Author Topic: What would Mozgus have thought of Griffith?  (Read 255 times)

Offline NorthernHobbit

What would Mozgus have thought of Griffith?
« on: January 04, 2019, 04:10:16 AM »
 :mozgus: Greetings, this speculation popped in my mind so I wondered what you Berserkos think would happen had Mozgus travelled to Falconia. Would he view Griffith as the falcon of light? :griffnotevil: or a heretic?  :femto:

It's interesting how Mozgus and Griffith contrast, they both rule land in the name of religion but contratst in their methods. Mozgus envokes fear, Griffith envokes compassion.

Offline Zeke

Re: What would Mozgus have thought of Griffith?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 08:03:28 AM »
:mozgus: Greetings, this speculation popped in my mind so I wondered what you Berserkos think would happen had Mozgus travelled to Falconia. Would he view Griffith as the falcon of light? :griffnotevil: or a heretic?  :femto:

I don't think Mozgus would have any reason to doubt Griffith - and considering his immense zeal for the faith - he'd probably be as enamored with him as the Holy Father is.

It's interesting how Mozgus and Griffith contrast, they both rule land in the name of religion but contratst in their methods. Mozgus envokes fear, Griffith envokes compassion.

As far as I remember Mozgus wasn't a lord, but rather a renowned inquisitor: an important tool of the Church.  Quite different from the authority over the lay peoples/aristocrats, as well as the very magisterium that Mozgus once yielded to, that Griffith now possesses.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:27:57 AM by Zeke »

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »
He would be the most "shut up and take my money dot jay pee gee" of devotees.

In all seriousness, Mozgus was never much of a critical thinker, and Griffith gave humans no room for doubt of his legitimacy. Charlotte's devotion brings him the throne, and the Pontiff's devotion allows him to step neatly into the shoes of their hollow idol.

Offline I know that I know :)

• Of the Interstice
  • My post our worse
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 03:21:52 PM »
Theoretically it wouldn't matter if he thought of Griffith as a heretic either since Griffiths super charismatic aura power would win him over easily.
I have no mouth and I must scream