Shopping around for best Berserk values

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
It really helps to shop around. I noticed HUGE price differences on certain Berserk items. For example there's this resin Griffith on Horseback figure that I saw on ebay for $50.00 and then I saw the same item on another site for $149.00.

Shop around people...for the best value!!

LG

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
I'm guessing it would be pretty optimistic of me to assume its this figure you're referring to Lady Griffith?

I've been searching for that little beauty for some time now. The official Art of War figure sold out long ago from what I can tell, and the only place since I've been able to find it has only had a slightly dodgy unassembled, unpainted recast from out of Korea or Hong Kong. And they're quoting around the US$150 mark for the kit, assembly, painting and postage.

Still, its a great looking model, no? ;D

SexyCharlotte

ZKK said:
I'm guessing it would be pretty optimistic of me to assume its this figure you're referring to Lady Griffith?

I've been searching for that little beauty for some time now. The official Art of War figure sold out long ago from what I can tell, and the only place since I've been able to find it has only had a slightly dodgy unassembled, unpainted recast from out of Korea or Hong Kong. And they're quoting around the US$150 mark for the kit, assembly, painting and postage.

Still, its a great looking model, no? ;D

I got that for 50.00 on ebay from a US company. My good friend is actually a master painter as well as a sculptor for the Danbury Mint and I'm a klutz at model kits and painting.In fact the great thing is that the resin model kits of high quality look exactly like those Art of War figures. So I hired my friend to paint the ones I bought so they will look just like the sold-out versions from Art of War.

:)
LG

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
Is that so? Well haven't I just shown what an idiot am I... I couldn't have been searching hard enough. Thank you for the price comparison, I was so close to actually placing the order for it, its not funny.

Having said that, I'm not game to paint or assemble it myself - I know I just wouldn't be able to do Griffith justice - so with assembly and painting, and after the postage costs to Australia it might not turn out to much different to the price I've already been quoted total. I'll look into it.

Still, thanks again. To redeem myself, here is afew models you might not have seen to sink your teeth into... though knowing my luck you probably saw them before I did.

Let us know how these ones your friend is painting turn out, won't you? Please?

G

Genn21

Who couldve known ebay would be cheaper than most other sites

SexyCharlotte

ZKK said:
Is that so? Well haven't I just shown what an idiot am I... I couldn't have been searching hard enough. Thank you for the price comparison, I was so close to actually placing the order for it, its not funny.

Having said that, I'm not game to paint or assemble it myself - I know I just wouldn't be able to do Griffith justice - so with assembly and painting, and after the postage costs to Australia it might not turn out to much different to the price I've already been quoted total. I'll look into it.

Still, thanks again. To redeem myself, here is afew models you might not have seen to sink your teeth into... though knowing my luck you probably saw them before I did.

Let us know how these ones your friend is painting turn out, won't you? Please?

You pay a lot more for the finished product obviously...I think those resin figures are the same mold, painted or unpainted. But what killed me was the huge price difference between unpainted MODEL kits. I'll post pics here ( if I ever figure out how to do that) .

I got the Caska in uniform model and then the Griffith on the horseback that you showed in your picture there. Still you have a point...I don't have the patience to paint those models...if the finished Art of War statues were still available you can get I would have purchased those.

LG

SexyCharlotte

All right...where can I get those? Are those sculptures or the finished painted models? I saw some of them...Caska in the short black dress and uniform, one of the Femto's...damn who do those belong to??? They must be Miura's private collection :D

LG

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
Sorry about the slightly dodgy page layout there... and the need to wait awhile for the scroll arrows at the top to become enabled to scroll down past the "Zodd" category. But I had to link from an Italian website that was using frames... and it was the only way I could find to do it.

I think most of those pictures have been submitted by Berserk fans that frequent the site... and I'm guessing that of the models that aren't Art of War, they are either unofficially made as resin kits outside Japan, or are actually made as once off's by the fans themselves. I've been looking around, but I'm guessing a language barrier is stopping me from finding much... I've asked a few people and sent a few emails so I'll let you know if I find a source on any.

The God Hand models are interesting... why couldn't Art of War do them some time in the near future?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Slann would be an instant sell out if they ever did, Kris.

But I, like LG, and a huge Griffith fan and I would do anything to get one of the Mounted Griffith's. It's one of their best looking models, even if the hair was fucking BLUE >:(

SexyCharlotte

Organizing the collection

Uriel said:
Slann would be an instant sell out if they ever did, Kris.

But I, like LG, and a huge Griffith fan and I would do anything to get one of the Mounted Griffith's. It's one of their best looking models, even if the hair was fucking BLUE >:(

Yeah I'm actually going to repaint the blue hair: white with silver streaks in it. The blue hair was on the Millienium Griffith on Horseback that I got from animenation.com I must have been lucky because it's not there anymore...and it said that the figure was issued on 3/2003. I can't believe they sold out so quickly...I'm sure these companies only get a very limited, limited amount.

The figures I was totally psyched to have were the ones on the archonia.com site ( DAMN you Mizar again for showing me that site!! Haaaa...blame it on someone else...typical of a 'princess' ;)) They had the Art of War Millenium Griffith standing as well as Griffith the Hawk in armor resin figures. YESSSS!!

I'm trying to control the way I collect these things. I used to collect Disney stuff and I wasn't really concentrating on a certain thing so it got way out of control and stuff is lying on the floor instead of being displayed.

So I decided to collect one each of the main characters of Berserk in addition to printed material like the manga and the art books, but concentrate on collecting mainly Griffith/Femto items, including the models, figures, action figures, and there's a cool animation cel on ebay right now that I'm looking at.

Is there no end to this madness??

LG

Top Bottom