Anyone Watch Pride or UFC?

Good Lord, Vitor looked in great shape, but man, wtf is with that mop he had over his head?

Laffs at Chuck Liddell, I knew Chuck sucked, he always connects with those wild shots that had no momentum in them (since he's always moving back). He's simply not aggressive enuff and his counters aren't that great.

Did you see Matt Lindland? Hahahahah, that was hilarious :p

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I havent seen a UFC in forever and a day but they have K2 fights over here...My girlfriend loves those...going to need to check some of those out. Wtf ever happened to Ken Shamrock?

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Well, Elvis never seemed to tough anyway, but getting raped by a Japanese tomato can is just ...

too bad.

I couldn t believe how much Mirko has improved his ground defense. He threw Heath around like a "small child" tm.
At one point, while lying down in disbelief, Heath seemed lost in space:he lloks in his corner - no response, while before him there's a Croatian punching machine telling him to get up.
Priceless. Heath should change coach tough...

Yeah, Cro-Cop is definately the authority. He is gradually building up his experience in MMA. With a very surprisingly good ground defense strategy, he is able to dominate not just on his feet, but on the ground too.

But something to look forward to is the return of Igor Vovchanchyn. I hear he has dropped his weight from HW to LHW. With the Pride GP just around the corner of the hot summer, I hope that the following fighters can duke it out:

Wanderlei Silva (hopefully the axe murderer will have his knees ready, definately one of my favorite fighters for his no fear, total destruction attitude)

Quinton Rampage Jackson (The cream of the crop, looks good in the ring and on paper. Definately the rightful #1 contender for the LHW title, which is currently worn by Wandy. His acting sux tho, when he tries to be mean, he looks very stupid)

Sakuraba (Hopefully this fallen monkey will rise up to the challenge in the nick of time)

Mirko Cro-Cop (Oh man, I just love K-1 fighters porting over to Pride FC rules. He is working in some BJJ, which has proven to be very effective thus far. He has the size, the arms and the trunk like legs. It'll take more than just brute force to take this bad ass down, coz he has some real martial arts skills)

Antonio Rodergio Nogeira (Hopefully this monkey can bounce back from his loss from Fedor,... or maybe not?)

Feder Eleiminko (Russian Top Team sensation. He's got the dead boring Face, dead boring stance but action that's unsurpassed. This guy can wrestle, can strike, and can GnP).

Ricardo Arona (Well, he says he's in)...

Kevin Randleman (3 way gang-bang with Arona and Rua)

Murilo Rua (Hahaha, wants revenge from Arona and Randleman)

Alistair Overeem (uh oh, spaghetti oh. This guy has got some major reach advantage and some nice snappy kicks. Has fought some tough competition)

Igor Vovchanchyn (I hope this ice cold polar bear killer will make his way back from 2 straight losses from Pride. He is dropping in weight, his fight in Amsterdam against Bob was ownage. Unfortunately, the rules there did not allow GnP, so a big disadvantage for him. But he's back, meaner, badder, and carrying a ripping six-pack).

Well, those are just my rants of Pride. If possilble, I want to see Dan Hollywood Henderson to give it a shot, but thats highly unlikely.

White_Hawk said:
Well, Elvis never seemed to tough anyway, but getting raped by a Japanese tomato can is just ...

too bad.

I couldn t believe how much Mirko has improved his ground defense. He threw Heath around like a "small child" tm.
At one point, while lying down in disbelief, Heath seemed lost in space:he lloks in his corner - no response, while before him there's a Croatian punching machine telling him to get up.
Priceless. Heath should change coach tough...

Nah, Heath doesn't need a new coach, he needs to make his standup more effective, and work on some tripping type of takedowns coz he clinhes a lot. Also, he gotta get rid of that stupid skunk hair-do. Quite simply speaking, he is at a disadvantage with the JJ, because he got those really short arms, lol.

White_Hawk

UrashimaSenpai said:
But something to look forward to is the return of Igor Vovchanchyn. I hear he has dropped his weight from HW to LHW. With the Pride GP just around the corner of the hot summer, I hope that the following fighters can duke it out:

Wanderlei Silva (hopefully the axe murderer will have his knees ready, definately one of my favorite fighters for his no fear, total destruction attitude)

Hmm, I fear Wanderlei gradually gave into the glory bucks and acting theme too. He fights tomato cans lately, and all that crap with rampage is just too WWF craplike.

Quinton Rampage Jackson (The cream of the crop, looks good in the ring and on paper. Definately the rightful #1 contender for the LHW title, which is currently worn by Wandy. His acting sux tho, when he tries to be mean, he looks very stupid).

He's cool. I saw his first fight in KOTC recently. Great heart. Little tech, all ghetto power.

