Who will kill Griffith?

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
I am wishing Guts and him are going to have the final apocolyptic battle in the astral realm somewhere...with Guts using his sword imbued with the spirits.

But another thought occurred to me. There's a saying...keep your friends close but your enemies closer. They often say that be ware of those closest to you and the most 'trusted' who will bring about you downfall. Perhaps one of Griffith's own allies will help bring about his downfall.

LG

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
yeah. IMO, either Mule will die by Guts' hand, fighting FOR Griffith, or he will be instrumental in Griffith's downfall, aiding Guts at the expense of his life "Because it was the right thing to do".

Off-topic: I have a feeling Mule may be one of the only characters to have an "Absolute" Moral Compass. I don't think things will be defined in terms of moral grey for him, but rather polar opposites Black and White.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Lady Griffith said:
I am wishing Guts and him are going to have the final apocolyptic battle in the astral realm somewhere...with Guts using his sword imbued with the spirits.

But another thought occurred to me. There's a saying...keep your friends close but your enemies closer. They often say that be ware of those closest to you and the most 'trusted' who will bring about you downfall. Perhaps one of Griffith's own allies will help bring about his downfall.

LG

Hmm, Rakshas maybe? ;)

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
On your friends close, enemies closer line... the first thing that I thought of was Skullknight & Gutts. I don't think Skullknight has any bad intentions of Gutts, though, but I could be completely wrong... im not writing the story, lol. I think if Griffith does die (to me, he's already dead anyways and can't be killed again)... and Gutts wasn't the one to do it, then Skullknight would be second in line. He's the only one (other than Gutts) with a sword powerful enough to do any damage to a God, right?

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Since I'm pretty bad at guessing these kind of things, I'll make a far-fetched guess: CASKA!!!

Heck, even Griffith still had feelings for her since his body was formerly Caska's demon baby. Caska will act dumb and WHAM! knife in Griffith's back! Don't ask how, why, where, etc. 'cause I'm just making stupid guesses... :p

I don't know about Skullknight killing Griffith; his primary focus seems to be Void although admittingly, Godhand may be on his hit list as well. Guts killing Griffith seems too... predictable. However, the consequences of Guts killing Griffith is a more interesting discussion.

Bok Choy [Stir-fried with Rice] said:
Since I'm pretty bad at guessing these kind of things, I'll make a far-fetched guess: CASKA!!!

Heck, even Griffith still had feelings for her since his body was formerly Caska's demon baby. Caska will act dumb and WHAM! knife in Griffith's back! Don't ask how, why, where, etc. 'cause I'm just making stupid guesses... :p

I don't know about Skullknight killing Griffith; his primary focus seems to be Void although admittingly, Godhand may be on his hit list as well. Guts killing Griffith seems too... predictable. However, the consequences of Guts killing Griffith is a mor0e interesting discussion.

I dreamt that once.

How about Serpico. I know this sound stupid, but then the only human capable of killing him other Gutz is more likely to be him anyway.

incognitoX

you fail me
I pretty much think that it has to be Guts that kills Griffith seeing as how he's the one who has the massive vendetta against him..also wasn't there something about Guts being able to harm Griffith because he was both in the astral and physical planes of existence?

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
either Guts or Caska. I just hope Caska makes it out of this alive and whole. Griffith's death will be a blow to her

SexyCharlotte

Darok [Teddybear Supreme] said:
either Guts or Caska. I just hope Caska makes it out of this alive and whole. Griffith's death will be a blow to her

You think so? After Griffith/Femto raped her? Although it was bizarre to see that when she saw him even when she was insane she was drawn to him.

LG

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
well, look at the real world. if a girl DEEPLY cares for a dude, and he rapes her, often she feels it is her fault. To ME, it seems that Caska is putting off a lot of the blame onto Guts. she refuses to see Griffith as anything but perfect. It is everyone else's fault but his. So yes, I think she would still care about him very deeply.

all I have to say is poor Guts. He ain't the best dude in the world, but good god does his situation suck. The only person that matters to him, matters more than anything almost, is Caska. she hates him, and blames him for everything that has gone wrong, loving and caring for the guy that (in Guts' mind) is actually to blame. so from Guts' point of view, Griffith gets everything, and Guts nothing save his duty/revenge.

Darok [Shattered Will] said:
It seems that Caska is putting off a lot of the blame onto Guts. she refuses to see Griffith as anything but perfect. It is everyone else's fault but his. So yes, I think she would still care about him very deeply.

LOL, if i was Gutz, knowing that Caska will do this to me, I will not really save her anymore. Let her realized herself that who will tried to save her most of the time, izzit Griffin or Gutz

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Caska was partly drawn to Griffith because he used the vessel of her demonic child to make his new body. In the state she's in now, she's mainly trusting of small children, women, and pretty shiny objects. Griffith is both a pretty shiny object and could be mistaken for a woman in the right light and angle. Not to say that she didn't recognize him as the Griffith she once knew and loved, but it may explain her attraction to him during that particular scene.
To answer the question about who will kill Griffith, it would be pretty startling if it was Rickertt. He still hasn't heard the whole story about what happened and I do wonder how he'll react when he does. But I seriously doubt that's what Miura-Sensei has intended.

