Episode 221

argon

I love Gatts Fury
Re:cap.221

taken from latest page of "chapter 220" thread (posted by saiki) :

Just to let averyone know, Slann is not dead. The DS did hurt her but she just floated away and told Gutz that they'll meet again. The chapter title is called "Nakama" which means Allies. Yobimizu no Ken is the sword that is created when Skully puts a sword inside his mouth and it combines with the Beherits he ate. Think of a sword plus lots of eye's noses, and mouths from Beherits.
And the chapter is called Allies bcuz Gutz has gained something that he thought he could never get back again. Which is allies/friends like the Band of Hawks.
I'll make a new thread+summary when I get my YA

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

Anyway a thing is clear:SLAN DID NOT DIE. She just got away. If I did understand correctly the guy states that the God Hands are not so easily killed, but they can be driven back.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

This Behelit sword sounds odd.. but anyway, looking forward to seeing the full review.

well that explains some of our speculation on skully eating the behelits. Bit of a surprise for him to have the behelits combine with his sword.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

I feel like I was kinda right. I had said that he may be using the Behelits to power up. So I was sorta right. ;D I am going to check my Jusco in 3 days to get the YA so i can scan them. I am also glad that Slann did not die!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chapter title: Nakama(Allies)

When Gutz pierced Slann with the DS, she screams for joy and tells him that he is great. Her body falls apart and she leaves telling Gutz theyll meet again.
Meanwhile, the troll king burns away, after being stabbed by Ishidoro. A number of trolls try to attack Ishidoro from behind. At the same moment, the spirit of the shadows is summonned by Scherkie. The SoS blows its breath onto the earth and the trolls start to rot away. Scherkie tells Gutz to hurry and get out of there.
Skully comments on how they cannot excape at the current situation. He then swallows the tip of his sword. When he takes the sword out, it is covered by eye's, noses's and mouths. When Skully swings the sword, a path to the Ikuukan(sorry, I can't think of a translation for this. It's the place when the Slug king summoned the Godhand, and when Wyild died., etc). Skully takes Gutz and they both leave the forest. All the creatures within the area get sucked into the Ikkukan.
Gutz and skully both appear behind Scherkie and Ishidoro. Skully leaves into the shadows and Scherkie wonders about him.
When the group gets back to the village, Serpico is delighted to see that Farnazee is safe. Gutz watches his new allies and remembers about his allies in the band of Hawks. He realizes that he gained something that he thought he could never get back again.

A thousand and one Thanks Saiki!!! :D

Wow, wonderful chapter! Good to see Gutz band retreat safety, I guess rite after Gutz get his talisman from Flora, the story will have to flip to Griffin side!

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Thanks, Saiki. Sounds like a pretty cool chapter to me, even the part about Skully's beherit sword isn't all that bad imo, it all sounds plausible to me, it's just one of SK's amazing abilities. 8)
I'm really curious how Miura has drawn that sword with all the mouths, noses and eyes and stuff.

But I have a little question. You talk about the spirit of the shadows that Schierke was summoning, but I personally thought that 'spirit of darkness/the dark' was a more accurate translation ('yami'@i@ˆÅ@j means darkness, right?). It's probably because of my lack of Japanese knowledge, but I'm curious why you translated it as 'shadow' and not as 'darkness'?

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Mizar said:
Thanks, Saiki. Sounds like a pretty cool chapter to me, even the part about Skully's beherit sword isn't all that bad imo, it all sounds plausible to me, it's just one of SK's amazing abilities. 8)
I'm really curious how Miura has drawn that sword with all the mouths, noses and eyes and stuff.

But I have a little question. You talk about the spirit of the shadows that Schierke was summoning, but I personally thought that 'spirit of darkness/the dark' was a more accurate translation ('yami'@i@ˆÅ@j means darkness, right?). It's probably because of my lack of Japanese knowledge, but I'm curious why you translated it as 'shadow' and not as 'darkness'?
Well first thank you all.
Second I think it is Shadows because... hell Miura must have played to Secret of Mana, it's well-know you have spirits of Earth, Water, Wind, Fire, Light and Shadow. Classic ;D
Guil

Uriel

Mizar said:
('yami'@i@ˆÅ@j means darkness, right?). It's probably because of my lack of Japanese knowledge, but I'm curious why you translated it as 'shadow' and not as 'darkness'?
I'm no pro on Japanese, but I know "Yami" means Darkness. But perhaps in the context it's used in made it translate as shadow?

