How did you get into Berserk?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
All I did was post about how I got into Berserk thats all. I didnt do anything wrong
You're right. There's absolutely no rule against embarassing yourself.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Skullgrin140 said:
All I did was post about how I got into Berserk thats all. I didnt do anything wrong

In case you're wondering,
The hostility you're receiving here is a direct reaction to your complete lack of support for the series (heralding yourself as a bringer of a new season isn't supportive, its sad).

The "buy the manga" theme is present throughout the board. People who fly in the face of it get grilled. Cheers.

Skullgrin140 said:
I think you owe me an Apoligie.

Learn to spell dude, or at least use the spell-checker. It makes your posts all the more worthless.

CnC said:
In case you're wondering,
The hostility you're receiving here is a direct reaction to your complete lack of support for the series (heralding yourself as a bringer of a new season isn't supportive, its sad).

The "buy the manga" theme is present throughout the board.  People who fly in the face of it get grilled. Cheers.

Learn to spell dude, or at least use the spell-checker.  It makes your posts all the more worthless.

Well Excuse me but I have alot of support for the series and there is no reason for any of you people to be rude to me!

and sorry if my spelling is wrong, I forgot about that

CnC

Ad Oculos
Skullgrin140 said:
Well Excuse me but I have alot of support for the series and there is no reason for any of you people to be rude to me!

Liking the series and supporting the series are not the same thing. Sorry.

Also, don't be surprised if all these posts get deleted.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
*ahem*. I think I'll try to get this a bit more back on topic;

so from the looks of things, the majority of people were first exposed to Berserk by the Anime, which I guess means that it's purpose worked. After all, the anime was only made to attract people to the manga, and judging by the majority of the people here it seemed to of worked!

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
That's my own personal opinion, so I apologize for making an opinion without clarifieing so :guts: Some anime's are made to attract viewers to the manga the anime is based off of, in addition to just making an anime. I just assumed Berserk was like that :serpico:

but you know what they say about the word assume.. It makes an ass out of you and me.

Well it all started when I noticed the red dvd case standing out in the dvd shop near my Tech school. I gave it a try and loved it! I waited for the releases of the next episodes and got up to volume three before before getting stationed at Yokota AB Japan. There I went to a pre-owned manga store and bought all of there Berserk manga for about 220 yen a piece. Yeah quite a bargin! I love Japan! Anyways I collected all the missing english anime and manga over the two years there and got up to volume 27. Too bad I wasn't interested in buying any of the statues while I was overthere like I am now. DOH!! stupid!! I guess I'll just try to get orders back there. Thats the birth of my addiction.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Walter said:
Fuck you.
Walter said:
You're right. There's absolutely no rule against embarassing yourself.

Sorry guys, I have been gone for a while.  I just came back recently and was reading this thread when I came upon some dumb comments and great responses.  Walter, these 2 replies added up are quite possibly the post of the century.   
:guts:   Anyway, to stay on topic, my friends and I got the first 4 episodes of the anime as they were fansubbed.  Didn't get the rest until they finally finished with the last one.  After that we imported all the Berserk manga that was out at the time and still get new releases to this day.  Sadly I bought the US DVD's as they came out to fill up the box that came with volume 1 just so I can get people into it  (Though I think the Anime is garbage to the Manga).  My friend picked up the Japanese Box set.  If anyone has the money to blow, I recommend it.  It looks slick and has some little extras as well.   It's probably overboard at this point, but I also have a subscription to YA because I like seeing Berserk in it's larger format as well. 

I found out about Berserk the normal way, through the anime. I just sorta had this feeling about it when I picked up the DvD. and now its probably my favorite anime/manga.

Well my neighbor told me about berserk and he had the DC game so i played it and it was loads of fun, so from then on i bought the game as well as the rest of the movies just when they came out :badbone: it was fun watching but i still haven't read any of the mangas i feel like a nub loser compare to everybody else here :judo:

Meathook

The World Eaters are here to save us!
I remember how I got in to berserk. I just got my Dreamcast and was looking for new games beyond Resident Evil: Code Veronica. I picked up Gamer's Republic (Vol 2, Issue 9 March 2000) and leafing though found on page : 50 they had a full page review of Berserk. I've still got that issue and its up beside my Berserk art books.

I don't know why i kept it for so long.

Rented the DVDs with a friend. Loved it till the end. I was a serious christian at the time, and the whole Eclipse/casca-rape thing was really too over the top for my conservative little mind, so I disgustedly turned away from Berserk.

A few years later I completely lost my religion over personal reasons and turned into an asshole, so I returned to the series with a newfound tolerance of pretty much everything, and loved it.

w00t w00t for agnostisism!

CnC

Ad Oculos
mike.william said:
Rented the DVDs with a friend. Loved it till the end. I was a serious christian at the time, and the whole Eclipse/casca-rape thing was really too over the top for my conservative little mind, so I disgustedly turned away from Berserk.

A few years later I completely lost my religion over personal reasons and turned into an asshole, so I returned to the series with a newfound tolerance of pretty much everything, and loved it.

w00t w00t for agnostisism!

Berserk is the DEVIL! :troll:

I am a big fan of Rurouni Kenshin so I bought a DVD because Cartoon Network stopped playing Kenshin episodes.(Summer 2003) One of the special features on the DVD was a clip of Berserk. The first time I watched the clip, I was confused. I could not tell what Berserk was really about. So I searched online for Berserk and checked out a few websites (ArcticNightfall, Yong's Berserk Page, Skullknight.net) and i really started to get into it. Sonn after that I found the spectrum nexus and started reading Berserk volumes posted every week. Since that website was limiting the amount of Berserk manga they showed, I downloaded volumes 4-29 (i know it is illegal but i love Miura's work so much) Since then I have been an extreme berserk fan!

Oh man, I had a friend who owned this game for dreamcast called Berserk. Wed only play it when it was like 12 O'clock at night (8th grade). I thought the game was the most brutal game I had ever seen in my life. But it was a badass game and we played it over and over. Around 3 or so years later I was talking with a friend about anime and he said he had been renting this one called Berserk from blockbuster, but they were missing the last DVD so he hadnt seen the end. He said it was awesome but he heard the ending sucked so he wasnt sure if he wanted to rent the last dvd if they got it. Well a year later im at a friends apartment and were watching FMA, and I start looking through his anime and I see berserk. So I borrow it and I watch it and am completely hooked. Its not for another month do I realise that the game I played as a kid was connected to the series. And now after reading all the manga currently out and watching the series, I wish I had a Dreamcast so I could play the damn game again and know what the hell is going on...

I had been told by multiple people that i reminded them of the main character. Physically, and personality wise. I bought the anime based on curiosity. I was automatically hooked, and the manga soon followed.

Top Bottom