Berserk Over in the U.S.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
Yes, today the final (for now) Berserk DVD has been released in dubbed and subtitles. What did you all think of the dubbing on volume 6 and about how media blasters handled the whole thing. Hopefully some people will put some reviews of the new DVD up here, i'm gonna after I get it tonite. (LIKE ANYONE CARES)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Dragon Slayer said:
Yes, today the final (for now) Berserk DVD has been released in dubbed and subtitles. What did you all think of the dubbing on volume 6 and about how media blasters handled the whole thing. Hopefully some people will put some reviews of the new DVD up here, i'm gonna after I get it tonite. (LIKE ANYONE CARES)

I don't like the dubbing in any anime and DVD 6 at all. It sounds so fake and sometimes you can still see the mouths of the characters moving because Japanese seems to take a lot longer to say something than in english translation. What I do is use the english subtitles and listen to it in Japanese, then do the dubbed anime.

Hey this DVD has some awesome scenes in it. I already had it ( from Hong Kong and it was NOT bootleg LOL) from before...and I won't spoil it for you guys but the Eclipse scenes....WHOA. That's all I'll say. GRUESOME and WHOA.

LG

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Loved te dubbing, it's so much better than most anime dubs no matter what you people say. I think that they handled it very well and it was a good series that deserved to be brought over here.

thedarkhawk

grrrrrrrrrrr
I liked the jap version No dubb just subb
it just looked and sounded better

Gatsu sounded angryer when......Oh dont wanna ruin it

Is my avatar too big? ???

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
you open it in a graphics program, '
MS paint will do

Just halve the horizontal and vertical resolution

then upload it somewhere, and link to the file

jp

I'm a llama!
i loved it myself.

the whole eclipse thing was just amazing... in fact, i kind of wish someone would just make a movie based on episodes 24 and 25. at least as far as the demons and atmosphere were concerned. ;)

although i do have a few spoiler questions for those of you who have read the manga:

1. Where the hell did they go? Did they just teleport into hell or did the world just turn into a giant dimension full of faces and dead bodies?

2. How the hell did Gutsu get out? Apparently he did or he wouldnt be able to do the whole Black Swordsman thing later on...

3. Why the hell wasnt the Skull Knight in there?! ??? i swear... his toy is the mad crap... and id love to see him in animated action! ;D oh, and he was mad coo in the Dreamcast game as well... all 10-20 seconds of it that he was in. ;)

'tis all.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
1. The behelit, activated by Griff's blood and the eclipse, opened up a whole new dimension...the astral/spiritual dimension. ( don't everyone jump on me...I am using the term astral to mean 'otherworldly here) that was inhabited by the demon beings. Think HP Lovecraft if you are familiar with him and his stories of 'other beings in other dimensions.'

Also think HELLRAISER movies: the box opens up the doorways to another place invisible to this world.

2. Guts survived somehow...I suppose...he was able to get away and Femto didn't kill him, like in the manga. But since there's going to be a second anime series, they may show a sequence or a prelude where the SK does come out and rescue Guts somehow. That would make sense...

3. I think SK was missing from the anime because they didn't want to complicate the plot anymore complex than it already was. For example, in the manga, Princess Charlotte explains the story of Gaiseric and Midland and the reason why there's the Tower of Rebirth built over that bottomless pit, where all the sacrified dead of old Midland were 'buried.' I sorely missed SK from the anime though, dubbing or not be damned.

LG

jp

I'm a llama!
ahhh... gotcha. all makes sense now. :) thanks. :)

heres to hoping for SK in the 2nd season of Berserk... if it happens. :)

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
Man, Skull Knight better be in the new Berserk (if there will be one) I enjoyed this dvd like mad. I thought the outtakes weren't as good on this one, there were a lot of good ones but I think they just put way to many on it. It lasts ten minutes on this one. As opposed to volume 2 etc where they were 5 minutes or so. Also, there are so many memorable scenes on this one it's crazy. I think the eclipse went by too fast though in my opinion. It was like basically one episode of fighting. The manga lasted a lot longer with Guts killing demons and stuff I think it was scarier too in the manga IMO It's still classic though.

Top Bottom