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Lliugusamui said:
Second I think it is Shadows because... hell Miura must have played to Secret of Mana, it's well-know you have spirits of Earth, Water, Wind, Fire, Light and Shadow. Classic ;D

But Miura would have played the original Japanese version of Secret of Mana so it could still actually be a Spirit of Darkness (there's also one of Light, so..). And besides I don't know if you should really compare the spirits in SoM with those in Berserk at all.
Another reason why I think it must be darkness is because of the words of Flora that Schierke remembers on page 8 and 9 of Chpt 220, here's my (rough) translation of the lines on page 9:

"Don't forget, that when you look into the darkness... the darkness is also looking right back at you."

They use the same kanji for "yami" where I translated darkness here. I just think that it makes more sense than the word 'shadow', don't you agree? Isn't there any native Japanese person or someone with a good understanding of the Japanese language willing to explain this to me? Even if you think it's stupid I'd just like to know if I'm right or wrong here or if you think it doesn't matter. :-\

despite a tiny bit o' disappointment, it still sounds like a very promising chapter. maybe we'll see elfheim by next year?

I just wrote shadow cuz I play lots of RPG's...........
but yea, it should be darkness. But I like shadow better ;D

argon

I love Gatts Fury

Many thanks saiki for this great summary.

At least we know that:
-Skully's armor is empty or something like that, there is no body that can swallow such a sword and use beherit to modify it.
-How does Skully travel through the layers of this world thanks to his sword.

Some little clues but the "big one" I was expecting :(

Maybe Flora will tell us more in the next chapter.....or maybe we will have to wait untill Elfheim

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.

Ah, Slann the masochist lives ;D.

Thanks for the link Roberto999, and thanks for the summary Saiki.

But may I ask Saiki, when Slann's temporary body falls apart, exactly what happens to Slann, or how does she appear while she's telling Guts they'll meet again? And if it isn't too much to ask, could you fill us in on how this Spirit of Darkness/Shadow looks? Please?

And is it just me misinterpreting, or has the Skull Knight just shown he has the power/ability to banish things to the kind of Hell we saw the Count's, Vargas' and Wyald's "souls" end up in?

Uriel

Saiki said:
I just wrote shadow cuz I play lots of RPG's...........
but yea, it should be darkness. But I like shadow better ;D
You just fell for the appeal of alliteration ;)

Is it just me... or has the author COMPLETELY proved every theory about the reason Skull Knight eats the Behelits for. I mean, a Behelit sword that can slice through into other dimensions? Nobody would of seen that coming. Mirua has sent us in a new direction with Skull Knight.

As for Serpico. Good to know he's alive and kicking, just about.

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Yes, quite a good conclusion for now. Neither defeat nor victory...
Gatts, how dare you hurt Mi Lady? You'll be punished hard next time. ;D

ZKK said:
Ah, Slann the masochist lives ;D.
BTW,ZKK, if you think Lady Slan is just a masochist, it is almost sure that her next appearance will astonish you very much. ;D 'Cause she is rather a violent saddist.

puella

Berserk forever

Slan says "See you again" giving Guts a snatch kiss! :eek:
Then she disappears and there are just the intestines of trolls .

Saiki said:
At the same moment, the spirit of the shadows is summonned by Scherkie. The SoS blows its breath onto the earth and the trolls start to rot away. Scherkie tells Gutz to hurry and get out of there.

Mizar said:

Well, it could be also translated into "Schierke summoned some spirit from the darkness". I don't have YA yet so not 100% sure of it though.
That spirit says:
"My name is Master of all rotten trees"
"I'm a head of dried up(withered) trees and filth"
Possessing Schierke, he says
"I'll feed these trolls moving around bodies of others to those dirty things by following the pledge with this little thing(Schierke)"

When Skully swings the sword, a path to the Ikuukan(sorry, I can't think of a translation for this. It's the place when the Slug king summoned the Godhand, and when Wyild died., etc).

"i" is "different and "kuukan" is "place". So it means another(different) place.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Mizar said:
Another reason why I think it must be darkness is because of the words of Flora that Schierke remembers on page 8 and 9 of Chpt 220, here's my (rough) translation of the lines on page 9:

"Don't forget, that when you look into the darkness... the darkness is also looking right back at you."

Kinda remind me of Nietzsche ... Spirit of the abyss ? ;D

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

puella said:
Slan says "See you again" giving Guts a snatch kiss! :eek:

Damn, I can't wait to see that.

I'd like one of her snatch kisses, except she's made out of dead troll parts.

Top Bottom