Author Topic: Skull Knight's role in guiding Guts  (Read 1360 times)

Offline achaye

Skull Knight's role in guiding Guts
« on: May 22, 2003, 07:06:35 AM »
Having read everything up to chapter 221 (translated by the ever-awesome Saiki, thanks a bunch!) in manga scans, it's more obvious than not that Skull Knight is guiding (more akin to leading) Guts for a larger, as-of-yet unknown purpose.

For one, it was Skull Knight who first tells Guts the prophecy of the eclipse, later reaffirmed by Zodd's prophecy.  Then, I can safely say, if it wasn't Skull Knight bailing ass during the eclipse, Casca and Guts would be dead (unless, that is, the Godhands chose to let them live, which I can't see why they would bother to issue a command to stop the slaughter, seeing how every other Hawks membrane was thoroughly crushed).

Then, there are always the Skull Knight cameos here and there that always seem to "pont" Guts somewhere, if not helping him physically (literally, he pointed to the Millineum Hawk's advent after Guts beats Mozgus).  In volume 24, Flora inquires whether it's because of pity that Skull Knight helps Guts, as Skull Knight seems to "suffer from the same curse" (p.147).  Finally, Skull Knight says that Guts may still be within the bounds of causality unless Skull Knight helps him out (which he did, otherwise Guts would be dead due to cause and effect, aka, Griffith->Femto->eclipse, etc).

The way I see it, Skull Knight's role in Berserk is a variable outside the equation of causality, which seems to have a ripple effect on Guts life as well, making Guts more and more independent of causality.  As long as Skull Knight is around, Guts will be around and kickin.

What I want to know is, what is Skull Knight's true motives for his interference with Guts.  A catalyst to get to Void?...

Offline Smith

Re:Skull Knight's role in guiding Guts
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 09:43:38 AM »

What I want to know is, what is Skull Knight's true motives for his interference with Guts.  A catalyst to get to Void?...

This have been discuss for number of times, look into other thread to get more info. My personal opinion is roughly the same as u, i believe that Void are involved with SK.

It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them