What to do with the boxes the figures came in

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Would you guys save the boxes the action figures came in? Personally I think I will...put the boxes in storage in my closet, esp. the huge boxes the Art of War resin figures come in. I'm going to pose the action figures on one of the shelves. Now,all I have to do...is paint the room blue LOL.

Also, do you think the collectibles will be more valuable one day if you keep the boxes or blister paks unopened? I'm not planning to ever sell these of course, but...as collectibles go...they always say unopened things are best.

Any info or your opinion is appreciated.

LG

madar

Without zodd help, you'd be dead Gatsu!
Of course you should keep the box, for example look at the star wars action figures, they worth much much more with their original 70's-80's box.
Now the question is will Berserk's figures and marchandise be as collected as star wars ones.
Well, as Berserk is such an amazing manga, I think it'll be remenbered for a long time.

P

psymont

i dont open them usually .... i just stare at them in the box for hours and hours and hours and hours .... although i do have a hawk soldier guts riding with me in the car and a screaming behelit hanging from the mirror :D

incognitoX

you fail me
I keep the boxes. I was lucky enough to get one of the original Guts hawk soldiers with the detailed statue esque base (it kind of looks like a tree..I think it was released by Yamato and Art of War in japan)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Yah I thought that's what I should do. They will look mighty nice on display, those actions figures.

LG

Didn't see another topic other than this one, hence the resurrection ^_^

How do you guys store your AOW boxes?

With the bigger statues, each box is pretty huge and that's a problem I currently face dealing with. I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment and I was able to find space to put all my statue boxes, except for Wyald's statue, and the new SK on Horse + Guts 20th Anni Black version. The other AOW boxes take up 2 closets completely out of the 3 I have, definitely a big concern. I may have to stop buying AOW statues because I don't have room anymore!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I live in a one bedroom apartment, as well, so I keep mine in the storage closet next to my small deck. I've thought about recycling them, or just tossing them out, because I don't transport the statues in them when I move. I usually have my girlfriend hold them in the passenger seat next to me. :void:

Rhombaad said:
I usually have my girlfriend hold them in the passenger seat next to me. :void:

Quality woman right there!!! :ubik: LOL.

IncantatioN said:
How do you guys store your AOW boxes?

Well, I save all my boxes, because I know I'll regret it later when I move, and I know I'll be moving from NYC eventually. Luckily I have a lots of closet space but I am getting to the brink as well. As extravagant as it sounds, perhaps you should consider renting storage space. If I were to ever move to a different apt in NYC, and found a dream apt (great apt, great location), but it wasn't as spacious as my current one, then I would just get storage space to store whatever I can't.

Another option, you could get creative with your living room. Maybe buy one of those giant Ikea bookshelfs and use it as a wall. Instead of putting it flush against the wall, put it 3 feet from it, and store boxes behind it. My cousin used to do that for various storage and it worked nicely. It shrinks your living room space, but if you live by yourself, that's not that big of a deal anyways.

You're gonna move out?! Noooo!

Thanks for the advice. The renting space option is doable depending on the prices around here, I'll have to look out for it. I like the idea of the IKEA bookshelf with the boxes behind it, unfortunately my living room isn't wide enough for it and there's a closet door on the longer side of the wall, so that's a bummer. Tough choices! New display cabinets/ boxes/ closet space/ sticking with a small 1 bedroom vs a larger studio.

it's a vicious cycle: i want to use my spare bedroom as an office and to display toys, but it's currently completely occupied by toy boxes and newer stuff i can't display because i'm running out of space.

Top Bottom