Favorite moments when Guts was young

puella

Berserk forever
Personally, I prefer vol. 1-3(before Guts meet Griffith) to Takano dan arc.
Blackswordsman arc and young Guts!!

I want to ask you what your favorite scene is when Guts was young.

as for me,

youngguts.jpg

3year old Guts holds Shiz's hand. so impressing

youngguts2.jpg

Guts is happy with the ointment which Gambino gave him

Other thant the two, I love the scenes where Guts and Gamibno are. Tears often get into my eyes when I read those scenes. :'(
But I don't know why. just sad and feel sorry for Guts and Gambino.
I love the scene where Gambino taught Guts how to fight.
Actually, all scenes of young Guts. :-*

No matter how cruel Gambino did to young Guts, he was Guts' actual father who Guts unavoidably killed.
Why should Gambino hate such a young kid?

** Relating to young Guts, this is also so impressing scene.
The last page of vol.9, when Guts and Casca made love, ha!
Actually, this is the one of best scenes to me.

vol9.jpg

Casca is consoling Guts for his childhood nightmare.
Miura shows us young Guts with the ointment in the same page where the lovers lie together!
and the line "... At his side, sword too big for a young kid was shining ..."
How damn cool Miura is!
!!!!
!!!!!
!!!!!!

Lliugusamui

around the corner
The worst sad scene is when Gambino attacks Guts, can you see his face ? A face of an innocent child who can't understand why life is si harsh. It's tearing up.
I also love the scene with the ointment
and the baptem of fire, when we see through Guts' eyes, it's great !
Guil

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
I enjoyed the scene when young Caska and young Guts first fought each other. In retrospect, it was kind of cute... awwwwwwwww. :p

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
The scene with the wolves. I dunno why, but that got to me. Guts life had just jumped even FURTHER down the shitter, and then the wolves came to prey on him

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely the scene preceding the wolves and just after his escape from the camp. Guts lying on his back staring at the stars and the moon, half conscious. The back and forth panels with Guts and the moon are a striking allusion to Guts' role in the whole spiritual/cosmic game that he'd one day be co-starring in. And maybe Miura didn't intend it at the time, but he definitely tied it in later on.

Easily the most powerful scene, to me, in the early manga.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Walter said:
Definitely the scene preceding the wolves and just after his escape from the camp. Guts lying on his back staring at the stars and the moon, half conscious. The back and forth panels with Guts and the moon are a striking allusion to Guts' role in the whole spiritual/cosmic game that he'd one day be co-starring in. And maybe Miura didn't intend it at the time, but he definitely tied it in later on.

Easily the most powerful scene, to me, in the early manga.
yes, exactly. I will have to go back and reread that part. I don't remember the Moon thing.

Darok [Shattered Will] said:
The scene with the wolves. I dunno why, but that got to me. Guts life had just jumped even FURTHER down the shitter, and then the wolves came to prey on him

The wolf encounter change mine perspective as him being a helplessly boy. My favourite moment include this becz this was the turning point of the story and the point where Muira first show Gutz his true power.

This is the very 1st step to his awesome power that eventually became capable enough to injured Slann...

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
I have to say my favorite moment was both sad and revealing at the same time. After Guts accidently kills Gambino he runs and runs and runs and then falls down. The sky is black and there are stars.Guts is hoping that he'll just die of exposure or get killed by the wolves. He's surrounded by wolves and he kills the leader. Then the other wolves back away and Guts screams. At that point, tied in with the rest of the story, as a child, not only born from a dead mother, but he defies death constantly, while bringing it to others.

Then there's my other favorite scene where Guts tells Griffith when he first meets him, " I HATE YOU! DON'T PRETEND YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ME WHEN YOU DON'T!!" and they do their fight sequence. Guts, enraged, fighting madly, and Griffith, cool and calm. Then Guts socks him in the face. Ouch. I loved that. LOL

LG

incognitoX

you fail me
My favorite scene of young Guts was more of a flashback of when Guts and Griffith fight in their first or second battle together during Volume 3, Guts is laying down amongst dead soldiers and Griffith yells "oi, you still alive?" and then Griffith tells Guts about his views on life..the last scene is of Griffith smiling while a blurred image of him in his armor with Griffith saying "You're the first person that I've spoken to like this." Leaving Guts thinking to himself in a caption.. "At that time, that man was reflected in my eyes as a beautiful, noble and complete person"

It appears as both of them are feeling different for the first time. Beforehand Guts never really cared for anybody, while Griffith never felt the need to be so open about his views on life. Also it shows how highly Guts thought of Griffith before the whole events of the eclipse.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
For me it was when the wolves attacked him. He wanted the end to come, but he just couldn't stop his sword arm from keeping him from dying. He struggled on, regardless of what should of happened to him.

Oh yeah, and the ointment for the nose thing was cute.

Top Bottom