Skull Knight's role in guiding Gats

achaye

I'm a llama!
Having read everything up to chapter 221 (translated by the ever-awesome Saiki, thanks a bunch!) in manga scans, it's more obvious than not that Skull Knight is guiding (more akin to leading) Gatts for a larger, as-of-yet unknown purpose.

For one, it was Skull Knight who first tells Gatts the prophecy of the eclipse, later reaffirmed by Zodd's prophecy. Then, I can safely say, if it wasn't Skull Knight bailing ass during the eclipse, Caska and Gatts would be dead (unless, that is, the Godhands chose to let them live, which I can't see why they would bother to issue a command to stop the slaughter, seeing how every other Hawks membrane was thoroughly crushed).

Then, there are always the Skull Knight cameos here and there that always seem to "pont" Gatts somewhere, if not helping him physically (literally, he pointed to the Millineum Hawk's advent after Gatts beats Mozgus). In volume 24, Flora inquires whether it's because of pity that Skull Knight helps Gatts, as Skull Knight seems to "suffer from the same curse" (p.147). Finally, Skull Knight says that Gatts may still be within the bounds of causality unless Skull Knight helps him out (which he did, otherwise Gatts would be dead due to cause and effect, aka, Griffith->Femto->eclipse, etc).

The way I see it, Skull Knight's role in Berserk is a variable outside the equation of causality, which seems to have a ripple effect on Gatts life as well, making Gatts more and more independent of causality. As long as Skull Knight is around, Gatts will be around and kickin.

What I want to know is, what is Skull Knight's true motives for his interference with Gatts. A catalyst to get to Void?...

achaye said:
What I want to know is, what is Skull Knight's true motives for his interference with Gatts. A catalyst to get to Void?...

This have been discuss for number of times, look into other thread to get more info. My personal opinion is roughly the same as u, i believe that Void are involved with SK.

Top Bottom