Sakuraba (Hopefully this fallen monkey will rise up to the challenge in the nick of time)

Naah, if Sak has any brains left undamaged he should buy a first row ticket and enjoy the show from the right perspective.
Mirko Cro-Cop (Oh man, I just love K-1 fighters porting over to Pride FC rules. He is working in some BJJ, which has proven to be very effective thus far. He has the size, the arms and the trunk like legs. It'll take more than just brute force to take this bad ass down, coz he has some real martial arts skills)

Not only my Croatian pride speakin, this guy is really a No.1 contender. It's really lucky he got Fedor instead of Nog, cuz he'll smack Fedor.
Antonio Rodergio Nogeira (Hopefully this monkey can bounce back from his loss from Fedor,... or maybe not?)

Of course he can. He is the strongest fighter alive. Only crocop can match him, and once on the ground it's all over for my champ.
Feder Eleiminko (Russian Top Team sensation. He's got the dead boring Face, dead boring stance but action that's unsurpassed. This guy can wrestle, can strike, and can GnP).

I'd say he gave all he had into beating Nog. Fujita messed him up real bad. Considering the fact that Mirko almost KILLED Fujita, you do the math.
Ricardo Arona (Well, he says he's in)...

He should be a dancer in some strip joint.
Kevin Randleman (3 way gang-bang with Arona and Rua)

Bad mofo, but he lacks a lot of pro experience and tech. Plus he makes silly comments about tito.
Murilo Rua (Hahaha, wants revenge from Arona and Randleman)

Ninja may be the most boring fighter in all of Pride (excluding japanese tomatos)
Alistair Overeem (uh oh, spaghetti oh. This guy has got some major reach advantage and some nice snappy kicks. Has fought some tough competition)

He's ok, but too light.
Igor Vovchanchyn (I hope this ice cold polar bear killer will make his way back from 2 straight losses from Pride. He is dropping in weight, his fight in Amsterdam against Bob was ownage. Unfortunately, the rules there did not allow GnP, so a big disadvantage for him. But he's back, meaner, badder, and carrying a ripping six-pack).

Vov is really great. He embodies the Russian spirit very well. A match with Crocop would be really messy for bith of them...

we'll see...very soon

You know, I beg to differ concerning Wandy. Though he has been fighting a lot of tomato cans, the list is very long. The fact is, he cleaned them up easily, unlike many other fighters that get the upset. Besides, he's fought some tough competition like Dan Henderson and Sakuraba. And Sak did beat Rampage, so I don't know, it is a tight rope, and tho Wandy hasn't had that much l33t fights, he's been fighting consistently.

Also, I wouldn't underestimate Fedor, he has one of the best sprawls in the game and his pancreas style wrestling is very good. It seems to me that he prefers GnP instead of grappling, so it would be interesting if he was on top of Mirko. No offense, but Mirko hasn't had much experience vs. a GnP guy (unless u consider Heath one, I don't). Like you indicated, a battle between Mirko and Vov would be a bloodbath. Unfortunately, I think that Vov would get the upperhand since he does have some nice JJ moves. What'd I'd like to see Mirko do next is to work on some grappling moves, to add to his arsenal for his ground game. Certainly, he can demand the fight to go back up to the feet, but that won't happen all the time (for instance, his opponent catches him with couple of good shots in the strikes, thus he must take him down to improve his situation). That is why I'd say that Fedor and Vov probably have an advantage over Mirko. Mirko is sort of a 1-dimensional fighter migrating over to 2-dimensional, whereas Fedor and Vov are well established 2-dimensional fighters. I dunno, just my 2-cents. Also, Randleman has a long history of fights, but he just plain sux coz his ass is too big.

White_Hawk

UrashimaSenpai said:
You know, I beg to differ concerning Wandy. Though he has been fighting a lot of tomato cans, the list is very long. The fact is, he cleaned them up easily, unlike many other fighters that get the upset. Besides, he's fought some tough competition like Dan Henderson and Sakuraba. And Sak did beat Rampage, so I don't know, it is a tight rope, and tho Wandy hasn't had that much l33t fights, he's been fighting consistently.

Indeed, but his consistency came thru tomato cans, which is bad. The pride management keeps him nice n tight for some bigass event (probably quinton). He is still a very tough sob, with a uniqu attitude (reminds me of those eva serial production units)...

Also, I wouldn't underestimate Fedor, he has one of the best sprawls in the game and his pancreas style wrestling is very good. It seems to me that he prefers GnP instead of grappling, so it would be interesting if he was on top of Mirko. No offense, but Mirko hasn't had much experience vs. a GnP guy (unless u consider Heath one, I don't). Like you indicated, a battle between Mirko and Vov would be a bloodbath. Unfortunately, I think that Vov would get the upperhand since he does have some nice JJ moves. What'd I'd like to see Mirko do next is to work on some grappling moves, to add to his arsenal for his ground game. Certainly, he can demand the fight to go back up to the feet, but that won't happen all the time (for instance, his opponent catches him with couple of good shots in the strikes, thus he must take him down to improve his situation).

