New Dark Horse manga info

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
I just saw a new post on Dark Horses message board about the Berserk Manga (By the english versions editor) Nothing new really but here's the address.

http://darkhorse.com/community/boards/topic.tpl?_messageID=-3606812051802

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Thanks for the info, Dragon. There is some interesting new information in there. But your link doesn't work well so people better click here for the correct one.

"First volume of Berserk is due for an October release, subsequent issues following every three months. The material will not be censored, but the book will likely be sold shrinkwrapped with an advisory of some kind on the cover, this at the request of mass-market retailers, who are understandably concerned about racking a book like Berserk alongside Sailor Moon."

Only one new Volume every 3 months? That means it would take them 6 full years to take Berserk to where it is now. :eek:

"At the author's request, Berserk will not be Westernized. Size of the book will be 5x7, 224 pages, cover price $12.95."

Ahh... Miura cares about us, see? No Westernization. $12.95 sounds ok, not cheap, but not expensive either. Is 5x7 the same size as the original? At least there's not much of a difference, looking at my own volumes.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Seems a little unofficial, some random guy just popping along with an statement like that. Interesting though.

guts the hawk

3713^!^3 B0^!^
unoffcial or no, it's believeable. and im going to my local comic store and request that i be set up with a hold box for this, since he prolly wont want to carry berserk on his shelves.

and how long do youthink it took miura to make berserk mizar??

certainly not such a short time as six years. six years is good enough for me

(btw, there are three actual VOLUMES of miuras manga in each of dark horses one volume, so now it looks like all they're doing is translating...)

and my comps a rebel!!

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Mizar said:
Thanks for the info, Dragon. There is some interesting new information in there. But your link doesn't work well so people better click here for the correct one.

"First volume of Berserk is due for an October release, subsequent issues following every three months. The material will not be censored, but the book will likely be sold shrinkwrapped with an advisory of some kind on the cover, this at the request of mass-market retailers, who are understandably concerned about racking a book like Berserk alongside Sailor Moon."

Only one new Volume every 3 months? That means it would take them 6 full years to take Berserk to where it is now. :eek:

"At the author's request, Berserk will not be Westernized. Size of the book will be 5x7, 224 pages, cover price $12.95."

Ahh... Miura cares about us, see? No Westernization. $12.95 sounds ok, not cheap, but not expensive either. Is 5x7 the same size as the original? At least there's not much of a difference, looking at my own volumes.

12.95? you can get the japanese versions for under $5 USD. But no censorship, and no westernization, might not be a bad deal if you haven't already gotten em.

G

Genn21

dude its still 6 years , thats a hell of a long time and 12.95 for a comic is not much if you at least have a job , beside collect pennies it its only gonna be 1 volume every six months , im willing to bet darkhorse will pimp the manga out more steadily if it does good in the first few months ( 6 year's from now which one of you is going ot wait that long for a translation from dark horse .. kekeke scanlations get another winner i guess , conveinience always transends quality ^^ )

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
Well Darkhorse just added October releases up to October 15 but I don't see Berserk, maybe it's late Oct. or they're trying to fit it in for then but not sure yet... I don't know i'll just keep checking and when I find something I will post it.

R

Radzeke

Olivier Hague said:
That pretty much confirms that the French publisher doesn't give a shit about what the author thinks.

That's why nobody laughs at my French jokes, it's always something like, "They're so dumb, they didn't assign Olivier Hague to do the translation of Berserk into French! HAHAHAHA! THOSE IDIOTS!"

Everybody just stares at me with blank expressions.

-GriFemto

whoops!

G

Genn21

His name is Guts, the Black Swordsman, a feared warrior spoken of only in whispers. Bearer of a gigantic sword, an iron hand, and the scars of countless battles and tortures, his flesh is also indelibly marked with The Brand, an unholy symbol that draws the forces of darkness to him and dooms him as their sacrifice. But Guts won't take his fate lying down; he'll cut a crimson swath of carnage through the ranks of the damned--and anyone else foolish enough to oppose him! Accompanied by Puck the Elf, more an annoyance than a companion, Guts relentlessly follows a dark, bloodstained path that leads only to death...or vengeance. Created by Kenturo Miura, Berserk is manga mayhem to the extreme--violent, horrifying, and mercilessly funny--and the wellspring for the internationally popular anime series. Not for the squeamish or the easily offended, Berserk asks for no quarter--and offers none!

