquire digital versions of the magazine Berserk is published in at Hakusensha-e.net for about $3 per release (decent quality too).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter is absolutely correct of course. The best way to support Berserk by far is to buy the manga (in your language but also in Japanese, which is "closest to the source"). And if you follow the episodic releases, to buy the issues of Young Animal in which the series is published. It will cost you much less than buying a statue, and will translate much more directly into proof of your interest to Miura and his editors.

The problem with Berserk merchandise like the stuff you can find at local conventions is that there's a non-negligible chance they're unlicensed, meaning buying them does not actually support Berserk at all.

If you're into jewelry, Art of War has some Berserk accessories (and those are officially licensed): https://www.art-of-war.jp/product-list/19
And for t-shirts, this one's licensed, but it's from Japan and shipping might cost you. Not sure it's sold in the US.

Like it has already been mentioned, the first thing you should do if you want to support Berserk is to buy the manga volumes and Young Animal issues (you can find a detailed and still helpful guide put together by Aazealh quite some time ago on how to do it here), but in addition to that, if you liked any of the various anime adaptations I think you can still find licensed copies of the DVD and Blu-ray collection sets on sites like Amazon for Kenpuu Denki Berserk (1997), Berserk: The Golden Age Arc (trilogy) and both Berserk 2016/2017 seasons (if you're dedicated enough to spend money on those).

Aazealh said:
The problem with Berserk merchandise like the stuff you can find at local conventions is that there's a non-negligible chance they're unlicensed, meaning buying them does not actually support Berserk at all.

It is pretty easy to tell if it is legit. Look for copyright lines. On a shirt it'll be on the neck label. Bioworld is putting out official Berserk apparel in the US. The vast majority of art is going to be bootleg.

Like others have said. Buying the actual Manga is best.

Would be nice if there were lower priced figures available. It is great that we have so many high end options. Virtually nothing under $50 in recent years.

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Share Berserk with more people. Many friends were looking something like it and Berserk was a great addition to their lives. More people to support it buying the manga and spreading the word.

I rebought all the manga in digital format on Comixology. Looks so great on my iPad and super convenient for travel. I highly recommend.

Also Dark Horse is coming out with hardcover collector editions of the manga. It's looking sexy! You can buy it on Amazon, Barnes n Noble, or your local comic book shop.

More info here: https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3002-722/Berserk-Deluxe-Volume-1-HC
And now the badass champion of adult fantasy manga is presented in an oversized 7'' x 10'' deluxe hardcover edition, nearly 700 pages amassing the first three Berserk volumes, with following volumes to come to serve up the entire series in handsome bookshelf collections. No Guts, no glory! Collects volumes 1-3.

uRdV02f.jpg

bjCA5ZE.jpg

KRD2YB3.jpg

iRNKqV3.jpg

Yeah, we've talked about the hard cover editions here before. I actually like the "more serious" look of these. I only wish there were better reasons to buy them aside from a bigger format and improved paper quality.

Top Bottom