Is Griffith Evil?

Fishbomb said:
That is one thing I find very interesting! What if the real motivation behind this war (besides human greed) is simply Idea's wish to continue being needed.

I am extremely curious about what this is really all about...I mean, let's face it. When it comes to religion people believe far more in times of need and crisis. So war and suffering would serve Idea and Godhand both.

Ironically we could also say what if the real motivation behind this war is simply the wish of the people to need religion.

I mean, let's face it. When it comes to religion people believe far more in times of need and crisis. So war and suffering would serve Idea and Godhand both.

You see there is not a cause and caused by logic that can stand here. People themselves create Idea by thinking of it.
Who is to blame, finally?
Idea itself or people?
Remember the flow of Karma is not linear. This also works for the rapresentation of the Idea and people relation.

But if I were over there I would want Griffis to be stopped. This is my matter of my human taste. As calling him "evil" also is. People could agree or disagree with this: there is not a universal rule to be applied.
So do you agree or disagree?

Scarred

I am the apostle of Samson. FEAR ME!
He didn't accept anything. The godhand showed him that all of these people had died for his dream. The only thing left to do was sacrfice two people that betrayed him, and a few others that were willing to die for his cause.
He didn't feel any pain because as he ascended, err descended? to Godhand he lost all emotion. They don't feel emotion. It just isn't something they are capable of. So he promptly set the wheel in motion for him to be reincarnated (by way of caska).

He only feels the most minute emotions as reborn Griffith.

H

Herald of Galactor

Sometime in the past, a country that had once been a powerful empire lay in ruins. People were starving, and were being taxed into extinction by the nations that had torn their proud empire asunder. One day, a common man came along and promised them a better life by throwing off their debts and conquering the conquerors, to retake their former empire and more, to build an even greater one. The tactics he implemented in battle were unlike anything the world was accustomed too. Quick, decisive skirmishes that gained victory with a minimum of bloodshed. As he rose to greater power, those around him began to fear him, and even attempted to assassinate him. They failed, and his power rose to ever greater heights. But in the end, he was beaten, and rather than face humiliation before a military tribunal of his enemies, he chose suicide.

His name was Hitler.

Was Hitler evil?

Herald of Galactor said:
Was Hitler evil?

Yes. The aryan race fact (about being superior than the others and that this gave them different or more rights than the other people while furthermore the other had even more obligations towards the aryans).

H

Herald of Galactor

the entire question of Griffith's evil is pointless.

The word of Galactor: I hail his insight.

Idea was created by the subconscious need of the people to explain the hardships of their lives. Idea is not surprisingly, evil, because that's what most people believe fate is. If he wasn't evil, he wouldn't be what the people believed in, and logically, he would cease to exist. All of his servants, from the lowest apostle to God Hand themselves are by necessity, evil, so that they will not only do Idea's bidding out of fear, but also out of their own desire to do evil. SO, is Griffith evil? He is if he's doing his job right!

how would you define evil anyways. in most cases in reality, people are not evil so much as they dont care, related more to ignorence or selfishness more then anything, and i even include murder.

hitler was a patriot, and dispite what many say he was very good for his country up until a point, got them out of the depression, brang pride back to the people along with respect. if before world war 2 the assasinasion attempt on him was successful he probablly would have gone down as one of the greatest leaders in germany, but obviously that didnt happen.

evil is just a word, even hitler who used his powers to do horrible things to jews, gypsies and gays, he probablly believed he was doing the right thing for his country in his own way, but this far from makes what he did understandable or right, but all i suggesting is if that was the case then no one should hesitate to kill the bastard on site, which im sure many would have.

i suppose you could define someone evil by completely knowing what they are doing is completely wrong like a murder and simpily did it because they could or to be evil in that sense, but the point is evil is just a word, even the most horrible people might just be ignorent and selfish, griffith voluntarily justified sacrificing his people for what he saw as a greater cause, not because he was trying to be evil, that still counts as a bastardy thing to do in my eyes.

ignorence must be punished!!!

General Sparnage said:
how would you define evil anyways. in most cases in reality, people are not evil so much as they dont care, related more to ignorence or selfishness more then anything, and i even include murder.

hitler was a patriot, and dispite what many say he was very good for his country up until a point, got them out of the depression, brang pride back to the people along with respect. if before world war 2 the assasinasion attempt on him was successful he probablly would have gone down as one of the greatest leaders in germany, but obviously that didnt happen.

evil is just a word, even hitler who used his powers to do horrible things to jews, gypsies and gays, he probablly believed he was doing the right thing for his country in his own way, but this far from makes what he did understandable or right, but all i suggesting is if that was the case then no one should hesitate to kill the bastard on site, which im sure many would have.

i suppose you could define someone evil by completely knowing what they are doing is completely wrong like a murder and simpily did it because they could or to be evil in that sense, but the point is evil is just a word, even the most horrible people might just be ignorent and selfish, griffith voluntarily justified sacrificing his people for what he saw as a greater cause, not because he was trying to be evil, that still counts as a bastardy thing to do in my eyes.
General Sparnage said:
ignorence must be punished!!!
Hmmm...
General Sparnage said:
hitler was a patriot, and dispite what many say he was very good for his country up until a point, got them out of the depression, brang pride back to the people along with respect.
He was raised (given money-funds and the possibility to do what he did) by western-capitalists(America included) to fight and stop Stalin. But then he changed the plan.

P.S. The way I define evil is a movement or tendency(trend) that is harmfull to the human race.

Top Bottom