* Dark Horse brings an English translation of Berserk to the US for the very first time!

* The Dark Horse version of Berserk will be published in the original Japanese format!

* One of the most eagerly anticipated manga properties in recent years, Berserk was originally published in Japan and has been serialized in Young Animal Magazine since the early 1990's.

* Berserk will be shipped shrink-wrapped with a content advisory printed on the back cover.

Oh man im gonna crap my pants they described it so perfectly. Especcialy about that fembot annoyance puck. I feel darkhorse will give Berserk the translating respect it truly needs/derserves.

You know how many kids actully buy things just because of parential advisory label. sooo rocks rocks so harcore, mannnnnn.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Genn21 said:
Oh man im gonna crap my pants they described it so perfectly. Especcialy about that fembot annoyance puck. I feel darkhorse will give Berserk the translating respect it truly needs/derserves.
Puck is only annoying if you're new to the series.

You know how many kids actully buy things just because of parential advisory label.
You'd know, I guess.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
I'm just glad that content advisory label is going to be printed on the back cover. It would have looked hideous with a big, fat "ADULTS ONLY" slapped on the front.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I'm happy to see they correcltly translated the name of the first volume too. Something like "The Blood Spilling Berzerker" or something shit like would of put me right off. Shame we couldn't see the front cover. I really hope they keep with the Japanese ones.. or aren't they allowed to do so?

On a recent note, a friend of mine in Japan bought me volume 24! At last I can own my own copy of some authentic Berserk manga!

G

Genn21

Walter said:
Puck is only annoying if you're new to the series.

Hes not as annoying as isrido but 50% of the time he's a peice of flying crap. Sure all follow your fangirl lead and veiw him to be cute contrast to all gut's dark murderous deed's. That still doesent meen he needs to talk :)

I just hope this manga from darkhorse will finally translate some of those big kangis to thing's i can understand. Maybe Darkhorse will also pack & push more often with berserk volumes once there outselling some of there other comic's.

http://www.siski.ru/escopeta.swf :p

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
since I'm not completelylazy...

for your compareing pleasure:
01.jpg
12705.jpg

I would've used the larger resolution versions, however Walter's pic is twice the size of the other one.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Majin Tenshi said:
since I'm not completelylazy...

for your compareing pleasure:
01.jpg
12705.jpg

I would've used the larger resolution versions, however Walter's pic is twice the size of the other one.

Damn it! They just had to fuck it up in some small way, didn't they? That red border is hideous. Oh well, at least they're using the original pictures.

guts the hawk said:
(btw, there are three actual VOLUMES of miuras manga in each of dark horses one volume, so now it looks like all they're doing is translating...)

what? one english volume for every japanese one.

G

Genn21

Makkuro said:
Damn it! They just had to fuck it up in some small way, didn't they? That red border is hideous. Oh well, at least they're using the original pictures.

Im sure the bloody red border will match the text appropriatly for vol .1 Darkhorse will be putting in .The spatterd border kinda gives the berserk volume a violenty mystical feeling to it. ( especcialy that blue glow on Gut's cape.)

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Genn21 said:
Im sure the bloody red border will match the text appropriatly for vol .1 Darkhorse will be putting in .The spatterd border kinda gives the berserk volume a violenty mystical feeling to it. ( especcialy that blue glow on Gut's cape.)

I just think it makes it look christmasy.

Majin_Tenshi

It doesn't even have a title on it yet. Its probably just a preliminary.

I bet they look forward to the next few volumes and see that they can't add the border to every volume.

oh... wait, none of the pictures actualy make it to the edge after volume 9.

it will be kinda a waste on this one though
03.jpg

G

Genn21

How do you know thell put one there ? Thell proboly just reimage it and increase the color & graphical content like on Vol one ( compare the two pictures , Miurra's / Darkhorses ). Anyhow's if they do you sure wont be loseing anything but the tip of a dragon wing and some monster goop.

Majin_Tenshi

they'd be putting the blood border on the white background, not not exactly matching vol1's.

That'd be the top, some of the right, and some of the left, BEHIND Miura's work.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
I don't like the red border, if they wanna do that why not cover the whole cover with the red border and not just end it half way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom