Blade of the Immortal?

I'm not sure how this has evaded me, but is it any good? The main character seems a little like Guts from what I've read about it : kill,kill,kill. It also looks like he has no right eye (hmm). A pre-sakaba Kenshin type character sounds good to me...

Samura has a very unique "sketch" style to his art. although his fight scenes (and there are _alot_ of them) can be hard to follow from time to time, they are beautifully done.
i think its nearing the end of the series, not sure though. been a while since ive even picked up an issue...

i think its nearing the end of the series, not sure though.
Samura said so... but the series keep going. ^^;
Volume 12 is due for release in February (but I think volume 13 has already been serialized in Afternoon... damn Kôdansha and their weird release schedules >_< ).

I think I'll be getting the first volume then. :) I read an interview with Samura and he's right on par with Miura as far eccentricity goes. I swear, it must be a requisite for good mangaka.

Kenoh-Sama

&quot;What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I'm not sure how this has evaded me, but is it any good? The main character seems a little like Guts from what I've read about it : kill,kill,kill. It also looks like he has no right eye (hmm). A pre-sakaba Kenshin type character sounds good to me...

Reminds me of how Berserk was back then (as in it was a little known manga with a strong cult following). I'm suprised it still has no TV show. It's really good. Consider yourself lucky Dark Horse comics has it.

crowinghorse13

The pentenant man will pass...
The book is outstanding...I have been reading it since if first started about 6 years ago...before I was a fan of berserk...and next to Berserk, it is my favorite story line of all time...(Conan is of course awesome too...)
Pick up the Blade of the Immortal: Blood of a Thousand or BOTI: Call of the Worm stories...they are my favorite...
Horse

Kenoh-Sama

The book is outstanding...I have been reading it since if first started about 6 years ago...before I was a fan of berserk...and next to Berserk, it is my favorite story line of all time...(Conan is of course awesome too...)
Pick up the Blade of the Immortal: Blood of a Thousand or BOTI: Call of the Worm stories...they are my favorite...
Horse

Funny thing is that it's more popular here then in Japan :)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Egad! Someone adopted my pic   :eek:...guess it was inevitable..
At least it wasn’t paradiselost. ;)

-Griffith

P.S. Removed, responded to, and then put back for the sake of continuity:

you mean sijun's pic
You mean, that isn't really a picture of Mage? *gasp*

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
excuse me, by sijun's pic i meant picture by sijun... and yes, i'm being sarcastic again... its late, g'night

Dammit, now I have to put that back in. ;D

Goodnight, CnC.

-Griffith

What the hell's with the sarcasm? I already pointed out where I got that pic from, who made it, and his other work long ago, and I wasn't claiming I made it. I said "my pic" because I had found it and Walter added it to the database only because I couldn't link to a geocities site. And actually, the creator's name is Dhabih, not 'sijun'. ::)

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I think that mugen is one of the best mangas around. At least I consider it so. You see, to me personally, Berserk is the favourite, but if I must name the best manga ever, I'd go for mugen no juunin. Technically, it's perfect. The story is so unique and realistic that it stuns you right over. And the characters are great to. Yeah, it's a lot like berserk in a way. Manji is suicidal, has no problems killing anything that confronts him, and has a really cool arsenal of weaponry...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
The Manji's opponents are magnificients ( don't remember the names but remember the guys )
There are such great battles !! indescriptible ! :eek:

Wow, I just read the first volume/TPB and I do like it. The inconsistent style of panels is interesting as some are very sketchy and a few look heavily inked. Some panels are also mirrored while others are just cut and pasted and it's kind of strange seeing Manji's bad eye keep switching sides. As for the story, (MINI SPOILER)I'm impressed by how much it was able to transition from the violence at the beginning to the hilarious encounter with Sensei Sori.

Kenoh-Sama

I got the Post card book at Katsucon and it's real nice. It's just like the Berserk: Warcry one. The art is nice and the color peices are a treat to see also. :D

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
3 series on my shelf listed as favorites: Mugen no Jyuunin (okay, blade of immortal), Berserk and Gunnm. Mugen no Jyuunin's art and story plot style went through quite a transition. I don't think Samura's drawing style is hard to follow, I think the fights are brilliant. He really developed overtime with story plots and the realism about humanity though, for the good.

I think Berserk's major problem with the new series, is that the story is dwelling on, and a lot of the characters are slowly losing their personalities. I generally thinks the story can progress faster like the early chapters. Still powerful nonetheless.

I generally thinks the story can progress faster like the early chapters.
I seem to remember that Miura said he first intended the "Hawk Soldiers flashback" to be a lot shorter than it actually turned out to be... So that "fast progression" you're talking about may not be the way Miura normally writes his stuff. The "count episode" was kinda long, and most of it was just about _one_ Apostle, after all...

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
that "fast progression" you're talking about may not be the way Miura normally writes his stuff.

I think it's the way he writes his stuff unintentionally. If that's not the way he is then he dwelled on that personal "flaw" for quite a few years and ... almost a dozen chapters!

I wish there were a BOTI BBS. I'm already having a few nitpick questions after reading more of it. Does anyone know if (an English) one similar to this exists? I can't seem to find one...

Top Bottom