...attack of the clones?

CnC

Ad Oculos
the latest trailer has gotten my attention... this could turn out decent...

http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/clone_war/index.html

p.s.  is it just me or does yoda say "corn war" at the end?

oh yea... drag the address to your url bar (or copy+paste it)... its stupid that way

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
it works now... i don't think it's gonna be good, would be a big surprise for me if it was.

where's the white rabbit puella? ???

puella

Berserk forever
where's the white rabbit puella?     ???
He should stay away from Farnese....
Even Serpico because he always stays with her....

196-07.jpg

can you understand his hardship?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I think I have seen all the trailers for this film.. it looks good, but I am just appalled by the name of the film.. WHAT WAS GEORGE THINKING?! >:(

W

waqas786uk

I think I have seen all the trailers for this film.. it looks good, but I am just appalled by the name of the film.. WHAT WAS GEORGE THINKING?! >:(

He was thinking he'd give it a cheesy retro name just like the old B movie's of the 50's and 60's. Im not kidding, that really was his excuse.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
He was thinking he'd give it a cheesy retro name just like the old B movie's of the 50's and 60's. Im not kidding, that really was his excuse.

Regardless the trailer rocked.

AlRe: ...attack of the clones?

Hmm, still looks unimpressive to me. I thought about why I liked the original series better even though the stories are on the same level as far as complexity. One reason is because Lucas didn't use crap-tastic teeny bopper actors for 4-6. Mark Hamill really had no success before or after Star Wars but he played Luke very well. I don't even think I have to mention Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Alec Guinness, or Billy Dee Williams as good adult actors. They actually gave the characters personality, especially Harrison Ford. Another thing is the horrible and overdone use of CG. Does it really matter if this is the latest technology? It looks tacky if you ask me and it will be a few years before it looks believable. Animatronics and painted backdrops (yes, these were used) are fine. :p

P.S. I forgot to mention how the coolness of Boba Fett will be ruined by a child actor and his daddy, Jango Fett.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: AlRe: ...attack of the clones?

One reason is because Lucas didn't use crap-tastic teeny bopper actors for 4-6. Mark Hamill really had no success before or after Star Wars but he played Luke very well. I don't even think I have to mention Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Alec Guinness, or Billy Dee Williams as good adult actors. They actually gave the characters personality, especially Harrison Ford.
Well I think Lucas was just following up on the forumla of the use of "unknown" actors for the younger roles. As for the abundance of them in contrast to 4-6, I think we all know that 1-3 is a series about beginnings.

Also about the actors giving the characters personality, I think you can tie that in to the fact that there was an overabundance of CG in episode 1. The actors were acting excruciatingly short scenes against a backdrop of bluescreens. I would imagine its hard to stay in character in those situations.

The CG thing did piss me off in episode 1. Mostly in the droid vs Gungan battle (or whatever the hell that was supposed to be, it was horrendous). Nice turfgrass, Lucas.

I have high expectations for Episode 2 only because if it flops, I really think Lucas is done for.

Yeah, I mean, really... "The Empire Strikes Back"... What kind of title is that?

P.S. I forgot to mention how the coolness of Boba Fett will be ruined by a child actor and his daddy, Jango Fett.
Note for self: having your name said once in a whole trilogy, falling like an idiot in a monster's mouth and dying with a girly scream (that scream being your 4th and last line in the whole thing) is "cool". ^^;

puella

Berserk forever
actually i meant your previous icon.  
Well, he's in the safest place in the world and training himself for revenge 8)

*** and I meant my white rabbit and the one in 196 is the same. After practicing the same action in that scene several times, Mashimaro did a good job in the manga ;D

Note for self: having your name said once in a whole trilogy, falling like an idiot in a monster's mouth and dying with a girly scream (that scream being your 4th and last line in the whole thing) is "cool". ^^;
Ugg...can you not read between the lines? Mystique is what his character is all about. I just wish that could be maintained in the prequels but it seems he's getting the "Anakin" treatment. (Side note: Hailey Joel Osmond should have played Anakin. He is actually creepy.) And about the Sarlac incident, well, it hasn't even been confirmed that he died. In the books he obviously hasn't... ::)

Ugg...can you not read between the lines?
I can't read a lot of things between _four_ lines...
Mystique is what his character is all about.
His character is about pretty much nothing.
"Mystique"? You could also talk about Dr. Evazan's or Lobot's "mystique". ^^
And how is Boba Fett supposed to be "badass", anyway? All he did was following the Millennium Falcon, and getting killed accidently.
All that stuff doesn't come from the movies themselves, it's been made up by the fans, and then by the EU...
And about the Sarlac incident, well, it hasn't even been confirmed that he died. In the books he obviously hasn't... ::)
But that's EU. ^^

"Mystique"? You could also talk about Dr. Evazan's or Lobot's "mystique".
Yes, you could. We're not talking about them though.

