Who was Gatsu having sex with in Vol 1?

I'm assuming that at this point in the timeline, that Gatsu left Caska with the Blacksmith right? What is he doing then? Just because Caska is a vegetable, doesn't mean he can go and cheat on her. Is there some kind of explanation?

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
truth be told, I think that was before Miura had thought up the entirety of the Golden Age arc, and so was entirely okay with Guts doing naughty with that demon lady.

I mean, Guts has some pretty hefty sexual dysfunctions, and I believe he has many fears concerning sex as well. Why would he be doing ANYTHING with a sharp pointy Demon-Bitch who could be the proud owner of a snatch-monster/toothy maw?

P

psymont

well, he knew the bitch was an apostle even in her human form cause of his brand .... i think he was just trying to get close by making her believe that he was in a trance so that he could blow a hole in her the size of a monster truck tire ....

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
I think it was just Miura trying to throw some random sex and violence in, to earn the "Adult Comic" slot right up front.

In the first 2 volumes, and a large part of the third Guts doesn't really act like Guts. his personality was not developed yet really, IMO.

G

Genn21

Hey it was the beginning of a great work just go along with it

So in other words, the auther was retarded back then, and wanted something to wank off too...in this case, my mamma, as I am told.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SirSolbadguy said:
So in other words, the auther was retarded back then, and wanted something to wank off too...in this case, my mamma, as I am told.
It shows in a single scene what sort of person the "hero" in the story is. I think it's pretty effective.

G

Genn21

SirSolbadguy said:

Hey !!! Miurra supports you mamma doing good work on the side with big ole gutsu

Walter said:
It shows in a single scene what sort of person the "hero" in the story is. I think it's pretty effective.
But...it doesn't. I dunno what your talking about. At vol 13 Gatsu is extremely dedicated to Caska, so it makes no sense at all for him to go and cheat on her soon after. It's just a screw up in the auther's story. He wasn't thinking ahead far enough when he made vol 1. Thats all.

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
SirSolbadguy said:
But...it doesn't. I dunno what your talking about. At vol 13 Gatsu is extremely dedicated to Caska, so it makes no sense at all for him to go and cheat on her soon after. It's just a screw up in the auther's story. He wasn't thinking ahead far enough when he made vol 1. Thats all.

When Guts left Casca at Godo's he really didn't give a fuck about anything but revenge and that's very evident throughout the whole Blackswordsman Arc. He's basically an asshole who's pissed off at everything and it's not that far of a stretch for him to get some demon tail on the side (although I don't how his brand would have been fooled as he looked surprised when she morphed). Also when Guts came back to Godo's he calmed way the hell down since when he first left. I susupect he has Puck to thank for that.

incognitoX

you fail me
Also it was in this part of the story where Guts and the beast that dwells within him are in complete unison.

Remember he had a total apathetic view towards his actions...and since he could score a little demon poon on the side..why not?

SirSolbadguy said:

I think Gutz is so bent on revenge that he will do anything to achieved his goal! That y the titles is 'Berserk', Come and think of it, at least he had avenge for Corkus ;D

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Exactly, Guts wanted revenge more than anything. Why do you think he left Casca behind at Godo's? (not to mention why he regrets it now). Besides, it's a bit of foreshadowing, since that is the apostle that killed Corkus at the eclipse.

Well he could have killed the demon without screwing her. That just isn't like Gatsu at all. The auther didn't know which direction to take the manga at the time. That's totally obvious people.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
SirSolbadguy said:
Well he could have killed the demon without screwing her. That just isn't like Gatsu at all. The auther didn't know which direction to take the manga at the time. That's totally obvious people.
Actualy, it put the apostle in a fulnerable position. It would have been a fight otherwise.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
since when has Guts EVER shied away from a fight?

Guts has issues with regard to sex. I dont think it'd be an act he would normally enjoy, save with Caska (and we all saw how that turned out)

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Darok [False Attitudes] said:
since when has Guts EVER shied away from a fight?

Guts has issues with regard to sex. I dont think it'd be an act he would normally enjoy, save with Caska (and we all saw how that turned out)

You seem to have shown a lot of concern regarding Guts sexual traumas here and in other threads...

I can only hope Zoddo is fantasizing about a *consensual* liason with Guts in your icon. ;D

kimchan

SirSolbadguy said:

That's basically what that particular demon does. She lures people with the guise of a really sexy woman, then she kills them when they let their guard (just look at what happened to Corkus).

I'm not sure why you even bothered to ask for an explanation of this, since it seems like everytime someone gives an answer you don't like (perfectly legitimate answers at that), you just deny that it's even possible.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
kimchan said:
That's basically what that particular demon does. She lures people with the guise of a really sexy woman, then she kills them when they let their guard (just look at what happened to Corkus).

Yes, exactly. Guts turned the tables on her, he lured her in in the guise of a really sexy man and then blasted her to kingdom come.

Poetic justice.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I always thought the first scene was out of place after I had read the manga over once or twice.

Yes, it does depict Guts as a guy who does what he wants in his quest, and doesn't care how he does it, nor when. But it seems misplaced to me.

Guts isn't the kinda guy who gets horney and just wants to buck anything that comes his way. He's a kill and move on guy when it comes to Apostles. I just could never imagine him even touching an apostle, let alone porking one.

Maybe Mirua was just trying to convey how hardcore Guts really is.

kimchan

Uriel said:
I always thought the first scene was out of place after I had read the manga over once or twice.

Yes, it does depict Guts as a guy who does what he wants in his quest, and doesn't care how he does it, nor when. But it seems misplaced to me.

Guts isn't the kinda guy who gets horney and just wants to buck anything that comes his way. He's a kill and move on guy when it comes to Apostles. I just could never imagine him even touching an apostle, let alone porking one.

Maybe Mirua was just trying to convey how hardcore Guts really is.

Yeah, it does seem a little out of place. But maybe that just shows how much Guts and Berserk have changed. Besides, it was pretty neat. ;D

Top Bottom