Reordered BBS sections

were not saying that the site has to be complicated or overly involved

but you should at least customize it to your liking, kinda like your own signature.

and even if you dont want to customize it, change is a good thing every once and a while

but you are 'the man' here, and you will do as you please, but dont be totally deaf to what were saying

edit: i thought of some more of my arguement

the things that i like about this board are the custom titles and the like. the 'Pub o Hague' bbs title, the custom interesting board titles. nothing on this board is really blah, it all suits sk.net bbs perfectally. i just think that you could integrate the site design to better suit the overall feel

and wally these are just suggestions, i dont want you to take these the wrong way like were trying to undermine your opinions and the like

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
here's my only suggestion: a see most recent post button. In Guess Work that would be invaluable if you want to go and re-read the last post in a thread, so you can refine your theory.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
new.gif
I'll look like an idiot and assume thats standard.
Nope. Look again. I modified it to make it stand out.
on.gif
off.gif
open.gif
new_none.gif
all blatently default.
The on/off buttons were made from scratch by me. As Olivier would say "do some research and then maybe we'll talk."
guest.gif
online.gif
message_sm.gif
theser aren't really worthwhile, but thats besides the point...
These are inconsequential.

here's my only suggestion: a see most recent post button. In Guess Work that would be invaluable if you want to go and re-read the last post in a thread, so you can refine your theory.
Pay more attention to the flashing news at the top of the BBS. There's a link to the 10 most recent posts.

Should I rename this topic "IGNORAMA 2003!" ?

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
no, I mean the most recent post within a given thread (which is not necessarily going to be in the 10 most recent posts) (Sorry, should have been more clear)

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Darok [Curious Indulgence] said:
no, I mean the most recent post within a given thread (which is not necessarily going to be in the 10 most recent posts) (Sorry, should have been more clear)

That would be the "new" button. Try clicking it! You'll like it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Darok [Curious Indulgence] said:
Cool idea, but it's a little too ambitious since I don't know enough php to do a reworking of the code. Sorry dude.

As far as features go on the board, WYSIWYG. I can do basic image swapping, color changing and board mod implementation (php modded by other people) but I can't make my own.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Makkuro said:
That would be the "new" button. Try clicking it! You'll like it.

the new button only works the first time you view the post.

And thats cool walter. such a thing definitely would NOT be worth learning php

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Okay Walter, I took the time [10 minutes] to do these for ya. I tried them out on the main layout and I have to say, they look mint!

sk.jpg
~ This is without text, cuz my fonts suck and you could probably alter edit it the way you want... or...

sktxt.jpg
~ You could have the text version. I made them with the whole rebirth scene in mind. That's where I got the feathers from ;) Tell me what ya think.

see wally b!

thats the kind of shit im talking about, you dont have to revamp the whole site, just add some cool shit here and there.

well done Uriel, far better than i could have imagined

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Uriel said:
Okay Walter, I took the time [10 minutes] to do these for ya. I tried them out on the main layout and I have to say, they look mint!

sk.jpg
~ This is without text, cuz my fonts suck and you could probably alter edit it the way you want... or...

sktxt.jpg
~ You could have the text version. I made them with the whole rebirth scene in mind. That's where I got the feathers from ;) Tell me what ya think.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy those are awesome!!!

LG

G

Genn21

:D , skullnets fine without pictures evan through they are great works Ur , we try to keep things simple and not to fansy pansy around the bbs section now maybe he could throw those in the artwork colum but for here i dont really consider those fitting in our great puzzle thats been built up

Uriel said:

sk.jpg

sktxt.jpg
i think these are great, but my only problem is my eyes are drawn to the dark portions of Griffiths hair, which i feel takes away the focus from the more important parts. Maybe toning the dark parts of the hair done will help draw the focus to the important parts of the pic. Also i don't feel the blue used on griffith matches the blue the feather is on. Other than that its a great peice of work.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
The dark bits were on the orginal. And the blue on Griffith is meant to contrast the background blue. Gives it a bit more dimension than being the same shade of blue throughout.

Top Bottom