How did you get into Berserk?

M

medievald00d

a few years back a friend told me berserk was "the bloodiest anime ever" That got me thinking, berserk..i wonder whats its about (thats all he told me).

my cousin lent me Berserk and all 95 episodes of Kenshin for a weekend about half a year ago. I spent the weekend watching Kenshin till my eyes burned out...(95 episodes in 3 days isnt healthy you know...)

Anywayz, i saw berserk at the end of the pile and made sure my cousin burned a copy of those cd's to give to me. I watched them under the pretense of "bloody but not gonna be great". Boy was i wrong. Nuff said, i've been hooked ever since.

Zen

I'm a llama!
I suppose I win on most randomly bizarre introduction to Berserk? heh..

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1889

A friend passed me the two first episodes of the anime, I were impressed by them and went to look for the rest. When I knew that they were bassed in a manga I looked for the scans too. And now I am an addict to Berserk :D

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
I got into Berserk throught the manga, not the anime like most of u. There was this place that rent out Manga at chinatown. I got hook immediatly by the awesome artwork. It was something that blown my mind away. The story is unlike anything I seen before. This was way back in mid 90's. Can't remeber exactly what year. Felt lonly that no one knows about Berserk until when the anime came out, the fan base dramatically incease.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Heard about it from a friend, borrowed his VCDS of the series the same weekend I was supposed to be doing a huge project for school. Guess which one I picked? I watched it, purely, and without English subtitles, on that very Sunday. Here I am.

-Griffith

P.S. I still remember how I felt watching the end; I specifically remember the sound of Beherit playing, the green of the statuesque monstrosities surrounding Guts and Casca, their skin color which seemed out of place in that world, and of course, the red. It was beautiful.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Metal Soldier said:
A friend of mine from another forum had mentioned Berserk a few times when talking about good animes. Then at A-Kon XIII I saw it at Media Blaster's table in the dealer's room. I picked up the Dreamcast game along the way, and finally set down and watched the fansubs. After that I found the manga scanalations and read them as fast as I could get them. I've been hooked since, and want more!
Considered buying the manga yet?

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Sometime my freshmen year, I believe, I was in a local anime store just off campus (Anime Plus). They always have something playing in the place, and it so happened to show this little kid (gatsu) bringing a sword to a 'knight' (gambino). I thought it looked pretty cool, as it reminded me of Heroic Legend of Arslan, which I loved from years prior. Anyway, I figured it was another good medieval-type anime, so downloaded the fansubs w/the help of my roommate.

Within a month I watched the series twice, having seen it myself the first time, then showing it to my roommate and friend.

N

Nasferatu Zodd

Lady Griffith said:
Basically I just walked into Blockbuster two months ago and I saw the DVDs there under New Releases. There were four DVD's. I just thought it looked like an interesting series and the thing was, I didn't intend to go there looking for it. I took the DVDs home and screamed after the 4 were over because it left me hanging...it was when Griffith drank the so-called poisoned drink and fell on the floor.

LG
I know im not old but i dont give a fuck im still gonna answer. My story almost like that. I went into Blockbuster to rent a PS2 game and i saw the first two Berserk volumes out and i was like "Damn, that looks cool," so i picked it up and basically was "addicted".

SlimJ87D

Apollo
two years ago, I was just looking around on my computer, and I saw a title Berserk, I mistaked it for Bastard, and i thought, hey, people said taht anime is pretty cool, hmmmm, how did it get here, so i watched the first episode, and after that, teh next, and i couldnt stop. I still dont know how it got there, if my sis friend uploaded it, or i just clicked on it on accident form P2P program... *shrugs*

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
I was at suncoast a couple years back and saw some Berserk figures. I had remembered hearing about the anime online, and the figures made it seem like it could be awesome. So when the 1st DVD came out a couple months later I bought. I got hooked right away. I completely fell in love with the show. So I bought every DVD as soon as it came out and the GN's when they came out.

i played the dreamcast game which i liked alot a few years ago,

for a couple of years after that i never thought about it,

i just thought it was a cool game,

then one day i was with my girlfriend at the time in media-play,

i saw the 1st dvd, war cry,

i started reading the back and i was intrigued,

after i finished watching it i was hooked, i had to see more,

i went back and bought dvd 2 and 3, thats all that was out then,

i was still unaware of the manga,

i was also doing 80,000 other things in my life so i didnt have any time to look anything up,

i really didnt have anytime to watch the dvds,

but i did 8),

then after the last one made me completely depressed, cause it just stopped,

i set out on a quest on the internet of doom,

then i stumbled upon a picture of super guts, which i thought was quite interesting,

clicked on it, and here i was, in the most complete resource for the berserk world available today,

and now i am a very happy member of this site,

and thats how i got into it,

hmmmmm,

a whole lot of words for "i played the game and i watched the dvds", eh? ;D,

- c

BiQ_

" ... "
Sometime in 1999-2000, a friend in high school had grainy vhs fansub tapes. It just happened that we watched it on one of our anime-allnighters, and I was actually not really too thrilled about it then. Something about freud and a man with a sword that huge did put me off from taking the thing seriously. After a while, we looked it again, and at that time I liked it, mostly for the comedic value seeing a totally, unbelievably powerful guy slicin'n'dicing enemy soldiers as if they were going out of style. I managed to skip most of the deep parts with yawns but then the ending woke me up that there just had to be something else of value in berserk than unintentional comedic value of overkill-powerful warrior. It took me awhile to find out about the manga, but yeah. That's about it. (Granted that I still haven't bought the original manga, just the DVD's and DH releases...)

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Well I wouldn't consider my self an old fan, but back in the late 90's when the fansubs started coming out I got kinda in to it. Then when it finished I got really hooked so I went searching on the Internet and found BSOM. And then maybe a year or so later Walter posted the "Post Eclipse Manga scans" on a very early version of this website, and I got hooked on the manga.

Thanks again Walt.

I came home one day and I felt like watching hellsing so i went in my room to get it and it was gone. SO i went upstairs to my sisters apartment thinking she must have it...not there.

So Im shiting bricks wondering where my hellsing is when my sister comes home and was all like oh i let danny(her ex bf) borrow it. I was pissed cause i didnt know this kid and she was all like relax he let us borrow this in exchange....It was berserk and he was all like "oh this is better than hellsing i bet." and i was all like "yea right better than hellsing my ass."

I kinda just looked at the box like what the hell is this and she was going out with her friend that night and was all like "dont watch it without me" so i kind of just stared at the box angrily thinking this looks and sounds so stupid and i looked at the behelit on the "box of war" and was like ew what the hell is this ugly thing.

so anyway we watched like the first disc that night and i was kind of like "whatever nothing special" and then i dont know i became obsessed with it out of nowhere and even though me and my sister said we wouldnt watch it without each other i couldnt help it. She works nights and i had to go to school during the day. I stayed up all night on a school night and watched it and was pissed off(not to mention tired) the whole next day about the ending :-[

and so began my manga obsession...

and that is how berserk and I fell in love :-*

Posted by: Shouki Slann Posted on: July 01, 2004, 04:10:32 PM \
and so began my manga obsession...

and that is how berserk and I fell in love :-*

interesting story,

the anime has gotten alot of people into Berserk,

i just wish i had someone obssesed with me like that ;),

- c

No special way, found the anime by some other guys who watched a bit of that kind of thing and said it was good, then a few months later at a lan I saw on someones PC a title called Berserk manga. I was like "fuck, there is a manga?" and here I am.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
1997... saw a few issues...
anime came out... me like
came to sk.net... (back in the scan's days)

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Dreamcast is still worth playing with its power of emulation... I also love the game Berserk on it, I'll play it right now.

Top Bottom