how the HELL!

S

SoulCrasher

thedarkhawk said:
WHAT I AWNT TO KNOOW iS HOW DOES GUTS USE HIS MECANICHAL ARM?!

http://www.karlofgermany.com/Goetz.htm A German knight named Goetz had an iron prosthetic arm with movable fingers good enough so that he could hold a sword, write a letter, etc. which is impressive considering he lived over 500 years ago. If he could use a mechanical arm, so can Guts.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
There is a magnet in the center of Guts' palm that allows him to grip the Dragon Slayer. As for the cannon, it used to be a rope he gripped in his teeth and pulled. Nowadays, I'm not really sure.

P

psymont

Walter said:
There is a magnet in the center of Guts' palm that allows him to grip the Dragon Slayer. As for the cannon, it used to be a rope he gripped in his teeth and pulled. Nowadays, I'm not really sure.

well he used the string when he took a chunk of slann

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
There are rumors that since he has been in the interstace that he has been slowly and with out realizing being able to control his metal arm as if it were his original... Now althought this is speculation...maybe that is the answer you were looking for. ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Hey Kid, I guess you didn't pay attention... I just said that he may be gaining control over his metal arm with out even knowing it. With him being in ther Interstace, he is getting control over inanimate objects, like his metal hand. Thus he is able to use it like a normal hand. Also, this is just..

SPECULATION

thedarkhawk

grrrrrrrrrrr
but its not defanante it is a rumor i want to know if anyone knows how he controls his fingers/how the mechanics of the arm work

SPECULATIONS ARE NOT WANTED!

but if you have your own ideas lemme kno

Roll

Dreamer
I think the second post in this topic answered it well enough. Prosthetic limbs do exist (and have for quite some time), and obviously they do work. If you want to get into the real mechanics of it, just do a Google search for "prosthetic hands" or something...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
if the fingers were a bit loose, they could be slapped into possition.

Certainly Goetz couldn't just pick up a pen with that hand. BUT, he could hold it if possitioned.

If Guts slaps the metal hand onto the DS' handle hard enough, momentum will carry the fingers around. If he swings the hand freely hard enough, they will slacken again.

We never see Guts displaying great control over the fingers. I can't remember them being in positions other then, lax, grasping, and a fist. Each of which could be done with inertia.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Not everything is spelled out explicitly in the manga. Some things you have to guess at or assume... (damn 12 year old kid, learn your manners from your mother).

Like Walter said, all we know is that there is a magnet in the center of Guts' prosthetic hand and that the prosthetic arm also doubles as a cannon. Anything beyond that is merely speculative. Guts doesn't necessarily require independent control of all his fingers, he just needs to grip the damn sword and clench his fingers into a fist to punch people.

thedarkhawk said:
how dose he grab things with his mech arm? tell me that hu?

Tell u wat, he doesnt grab anything that is non metal in case u didnt realized, the reasons y he can hold the sword, as everyone explain, is due to the magnet at his mechanical arm.

BTW, almost every1 here is older than u so pls show us some respect!

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Well indeed all we can say about how he moves his fingers is specualtion more or less. Personnally I think Miura wants us to think : Godo made it, Guts uses it... there must be complex mechanics useful.
Guil
ps : if you're that sweet to your people, thedarkhawk, I'm not sure you'll find a girlfriend... maybe lonelyness suits some of us ^^

Roll

Dreamer
Bok Choy [Exams done!] said:
Guts doesn't necessarily require independent control of all his fingers, he just needs to ... clench his fingers into a fist to punch people.
He doesn't even really need that, considering what the hand is made out of. I think a good metal slap would work about as well as anything :p

thedarkhawk

grrrrrrrrrrr
first of all i think i am a psycolocialy as old as you because i can understand allmost every aspect of berserk i can understand the idea of it

and second when he wants the string to comeout of his hand he has to kind of click his finger

third i was in a bad mood Lliugusamui

And i WILL GET A GIRLFREIND!!!!! mark my words!!!!

Garouken

I'm a llama!
thedarkhawk said:
first of all i think i am a psycolocialy as old as you because i can allmost every aspect of berserk i can under the idea of it

And with such good English, how could we doubt that?

Maybe it isn't your first language...

thedarkhawk

grrrrrrrrrrr
do you think I have time to type correctly but I spell checked this for you! :) ;D ;)

I dont care if I spell things wrong on bbs if you don't understand what I said ask me!

Lliugusamui

around the corner
thedarkhawk said:
first of all i think i am a psycolocialy as old as you because i can understand allmost every aspect of berserk i can understand the idea of it

and second when he wants the string to comeout of his hand he has to kind of click his finger

third i was in a bad mood Lliugusamui
It's no problem.^^

And i WILL GET A GIRLFREIND!!!!! mark my words!!!!
LOL

G

Genn21

:D , Bullshit ive never ever seen guts snap his fingers in the anime OR the manga for the string to pop out , the strings there its just not showing , why would it have to ? , just whenever gutts needs to blow a hole in a careless observer or apostle he yanks the string , but i never see him snap his metals fingers, or for that matter move the fingers all he can do with the hand is 1 , make a fist , 2 hold the dragonslaver on the with magnet & 3 rollback the hand through a string & pully system to fire a mortar,

In vol 27. with his iron arm he makes a peace sign to casca while banging charlotte tho ^^

G

Genn21

wtf and you figured hes making the clicking noise with his metal fingers ??? well the clicking nois'es origon is simple , whatever mechanism is holding the hand on has just latched off "click" "click" ( or there's mexican snaping roaches in his arm )

hissing-roach-02.jpg

Top Bottom