An idea: Write fanfic, win Berserk prize

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
I thought this would be a good idea...but let me know if you guys think it will work.

We could have some kind of fanfic contest...we can either write it in the fanfiction.net section or have a section here on this board ( it's probably easier to do it in the fanfic site). We could all vote for who's story we think is the best, and that person could choose a Berserk merchandise prize courtesy of me. ( within limits now, nothing over 25-50 bucks) We could hold this contest every four months or so. Entries of course must be Berserk related and must be fairly long submissions, i.e., longer than 500 words.

Since I pretty much am at leisure here I would love to be able to give a prize of the winner's choice of Berserk items such as a manga, DVD, action figure.

What do you think?

LG

P

psymont

thats a great idea .... rewards are always the best way to motivate creativity

SexyCharlotte

Okay guys let's wait for more responses and then I'll ask Walter if we can have our own seperate fanfic section HERE on this site...then it will be easier for everyone to access it ( I thought about fanfiction.net and that site is a bitch to load because there is so much stories there)

There should be at least 5-10 people participating though. Then we'd have more variety of stories. All the members here on Skullknight can vote when I post the poll at the end of the four months...and the winner can pick out whatever he or she wants. I'll make a brief list of guidelines for the stories but basically it will be up to the writer to rate his or her story like movies: G, PG, R, NC 17.

The stories can be plain old fiction, maybe some prose/ poetry,screenplay type( dialogue between characters), erotica, etc.

The more the merrier.

LG

SomeKindOfBlue

How, Caska? How could you not pounce this man?
Oh, I like this idea! Verily! I would like to participate, then. (If I can only think up a cool new idea - I suppose you can't enter with old stuff?)

I hope many more will join! Just like LG said; the more, the merrier! Come on, people, show us your talent!

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Great idea, I love it! Allthough I'm lacking the time and/or writing talent to participate myself, I think it's a great way to stimulate people to show their creativity here. I just hope enough people are willing to participate.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I tried this a while back. It failed. I'm willing to participate though. I think the reward should be Berserk merchandise though, not simply cash.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
LadyGriffith said that Walter, Berserk merchandise between the cost of $25-$50 for the winner.
Geez... Im on crack today. Sorry, just finished my last exam. Now I can start acting like a rational human being again.

SexyCharlotte

Walter said:
I tried this a while back. It failed. I'm willing to participate though. I think the reward should be Berserk merchandise though, not simply cash.

Uh Walter, I never said cash. The prize is Berserk stuff. see my post above.

It failed???

Oh...also, do you want to create a seperate section for this, or do you want the writers to go to fanfiction.net? That place is so huge.

LG

SexyCharlotte

Walter said:
Geez... Im on crack today. Sorry, just finished my last exam. Now I can start acting like a rational human being again.

I guess I better put the crack pipe down now because I posted to your mesage without reading this one. Yeah the prize would be something nice but reasonable, you know. I'll give the winner choices as to what they want for a Berserk prize.

LG

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lady Griffith said:
It failed???

Oh...also, do you want to create a seperate section for this, or do you want the writers to go to fanfiction.net? That place is so huge.

LG
Yeah, I only got about 3 entries. And no, I'd rather have the fanfics lcoalized here. Fanfiction.net requires more registration and other BS that isn't necessary.

SexyCharlotte

Walter said:
Yeah, I only got about 3 entries. And no, I'd rather have the fanfics lcoalized here. Fanfiction.net requires more registration and other BS that isn't necessary.

So everyone can just post their fanfic as 'new topic' in this section then or do you want it somewhere else?

I'm ready to roll here and begin some stories. ( sans prize for me obviously LOL)
LG

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Oh thats great ! I had begun a fanfic about Godo yesterday not even knowing about that ^^
I also think it'd be better to post in skbbs.
Guil
ps : writing in english is far complex than in french :p

Top Bottom