Behelit apostle a sacrifice?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Admittedly I didn't try very hard, but I haven't figured out exactly what was going on with the Behelit apostle... Its tongue was branded. When did that happen? How was it a sacrifice?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
it sacrificed its life and its world in order to create a new world.

It wasn't provided with it's wish instantly. I don't think the godhand neccesarily does that in all cases. Griff wanted to be king, and he still isn't...

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Majin Tenshi said:

It wasn't provided with it's wish instantly. I don't think the godhand neccesarily does that in all cases. Griff wanted to be king, and he still isn't...

Some things apparently just take time. I was confused by that behelit apostle...he must have been some really fucked-up looking dude.In a way like I said you can't help but feel sorry ( compassion, maybe?) for the people who chose the darker path...it was said that the Godhand appeared when feelings of hatred, pain and suffering were especially intense.

LG

G

Genn21

:D , basicly he sold his soul & lively hood to become a apostle.. but thats not different than most apostles just in a physical sence

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Majin Tenshi said:

I'm pretty sure the Beherit Apostle did get his wish already. The old world is gone and there is a new one now. "The children were the first to notice" or somesuch.

I recall griffith asking for wings, not a kingdom. And he got his wings.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Wereallmad said:
I'm pretty sure the Beherit Apostle did get his wish already. The old world is gone and there is a new one now. "The children were the first to notice" or somesuch.

I recall griffith asking for wings, not a kingdom. And he got his wings.

The 'children were the first to notice' means that the 'new world' will be arriving most likely under Griffith's rule as the Antichrist type figure. You think that's what the behelit apostle wanted? Griffith got his wings allright but he wanted to fly as a White Hawk to get his kingdom after all. Something in the manga about ' every so often if a God Hand' has a 'thought that is so strong' he can then be reborn again 'but only every thousand years' if there is a body available. This being the little fetus thing Femto used to rebirth into Griffith the Millenium Hawk.

It is indeed a dark new world. The children 'noticing' though...I think that was about the trolls in the woods, too, and how all these weird events were leading up to some kind of apocalypse.

LG

Majin_Tenshi

"I want wings" was Griffith "describeing" what he wanted his new body to be like in response to Idea's question.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
"I want wings" was Griffith "describeing" what he wanted his new body to be like in response to Idea's question.
Or you could look at it as a metaphor.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Walter said:
Or you could look at it as a metaphor.
Indeed, I believe Griffith got wings for Femto, because of what it representents in dreams. According to I-don't-know-who, dreams where one's flying is translated by an erection in the real world, and more deeply some desire of power, or something like that.
Guil

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Lliugusamui said:
According to I-don't-know-who, dreams where one's flying is translated by an erection in the real world, and more deeply some desire of power, or something like that.

That must have been 'Freud' who said that.

But I agree with Lady G here, the real sacrifice of the world has yet to come in the form of an apocalypse with Griffith as the Antichrist figure.

6th Angel

What a big...um......sword!
By sacrificing the world the behelit apostle could have just meant his world and thus mainly himself and then Griffith was to be the "perfect world" he wanted. I don't think anyone fully understands that sacrifice and if you do please explain.

Majin_Tenshi

The behelit apostle simply sacrificed everything he had. That would be his life and his environment. The Godhand didn't collect the sacrifice immediately since it he hadn't got his wish yet.

I don't think that sacrifices are collected directly by the godhand, the godhand technically only brands.
I think that causality takes care of the sacrifices. It may be immediate, or it may be quite a while later. Whatever the case, its probably related to the carrying out of the wish in some way.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
6th Angel said:
By sacrificing the world the behelit apostle could have just meant his world and thus mainly himself and then Griffith was to be the "perfect world" he wanted. I don't think anyone fully understands that sacrifice and if you do please explain.

The beherit apostle sacrificed the world because he thought there was something fundamentally wrong with it. It didn't sound like he was only talking about his own environment but more like he was wishing for a death and rebirth of the whole existing world instead. I think this is everything that needs to be understood from that sacrifice and I personally don't have any problems with it. We already see the worlds starting to merge, many people dieing and Griffith steadily marching forward towards his own dream of becoming King (of the new, perfect world). Slowly but surely all the pieces are starting to come together.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
6th Angel said:
Then how do you explain the brand in the village of tents that Guts sees in volume 20?

James_A

Gatsu Wannabe
Majin Tenshi said:

Pehaps the request was some what metaphorical, Griffith was trying to reach the castle in the sky........

Top Bottom