Why does Giffith have to die? At some point he might give up his earthly existence and return to being a God Hand. Perhaps this will happen when his body is destroyed.

I like an ending in which Guts manages to destroy Griffith's dream somehow (perhaps by killing human Griffith), but then dies in the process. Things then get back to status-quo when Femto is re-united with God Hand. Maybe somehow Griffith uses Skully and Gutts to kill Void and increase his importance as a member of God Hand.

-I'm seriously talking out of my ass here. Just thowing stuff out there.

SomeKindOfBlue

How, Caska? How could you not pounce this man?
Miyu said:
In the state she's in now, she's mainly trusting of small children, women, and pretty shiny objects. Griffith is both a pretty shiny object and could be mistaken for a woman in the right light and angle. Not to say that she didn't recognize him as the Griffith she once knew and loved, but it may explain her attraction to him during that particular scene.

LMAO! Golden! :D

I don't think Caska will be the one who kills Griffith (If, indeed, he dies...) But it sure would be an interesting twist...

Other possible candidates (except Gatts, of course) would be .... Rakshas (He just seems to be an untrustworthy, sneaky-hidey type...) Serpico (yeah... why not? Maybe Griffith threatens to kill Farneese and Serpico gains super-ultra power of love... or something...) And maybe Rickert, yeah... Hold it, now I got an even better idea for a fanfic for the contest! Oooooh....

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
I reclon he'll commit suicide. Yeah, I know he feels no guilt from killing the Hawks and raping Caska, but I figure, if all is lost, the castle he strived for in flames, and about to engage in the ginal battle with the Black Swordsman, he'll kill himself so Guts won't have the satisfaction of killing him by his own hand.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
I would really like to see Griffith commit suicide. Consumation of revenge always leaves a hollow feeling in one, and I'd like an ending where Guts and Caska are just SAD about Griffith, not feeling guilty. One where, after the uber-final battle, there is a bit of reconciliation. I truly believe that at least Femto will be removed from the Godhand, if the entire Godhand/Idea structure is not removed.

But, as has been said before, this is not MY version of berserk. I just hope Miura actually ends berserk and doesn't drag it on and on until it dies out.

Miyu

I doubt that Griffith would really commit suicide. The only way it could happen is if he achieves his dream of owning a kingdom and finds out that what he idealized isn't really the same.
But another theory came to mind from my twisted little mind. What if all the bodies that he had to build up in order to get to the castle (aka: his dream) were to turn against him? Just a thought.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Miyu said:
I doubt that Griffith would really commit suicide. The only way it could happen is if he achieves his dream of owning a kingdom and finds out that what he idealized isn't really the same.
But another theory came to mind from my twisted little mind. What if all the bodies that he had to build up in order to get to the castle (aka: his dream) were to turn against him? Just a thought.

but, if Guts destroys Griffith's dream? Say Guts utterly destroys his dream. would he commit suicide then?

small possibility, but I think it IS a possibility.

Miyu

Darok [Shattered Will] said:
but, if Guts destroys Griffith's dream? Say Guts utterly destroys his dream. would he commit suicide then?

small possibility, but I think it IS a possibility.

Knowing Griffith, he would try to kill Gatts.

Mordos Kahn

I'm a llama!
I hope that it is Guts that kills Griffith since the whole series is based on their interaction with one another (wether it be as friends or as enemies). to have it any other way will surely be cool but it would be a huge let down for me. and yes I think Guts will die during that great and final bout, though it would be nice to say otherwise, but seeing how Miura has a history of going down the darkes road in this, I'm sure Guts will die.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
kimchan said:
Hmm, Rakshas maybe? ;)

Hmm, interesting theory :). That'd at least explain that strange smile that he has when Rakshas tells him that he'll one day cut his head off... however, it somehow seems unlikely, especially if Rakshas, unlike many of the "very strong people" who has joined Griffith, is human...

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Dark Wanderer said:
Hmm, interesting theory :). That'd at least explain that strange smile that he has when Rakshas tells him that he'll one day cut his head off... however, it somehow seems unlikely, especially if Rakshas, unlike many of the "very strong people" who has joined Griffith, is human...

It's not really a theory I guess. I just think that it's possible that he meant it when he said he'd cut off Griffith's head.

SexyCharlotte

kimchan said:
It's not really a theory I guess. I just think that it's possible that he meant it when he said he'd cut off Griffith's head.

Well maybe he'll have Griffith's head in a jar after all. We know little about some of Griffith's followers...

LG

Top Bottom