question about Young Animal

Frogacuda

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
My local japanese book store doesn't stock young animal, but they said the can special order it for me. What kind of rag is it? Is there anything worth reading in it besides Berserk? Should I bother, or just wait for the volumes?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thats what I had to do...

Whether or not its "worth it" is based on your level of dedication I suppose. There is uterly NOTHING other than Berserk in that magazine, unless you can get a good kick out of blatant shitty manga, like Futari Ecchi.

R

Rufus

what kinda magazine is it anyway i been getting the impression of it being like naked women all through it with some other stuff like berserk and other manga

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
what kinda magazine is it anyway i been getting the impression of it being like naked women all through it with some other stuff like berserk and other manga
The first 10 pages or so are centerfold-type bikini clad women (no nudity). Next is ads, and then from there its just straight manga. Normally, Futari Ecchi is first since its the highest ranked (dont ask). Berserk is almost always second (but I dont know how it is now, I dont get it anymore). Annd.....thats basically it. I think thers 7-8 various manga series in it. Theyre all really horrendous though. Dealing with plots such as

-"detective woman whos boobs get shown every chapter in some way or another"

-"photopgrapher during WWII who is wacky and takes pictures of naked old men"

-"people who figth at school a lot for no apparent reason"

-"gang war" (actually, this is the only other readable manga in my opinion. Its really quite good)

Frogacuda

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Yuck. How could Berserk be second? Belsphemy!

Berserk really doesn't seem to have alot of mainstream popularity in japan, or even among american otakus. Why the hell is that? It's seriously the best manga I've read... Gah! I don't get it.

::)The comic with the detective boobs sounds good though. ::)

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
What the hell.... :eek: >:(

Why would someone take a picture of old naked man during WWII? That is sick.

D

Dare

[glow=red,2,300]TEXRe: question about Young Animal

well thats true I dont understand how card captor sakura or something like clover is more searched for the spanish and argentinian people.... i believe is because the prefer the shit anime that the manga...
they prefer to watch that to read.... I believe that s better read that see the tv show or something
the animes have shit carp chapters that make the series more boring.... for example ruroni kenshin
here in Argentina the chapters are censored by cartoon network... because it's blood in some chapters or in Ranma 1/2 the local tc channel censored the parts where ranma/woman was naked!!
I believe all is shit!!!! ^_^
well I expect someday read berserk of a comic book

Top Bottom