Kill me. Now.

[link=http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020313/film_nm/film_ninja_dc_1016004691]Part 1:[/link]

'Mortal' Maven Nabs 'Ninja Scroll'
Wed Mar 13, 2:31 AM ET
By Dana Harris

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - "Mortal Kombat" producer Larry Kasanoff has bought all remake rights to the Japanese 1994 anime blockbuster "Ninja Scroll [imdb.com]" with the intention of turning it into an f/x-driven live-action feature that will spawn television, live stage tours, video games and music.

Critically acclaimed as Kawajiri Yoshiaki's [imdb.com] masterpiece, "Ninja Scroll" is a samurai sword-and-sorcery epic in which a masterless ninja for hire joins forces with a powerful female ninja after her team is destroyed by a powerful man-monster. They create a tragic love story that culminates with the overthrow of the Shogun government.

"Anime is today what video games were seven years ago -- an entirely different style of entertainment that will be mainstream in the very near future," Kasanoff said.

Kasanoff is chairman and CEO of Threshold Entertainment, whose digital animation and effects subsidiary, will supervise visual FX for "Ninja Scroll," while another unit will create and manage the online presence of the brand.

Threshold also represents such entertainment properties as Duke Nukem, Mortal Kombat, Playboy, Hellraiser, Pepsi Co./Frito Lay and Ozzy Osbourne, developing brands for film, television and the Internet

======================

But no, it gets [link=http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2002-03/12/09.00.film]worse[/link].

Fox Catches DragonBall

Twentieth Century Fox has acquired the movie rights to the Japanese anime DragonBall, which the studio's Fox 2000 unit will develop as a live-action film franchise, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Japanese writer Akira Toriyama created DragonBall as a graphic novel, and it has been adapted as an animated television series, video games and straight-to-video releases, the trade paper reported.

DragonBall tells the story of Goku and his friends, who battle against the evil Saiyan with the Namekian DragonBalls. The franchise is the basis of Cartoon Network's DragonBall Z series.

==================

why?

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
oho thats bad news....!
u can t be serious!
they can t be serious!
thats horrible and ridiculous at the same time...
. ca.. can...can t take that uf....! :p

tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...whyyyyy..!

What the hell is happening!!!! Ninja Scroll television shows ???, live stage shows ???,Music ???, and video games ???!!!!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
This is what I was afriad of. Americans ruining all that is good, and oriental. How DARE they kill of Ninja Scroll with a TV series? If you all remember, they made a real life set of films for the anime's Crying Freeman and Guyver, both were shoddy.

You would of thought they might of got the message by now!>:(

R

Rufus

cant wait till fox gets rights to berserk imagine the editing they would do

If you all remember, they made a real life set of films for the anime's Crying Freeman and Guyver, both were shoddy.
A fellow Franch man directed Crying Freeman, actually.

But yeah, all that stuff about Jûbê Ninpûchô and Dragon Ball is totally ludicrous. Super Mario Bros, Street Fighter, Fist of the North Star... Need I say more?

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
quick berserk fans lets combine our assets and buy the berserk rights that way no can do a terrible job of it

Uriel

from PAV
quick berserk fans lets combine our assets and buy the berserk rights that way no can do a terrible job of it

..... you now what? That is not a bad idea.....

from Maximus
tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...tell me why...whyyyyy..!

... that is Tell Me Why [Television Theme for Berserk] tune gone wrong :D

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
A fellow Franch man directed Crying Freeman, actually.

Which is, if I may add, quite a good movie.
Giyver sucked big time tough, with all the power ranger crap. Only one scene was good, the famous leap and trasform in air stunt.
At least to me.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
[link=http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020313/film_nm/film_ninja_dc_1016004691]Part 1:[/link]

'Mortal' Maven Nabs 'Ninja Scroll'

Man they better do a good job, even though I know they wont!!!

As far as Dragon ball goes...not all the hairspray, gel, moose or grease in the world is going to replicate the wacky hairdos some DBZ characters have going on.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
from PAV

..... you now what? That is not a bad idea.....
...you were once the dream called "money" :'(

... that is Tell Me Why [Television Theme for Berserk] tune gone wrong :D
yep that d be a special remix of the one and only great song we all know... ;D

R

Rufus

.......seriously how much doy ou think it owuld take to buy the rights? i have a shitload of cash i have beens aving for a couple eyars now to egt a ebtter computer and if it saves berserk then i will piss on this new computer and walk away from it

Uriel

Even if we raised the right amount for the rights... Fox would simply laugh and up the stakes. :-X

I hate power.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
every once in awhile, i forget why it is i want to destroy the world & start anew from the ashes. or just play jenga with the corpses. then something like this comes along, & i remember.

Top Bottom