Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Serpico

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposing we matched up Serpico pre-magic stuff vs Griffith pre-crippled who would be the victor?

Don't forget, Griffith only lost once because he couldn't deflect Guts powerful blows anymore, so he went with the wrong tactic during that turning point duel.

Considering their weapons, Both contestant would be able to block each other and even perform acrobatic.

My bet would be on Serpico, Griffith will probably underestimate him, then Serpico will FULLY open both eyes. Of course everybody know the power of Serpico when not half asleep.

P

psymont

there is no doubt in my mind that when it comes down to Griff's posse vs. Guts' posse, Serpico will face off against Irvine .... I can't wait!

Isidro will probably have to pick up the slack w/ rikasha

Hw abt Isidro vs Silatt, It would be funny but i guess Isidro may prove to be tough (look at how he attack troll king in 220), of coz i m not saying he will win :)

Garouken

I'm a llama!
What he(^) said.

Serpico might be a skilled swordsman, but Griffith would be too much. Just remember how easy a time he had deflecting Gatt's sword when they first met, Serpico would be almost nothingin terms of strength, and we've all seen how fast Griffith is.

I think most people are underestimating Serpico, don't forget, he has a light, quick and piercing weapon, something that we haven't seen griffith face off yet.

If you really want to compare him to Griffith, just put Griffith in every fight Serpico had and imagine the result. I think they are maybe even.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I'll go with Serpico, since he managed to actually cut Guts and live, even if it was a sneak attack.

Either way, I'd expect it to be a good fight.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Serpico compares to Guts at basic fighting skills.

Guts > Griffith way back when he left the hawks.

Do the math.

Garouken

I'm a llama!
Majin Tenshi said:
Serpico compares to Guts at basic fighting skills.

If you ignore the fact that Gatts owned him in both their tussles, even though he was at a severe disadvantage. All we know now is that Gatts beat Griff BEFORE the rebirth and he can beat Serpico.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
but remember their first "fight"? They both took a swing, and they both got their clothers cut.

Serpico certainly isn't a match for Guts... Or at least wasn't before. Now that his equiptment is on par with Guts' they might be even.

Garouken

I'm a llama!
Majin Tenshi said:
Now that his equiptment is on par with Guts' they might be even.

I still really doubt that, but my point was, we haven't even seen what Griffith is really capable of. He's done some crazy stuff in battle, but that was all nonchalant formalities. I want to see Gatts force him into a fight.

Makkuro said:
Griff all the way. Serpico wouldn't even stand a chance.

I doubt so, Serpico is really very good at sword skills, i dun see any lag behind Griffin! Griffin couldnt even take 1 blow from Gutz in vol 8 (was it?), But Serpico managed to hurt Gutz and retreat fast enough not to get himself killed! That was something i think Griffin cannot really achieved, he didnt touch Gutz after all

korkor

I could be a llama
smith has a point
Serpico did dodge gutsus attack, when griff couldnt even budge when they fought...

G

Genn21

??? Serpico vs GRIFFITHSU , well fair fight if you count serpicos dismemberd body a winning condition , Griffith would wnnhilate this guy like a Fat lady in a schoolbus full of twinkie flavored kids, there is NO challenge here griffith is like the sword master( and i wont evan count femtos abilitys to turn people into ass fire with a single tought ) Gutts beat griffith once on there second duel and serpico dodged gutts attack but that was only to luck ( or a needed story element :) ) , griffith kicked gutts ass once im sure we all remeber gutsu getting stuck like a pig with griffiths saber and then getting his arm dislocated, time has shown what warfare and training has done for gutts skill it should do the exact same to griffithsu's ability if it were him instead of gutts fighting serpico , to say the least it would be rape none the less

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
Griffith would tear him up. Griffith's a professional mercenary killing people by the hundreds while Serpico was in a Knight troop. This shouldn't even be a contest. Griffith's skill was acknowledge by the warlord himself, Zodd. I also don't think it's fair to mention Serpico cutting Guts once and living. Serpico's all about some sneak attack cause he knows he can't fight Guts for real. Griffith fought Guts straight up with no tricks. I'll give Serp props for intellect when knowing when to attack a greater enemy but that's it. If Griffith would have put Guts in the same situations as Serpico did Guts would be dead. Griffith should win on experience alone.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Griffith lost to Guts the same way Serpico survived Guts on the cliff: He was at a severe disadvantage. Griffith's strength is in his speed, accuracy, dexterity and tactics. On a slippery, snow covered hill he couldn't use all his skills. He was also thrown off balance by the entire situation and he chose a bad strategy. Everything relied on the first move, and he should have let Guts take it. Griffith put too much faith in his sword.

Griffith would kick Serpico's ass, because he's hardcore. There's more mettle in him, more determination. Serpico likes to play, but he doesn't play for keeps.

In case u forget about their 1st encounter, Serpico manage to put a scar on Gutz face while he only suffer for losing his shoes! I dun rember Gutz fail to kill any1 in the 1st move. Especially after the esclipse, Serpico was the only one that survived Gutz first blow! These goes to show that Serpico also had excellent skills, accuracy and dexterity.

Dont forget that when Gutz defeat Griffin he was still young and inexperience, he had improved alot since then. So now the stronger Gutz cannot defeat Serpico in 1 blow prove that Serpico is much better!

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
I voted for a tie between the two, but I actually believe that Serpico would have the upper hand in such a battle. Griffith wasn't at a disadvantage when he fought Guts; Guts was standing on the same slippery snow as him.
And Guts had already way surpassed Griffith at that stage both physically and mentally. The fact that Griffith chose the wrong strategy is all part of the game and shouldn't be used as an excuse for losing the fight imo. (not that Guts couldn't have anticipated any other strategy Griffith would have chosen)

Serpico fought Guts when he was even more skilled than he was when he fought Griffith but still managed to dodge Guts' swing at him and scratch his face at the same time. That's an amazing feat that shouldn't be underestimated here. No, if you ask me, Serpico would definitely be able to match pre-crippled Griffith in a fair fight, and perhaps even win.

You guys made good points, I almost forgot that Serpico relys on tactical advantage, such as surprise and battlefield when fighting greater foes(so far). Althought he was badly injured during his fight with the trolls, I think its because he is a duelist rather than a full melee fighter. Maybe one quickstrike would be all he would need to kill Griffith!

Griffith on the other hand probably had more battle experience and has only ever been hurt in battle by Guts (in a fair one on one fight) and Zodd which should say alot. Also, Griffith's choice of weapon may make him a great duelist too.

I would say Serpico is a better duel tactician and that Griffith has better sword fighting skill in general.(Guts would have improvisation/desperate tactic, melee tactic and skills)

I guess one cannot always rely on tactical advantage and I don't think Griffith is the sort of guy that can be easely duped, so my vote goes for the Hawk.

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
If you wanna base the duels on a Serpico style of fight than anyone could almost practically defeat anyone in Berserk. Opportunity is everywhere for an upset (like Farneze droppin' Guts) so I don't know if that's a good way to judge the skills of a fighter. More one thing, some of you folks aren't gving Griffith enough credit when it comes to tactics. Griffith was the king schemes. Griffith just never needed to pull any stunts like Serpico to win a fight but who could kill the King's brother and son and get away with it? Who could smoke the queen and get away with it? Griffith. The Hawkster looked at Foss one time and knew he was gonna be his enemy brother! Griffith is just cool like that so he would probably have Serp pwned before he'd even try some crazy shit on Griffith. Even if it would come down to ghetto tactics Griffith would still win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom