Episode 221

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:cap.221

Coola San was nice enough to scan Chapter 221 for all of us. You can find it here .

Edit:
Page 05 is part of 22104.jpg
Page 15 is part of 22114.jpg
Page 21 is part of 22120.jpg

Awesome, awesome chapter. Guts' expression towards the end totally made it for me. Looks like Miura is taking a completely justified break until June 13th. I'm assuming he's moving onto Griffith's party now. The end of this chapter certainly gives that feeling. Crowning ceremony time?

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

first 4 pages are cool. Is it just me, or is slan just uber-creepy looking in page 2?

P

psymont

22120 ....

JUDEAU!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sk sword looked pretty neat

Garouken

I'm a llama!

Skully looked particularly sinister after pulling out that sword. It doesn't look like it could hold much of an edge, but if he can cut through space/time.... I guess it's all good.

Ashitaka

Don't really know english...

Thanks Walter,nice job.
I'd like to see now the new armored Gatts too. But I don't really know if he would like to wear magic stuff...
Bye th way, it is nice to see Isodoro fighting the troll King and all the others in that new band of the dark hawk lol!

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Ashitaka said:
I'd like to see now the new armored Gatts too. But I don't really know if he would like to wear magic stuff...
the only reason he turned down the axe was it wasn't a super-long sword.

he won't have any problems with breastplate +5
c'mon, we even just estableshed that he wields a Dragonslayer +5 of shadow

at the very least, he needs a shirt.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Thank you !
What the hell ! Even after remembering about the Hawks, I don't know why Guts doesn't think even once about Rickert who is STILL alive ! Does he consider him out of the game since he 'cannot hate griffith' ? :-\
Very cool chapter, btw.
Guil

Majin_Tenshi

typhonblue said:
Why does he need a shirt? Does *Slann* need a shirt?

Its unlike Guts to not have at least a shirt, and usualy a cape.
The clues are in the art anyways. Note how we don't get a decent look at the new "character design." Thats cause its not gonna stay, IMHO.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Great chapter, thanks Walter and Saiyajin.

Slan is looking damn fine here I must say, and her little kiss with Guts looks better than I imagined. (someone color this please! :D)

But I couldn't find anything about the spirit that Schierke summoned. Did anyone figure out what kind of spirit it really was and what it was called? I'll try to translate some of it myself tomorrow if I have some time.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....

milion thanks for the scans omfg skully's SWORD ... i just cant... its too cool 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) to put in words im not a bit disapointed the behelits he ate couldnt have a greater use as for gatts armor hum cant wait to see what the new one if he gets one that is

Majin Tenshi said:
Its unlike Guts to not have at least a shirt, and usualy a cape.
The clues are in the art anyways. Note how we don't get a decent look at the new "character design." Thats cause its not gonna stay, IMHO.

what new character design, did i miss something

Majin_Tenshi

krebs4life said:
what new character design, did i miss something
krebs... you're makeing me work...

http://skullknight.net/manga/221/22122.jpg

look at Guts. Doesn't that look like a slight change to his usual appearance?
The lack of armor and cape make the character's (Guts') appearance change, thus a different character design.

of course, it is certaily possible that Miura just decided to give Guts a different look. but I believe I explained my reservations on that theory in my last post.

He wont need armor. schierke will just cast reflect, shell or protect on him every few turns. He'll be just fine.

I play way to many RPGs :D

Thnx for the scans. ;D

new character design?!?

cmon, the man had his shirt, armor and cape ripped off during battle and was forced to leave it behind so he could scram out of there as fast as possible.

he walking around shirtless and you call that a new character design?

oh and id thought id mention that i wish i had triceps like guts

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

Lliugusamui said:
Thank you !
What the hell ! Even after remembering about the Hawks, I don't know why Guts doesn't think even once about Rickert who is STILL alive ! Does he consider him out of the game since he 'cannot hate griffith' ? :-\
Very cool chapter, btw.
Guil
Caska also is alive and she is there too.And Guts feels the loss of Griffith too it seems.
Thanks Heaven this chapter closes the saga (I think). Let us hope the new story arch will be better.

Gutz is thinking about "Allies", something he never thought he could get back.

And personally, I think the next chapter is gonna switch to Griffith.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Hey everyone! Well I got the scans up and 220 is in the archives section ready for download! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Great chapter. The Behelit sword looks excellent. I think the question now is, how much power does Skull Knight really have?

Page 220 brought it all back too, sad to think back to those dark days of Berserk. Sweet stuff, thanx Walter.

BOB

poruno sutâ

Majin Tenshi said:
krebs... you're makeing me work...

http://skullknight.net/manga/221/22122.jpg

look at Guts. Doesn't that look like a slight change to his usual appearance?
The lack of armor and cape make the character's (Guts') appearance change, thus a different character design.

of course, it is certaily possible that Miura just decided to give Guts a different look. but I believe I explained my reservations on that theory in my last post.

Exactely!!!! that's what gave me those goosebumps a few seconds ago when i saw these pics!
That last page really knocked me out.
miuraaaaaa i loooooooove youuuu!!!!!
Berserk got more and more complex throughout the last year and now with a big bang miuara seems to give us that emotional depth that we all loved in the taka no dan arc back.

*passes out*

Saiki said:
Gutz is thinking about "Allies", something he never thought he could get back.

And personally, I think the next chapter is gonna switch to Griffith.

maybe not that fast, what i think was that he will get his reward from Flora first

BTW, thanks for the scans.

Top Bottom