Well, no point getting techy about all this, since all the talk in the world cannot predict the outcome of such top fighters. Since I have access to information of Mirkos training, he does a lot, lot lot of groundwork, bjj et similiar, just that he hasn't showed it yet. Heath was a great warmup, but what I notices about mirko is a total lack of fear, which I would attribute to the Sapp victory. Facing such a gorilla and then smacking him 4 good does make you realise your potential, I'd say. :)
That is why I'd say that Fedor and Vov probably have an advantage over Mirko. Mirko is sort of a 1-dimensional fighter migrating over to 2-dimensional, whereas Fedor and Vov are well established 2-dimensional fighters. I dunno, just my 2-cents. Also, Randleman has a long history of fights, but he just plain sux coz his ass is too big.

Russian fighters are similiar to our guys. Mirko used to sparr with ukrainian fighters (only ones that dared) last year, and he's got respect for them. It's gonna be a great match indeed...

White_Hawk

trenchteam said:
All I can say!

Enson Inoue and Sakuraba kick ass! Did you watch how Sakuraba man-handled all the Gracies? :eek:

Dude, I really respect those guys, but they suck ass. When was sakuraba's last victory? Where the hell is enson anyway? Is he alive?

Those guys were really great a few years ago, but time passes and they ain't getting any younger. Props for kicking the gracies, but when you lose to a schembri you know it's time to say goodbye.

BOB

poruno sutâ
MangyKid Ver.4.3 said:
wow, 85.7% of the posts in this thread by the same 2 guys! that's the record now, write it down.

mixed martial arts confuse me

It was 83.33% excluding your post mangy. Including your post they only made it up to 76,92%
and now with my completely worthless post here their thread domination decreases to a hilarious 71,43%

dont do milk mangy

White_Hawk

Hey guys, stop cracking our percentage!
MMA is the closest you'll get to Berserk, so you should give it a shot... ;D

somehow I thought there were 14 posts instead of 12, i am retarded, though, so that might be it. I can barely do one martial art, let alone 8 all mixed together. I was learning wing chun, and will probably continue with it. See, my master and his master got into a fight (possibly physically too, I don't know) over something or another and he left his school (it was really just his basement, but very professional.) so now we have nowhere to go to train. But Sifu goes to my bud Ed's house sometimes to train him on saturdays, I should get in on that.

bandofthehawk (Salem) said:
Really reaching here, but being a big fight fan for the longest time, do we have any followers of combat?
A lot of my close friends are really into martial arts, which results in me watching a number of UFC events. I don't keep up with the MMA world as much as I could, but I am familiar with a few bigger fighters. The Anthony Pettis & Rafael dos Anjos match tonight should be insane!

There's definitely a lot of talk about the fight. A few friends and I are planning to hit up our favorite Filipino spot to watch the game. I've only been following Rousey's fights.

:ubik: Awesome to have fans on here. Berserk is so violent and mma is well...mma. I'm having a few people over for this stacked card. :ganishka: Been awhile since every fight lined up is exciting to me.

Ordered the ppv last night out of boredom and I would have paid a grand for that look on Rouseys arrogant face. So happy right now. Mma for me is what football is for many people here in america. Last night was like watching my favorite team destroy my least favorite team. I think I scared my wifes friends with my best Guts rage roar upon the win.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Salem said:
Ordered the ppv last night out of boredom and I would have paid a grand for that look on Rouseys arrogant face. So happy right now. Mma for me is what football is for many people here in america. Last night was like watching my favorite team destroy my least favorite team. I think I scared my wifes friends with my best Guts rage roar upon the win.

I happened to catch a clip after the news came out on Twitter. I wouldn't call myself an MMA fan, but I had seen/heard a lot about Rousey, as well as one of the documentaries about her. I guess I can imagine that fans of the sport are kind of sick of hearing about how great she is if even non-fans know who she is! :slan:

Anyway, from what I read last night, Rousey did quite a lot of chasing around without much to show for it, and her style of fighting was classified as "too wild" to beat out Holm. I wonder if she'll be rethinking her approach from now on.

Grail said:
I happened to catch a clip after the news came out on Twitter. I wouldn't call myself an MMA fan, but I had seen/heard a lot about Rousey, as well as one of the documentaries about her. I guess I can imagine that fans of the sport are kind of sick of hearing about how great she is if even non-fans know who she is! :slan:

Anyway, from what I read last night, Rousey did quite a lot of chasing around without much to show for it, and her style of fighting was classified as "too wild" to beat out Holm. I wonder if she'll be rethinking her approach from now on.

Rousey coming back after that will really define her career. When someone not only beats, but breaks you, self confidence is shaken. That is what I look forward to the most. After such a big loss, can she mentally overcome adversity. It would be almost impossible to bypass the media and not believe your own hype. I hope a certain 10 year womens champion finally enters the UFC. :guts:

Top Bottom