But that's EU. ^^
That's why I said according to the books. To say he died or lived according to the film is wrong. It is a moot point until George Lucas makes a sequel, if he ever does.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
>>"Mark Hamill really had no success before or after Star Wars but he played Luke very well."

well, he's actually a really good voice actor. maybe that doesn't have as much glamor to it, but it's still acting. he plays the joker in the batman animated series, as well as hobgoblin in the spiderman series & he's got some other credits that i don't really remember.

plus, he was da bomb in guyver (har har)

Holy crap, Mark Hamill was the Joker?! :eek: All those maniacal laughs and hilarious wise-cracks were his? Wow...just when I was reminiscing over how great that character was portrayed in (The Animated Series)...I always thought he was washed up after Star Wars

CnC

Ad Oculos
Holy crap, Mark Hamill was the Joker?! All those maniacal laughs and hilarious wise-cracks were his? Wow...just when I was reminiscing over how great that character was portrayed in (The Animated Series)...I always thought he was washed up after Star Wars

yea i was surprised when i first learned that too... he's really VERY good at that stuff... he lets loose one of those laughs in his brief appearance in the "jay and silent bob strike back" movie (not very good).

As for the whole Boba Fett thing. I'm with Olivier on this one. Sure he's a good character and all, but he's not all THAT great. Plus who's to say Jango Fett's gonna suck? He's taking on the Jedi at their prime... might be more impressive than a triple flip dive into a sarlac :)

he lets loose one of those laughs in his brief appearance in the "jay and silent bob strike back" movie (not very good).
He was the "Cock Knocker". It's good to know he can make fun of himself. :D He was also in a Wing Commander game but I don't remember which one.

it seems that outside fandom that bashing Star Wars is considered cool now, much like Simpsons bashing that goes on.

Anyway, Attack of the Clones title is fine by me it fits with the whole serials titles that GL used to watch as a kid..remember that SW was A New Hope, yes I know they added it later, and then we have Empire and ROTJ. So whats so bad about attack of the clones? Well, we know from Episode 4 that Obi-Wan faught alongside Anakin during the Clone Wars so I understand the title..as should anybody that has seen the original trilogy.

EP1 did kinda suck but GL had not done a movie in 20 years and was playing with all the new toys that technlogy brings..granted it did not work out as well as he might have thought but it wasn't that bad. I mean he did not have to make sequels at all..so be happy that he is because for SW fans this is much better then not having any and having to read books about it. Tho the Timothy Zahn books were excellent.

This movie is going to be good so quit yer complaining till it comes out. If it sucks ah well. Its just a movie.

Yes, Boba Fett is waaaay overrated. It was a second tier character who dies a lame death..yes, he is dead. GL said the books are meaningless to him many times and they have no bearing on what he does with the films. He brought on Jengo Fett I imagine for the fanboys to see how thier characther came about. He could have used friggin Salacious Crumb if he wanted too.

Personally I can't wait to see it..tho you won't see me waiting in line months in advance thank you.

Yes, Boba Fett is waaaay overrated. It was a second tier character who dies a lame death..yes, he is dead. GL said the books are meaningless to him many times and they have no bearing on what he does with the films.
On the same token, you can not say he is dead. End of story.

how could he survive? Didn't Jabba say something to the effect anybody would be slowly digested for 1000 years? I would think that he would not want his enemies to come back from the pit..so if someone could escape then he would not use the pit for terminations anymore. Then again he let his slave girl get the upper hand on him so.. Boba Fett in the Marvel comic series manages to blast his way out, it would seem logical that one could escape and that for the most part Jabba dumps off the bodies without weapons and such..however, since the Sail Barge blew up in a huge explosion that would make it even harder to escape I imagine since everything would have been fried. Then again this is all neither here nor there.

But if GL does do a new SW after ROTJ I bet he would come up with a way to bring Boba back.

Top Bottom