Hmm, interesting...

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Interesting... don't yout hink that the sword here (number 352, the biggest one to the left) http://hindunet.org/saraswati/nepal.jpg looks like the one Zodd used against Gatts in the battle on the Hill of Swords?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Interesting... don't yout hink that the sword here (number 352, the biggest one to the left) http://hindunet.org/saraswati/nepal.jpg looks like the one Zodd used against Gatts in the battle on the Hill of Swords?
Looks a HELL of a lot llike it. But Zodd said that the Kushans made it for him. Was he just trying to impress Guts?

P

psymont

check out 364 .... is that a bra for a quadrabrested biotch?

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Walter said:
Looks a HELL of a lot llike it. But Zodd said that the Kushans made it for him. Was he just trying to impress Guts?

The Kushans sort of looked Indian/Arab/Turkish. That sword 352 could be a deadringer ( no pun intended) for Zodd's.

LG

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
I thought Sarasvati was a peaceful, benign Hindu goddess...

Are those weapons of Kali or for the "terrific" form of the Devi?

Garouken

I'm a llama!
Walter said:

He just said it was a Kushan horse sword(Which would explain it's size), so it wasn't necessarily made for him(Although that's probably not what you meant).

And it's almost exactly the same. I'd like to see a real one, or even better, a copy of the sword he tossed to Gatts at Doldrey.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Tell me if I'm wrong, there has been a kushan general in vol22 who was speaking about buddhism and all, so nepal is buddhist as well (huh i think so at least ^^ ) and is near to india... I think we could say kushan englobs all these people assembled (we've been talked about many antagonists clans, havent we? ) around religion.
It's interesting stuff on that page ; indeed i'm very fond of oriental weapons...
Guil

G

Genn21

:D , BUDDHIST LOL my friend the majority of india & nepal worships vishnu and feeds milk to stone elephants , also heavily yeilding to meat as it could be a reincarnated friend ( cannibalism's bad karma) , in a relgion called HINDUISM

BTW.. 352 looks a amazing similarity to knightmares human form sword in S.c.2 i think the sword zoddo, threw gutts is a combination of 352's huge axe like hacking curved blade and 323's handle and tip

http://www.csuchico.edu/~cheinz/syllabi/asst001/spring99/Karmegam/milk.html

ganeshmilk.jpg

Did Miura saw this be4 u do dark wanderer? Maybe he got the idea from 352 being the most suitable sword for Zodd

Dark Wanderer

Agent Smith said:
Did Miura saw this be4 u do dark wanderer? Maybe he got the idea from 352 being the most suitable sword for Zodd

Well, he might have decided earlier that the Kushians were going to resemble the Indians in a couple of ways, so perhaps he did some research on indian weapons and found out about both that sword and the weapons that the Bakiraka uses. Just seee here: http://www.hindunet.org/saraswati/indianarms.htm

Take a good look, especially at the armors.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I'm pretty sure the kushans were based on a real army of some sort (I always assumed the ottoman or persian empire). I know I have an old helmet that looks like the helmets kushan soldiers wear. I'm not sure where it came from, but one of my aunts from Iran sent it to me along with a sheild. The only major difference between it and the kushan soldier's hats is that most of the chain mail covering the eyes has been ripped away.

What is definate is that Miura did a hell of a lot of research for the arms and armor that appear in Berserk. Also, a lot of the architecture in berserk resembles well known designs and such, sometimes from conflicting time periods, but real none the less.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Indeed. That man atcually refers to sultans... dont know how i got that idea... ???
Uhh, it may be a bad translation but what i was talkin about is in vol23 actually page 145 where a mustached kushan tries to flee : "is that the shining band of the hawk reported by the bakiraka... maybe they already plan to destroy the priesthoods buddhism ! I must hurry and report to the troop head-quarter"
Guil
ps : i dont fear another haguation... ::)

Dark Wanderer

How I long for the time when I've learned enough Japanese to try and translate Berserk and get Hauged ::)

Anyway, those interested in the wepons of Berserk should perhaps go here: http://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic/7667/berserk_weapon.htm

Cool Weapon! And if i m not wrong the seventh and eight weapon count from the top should be the exact weapons used by Silatt! :)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Metal Soldier said:
The first one reminds me of Guts' sword while he was with the Hawks. I like it. ;D
hmmm... The only similarity I see is length. 180cm is a rather long sword.

ガッツ
If memory serves, the first kana is katakana for "Ga" so It could very well be Guts.

Top Bottom