Japanese text in BBS?

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
I tried to put in some Japanese text in one of my posts, but I only saw strange numbers and symbols after I clicked on "preview". Is this problem on my end or isn't it possible to include Japanese text on this BBS? :-\

And I also wanted to put in some code to be able to include the furigana on the kanji as well. Is this possible?

Ex. <ruby><rb>KANJI</rb><rp>(</rp><rt>kanji</rt><rp>)</rp></ruby>
or perhaps &lt;ruby&gt;&lt;rb&gt;KANJI&lt;/rb&gt;&lt;rp&gt;(&lt;/rp&gt;&lt;rt&gt;kanji&lt;/rt&gt;&lt;rp&gt;)&lt;/rp&gt;&lt;/ruby&gt;

‚±‚ê‚Í“ú–{Œê‚Å‚·

EDIT: Nevermind about the Japanese text, this forum somehow resets the used font to West-Europian (ISO) everytime I click on something. But I still would like to be able to include those ruby tags, though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'll see what I can do after my finals are over today. I'd always considered the possibility, but never took the time to really research how to include it.

G

Genn21

Ack, you shoulda seen what happened when i tried to copy & past some russian on the board the cyrillic alphabet turned into like 20 pages of text for a few lines.. that was na coo

Walter said:
I'll see what I can do after my finals are over today. I'd always considered the possibility, but never took the time to really research how to include it.

Just click on -> View -> Encoding -> Japanese (auto-select). Thats all. Obviously, you need the Japanese language pack that you can downlod from the Windows update program or from your Windows CD.

Now, when I make webpages, I set my pages to unicode this way, every language can have a fair share of being displayed correctly. However, most sites created from English speaking countries have the pages set at Western European (Windows), which automatically translates characters into the alphabet. This is why as the viewer of such a page (such as SK), you have to manually change the encoding to the one you want. Hope this helps. This has nothing to do with Walter. The only thing Walter can change with a YaBB language pack are the labels for the Post, Preview, Topic buttons, etc.

Top Bottom