Episode 222

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walter said:
Skull Knight mentions that he used to wear similar armor.
Er... Not really, no. ^^;
Guts overhears Flora and Skully talking about the past
No, he's not there at all.
Flora says that, “what we did was very dangerous.” “The result was not good.”
Huh? ^^;
“Causality is a spiral (Puella insists that this infers a pattern in causality), but that doesn’t necessarily mean that Guts and his band will make the same decision that you and I once did."
Actually, she says that they (Guts and his friends/Guts and Casca?) may not choose the same path as they (the Skull Knight and Flora) did, as the Causality isn't a circle, it's a spiral.
Guts says after he hears all of this that “He is like Griffith.”
No, that's what he said when he first heard Gaiseric's story. The websmaster is wondering if the Skull Knight is supposed to be similar to Griffith or to Guts, after all...
Something is happening with Farnese and Serpico’s relationship. Whatever it is, it’s apparently “good timing” according to the summarizer.
No, the webmaster says that he'd like to see a special episode about the Skull Knight's past, just like there was one about Farnese and Serpico.
Flora tells him that "I want to see your smiling face once again, with my own eyes"
She was talking about Schierke, it seems.

eirias said:
More specifically, he's worried Guts will make the same decisions he and Flora did.
"More specifically"? There _is_ a problem with the armor.
I 'm not sure if the "decisions" part has something to do with the armor or is another matter altogether, but there is a problem with the armor.

Lady Griffith said:
The wound won't heal because it's inflicted by a God Hand member. Interesting...so what would the cure be, a magic spell I wonder, or fairy dust? My bet is a little of both.
My bet is "3v1L 4Rm0R"! ^^

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Was wondering about something. I think that the house of Flora is protected with some kind of magic spells no ??? So it must be some powerfull apostle to break this magic. Because if I remember correctly, the place where Flora leave must be like a place with elf, so with no evil spirit. So how the apostle now where Flora leaves ?? They could have found the Cave, but normally not Flora house ?

Waiting for your answer.

puella

Berserk forever
Olivier Hague said:
Er... Not really, no. ^^;No, he's not there at all.Huh? ^^;Actually, she says that they (Guts and his friends/Guts and Casca?) may not choose the same path as they (the Skull Knight and Flora) did, as the Causality isn't a circle, it's a spiral.No, that's what he said when he first heard Gaiseric's story. The websmaster is wondering if the Skull Knight is supposed to be similar to Griffith or to Guts, after all...No, the webmaster says that he'd like to see a special episode about the Skull Knight's past, just like there was one about Farnese and Serpico.She was talking about
Thank you. ;D
I was confused with summary, between his own speculation and the story of chapter. I was in a hurry.

Schierke, it seems.

Well, doesn't Flora say "Old friend"? I was confused with that. ::)

Anyway, I just wanted to give some rough summary though I was confused so much. :p

sendo7 said:
I think that the house of Flora is protected with some kind of magic spells no ??? So it must be some powerfull apostle to break this magic.
Flora comments that her powers are waning.

puella said:
Well, doesn't Flora say "Old friend"? I was confused with that. ::)
Yeah, but it's not the first time, is it (not 100% sure)? ^^;

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Sorry Olivier but I'm french, what does waning means ? It's like vanish ??

And Thinking of Slann telling griffith about Gutts party becoming to powerfull, I think it's very strange.
If you take the dialogue where griffith and guts meet in the 22 or 23, Griffith say that gatsu and caska doesn't mean anything now for him. And know with just Schierke ad, the Gutts party becoming menacing for Griffith. Doesn't make sense for me.
And we must rethink that slan don't see schierke, caska and all... So... Can't wait to have the scan...
aahahah :eek:

argon

I love Gatts Fury
Wow surprising chapter !
Can't wait to see the new armor :eek:

And Thinking of Slann telling griffith about Gutts party becoming to powerfull, I think it's very strange.
If you take the dialogue where griffith and guts meet in the 22 or 23, Griffith say that gatsu and caska doesn't mean anything now for him. And know with just Schierke ad, the Gutts party becoming menacing for Griffith. Doesn't make sense for me.

yes, waning = décliner
As for what Griffith said, I guess it is not that they were no match for him but more that he has no more affection/feelings for Guts and Caska, as opposed as what happened (if i'm not wrong) at the end of the Eclipse when he didn't crush Guts on Skully's horse. (it seems he is hesitating to do it after seeing Guts' face).

Oh and welcome for a new French here :)

Title: Claw marks
Flora is puting some protective symbols on a armour. She then says how she never expected to bring the armour out. Skully stares at the armour and tells Flora that she should know how dangerous it is and that she has no reason not to know that. But Flora believes that it is needed for the upcoming journey. She explains that history may look like it repeats itself but destiny is a spiral and not a circle. She then says that they may not choose the same fate/error as them.
At that instant, the two of them sense a pressence. Skully gets on his horse to fight off the intruders.
Flora then says, "Will you fight for me? Either way I am....."
Skully replies, "Then let it be a peaceful one."
Skully then goes off to fight Zodd and his army.
Flora then says, "I would have liked to seen your smile, just once more."

Meanwhile, Gutz and the group are heading for Flora's house. Gutz suddenly falls down. Scherkie explains that the wound to the flesh may have healed but the wound inflicted on the spirit hasn't healed and if it is not treated, he may die. Gutz gets up saying its nothing and starts walking again. Scherkie asks Gutz what happenned through telepacy. She is certain that the wound didnt come from trolls. Gutz then tells Scherkie that he hit a monster pretending to be an angle with the Slayer.
Scherkie then notices a weird pressence. Gutz tells Farnazee and Caska to stay behind. As they hurry back to Flora's, the tree is up in flames

end of chapter

I'm wondering why Griffith is sending Zodd out to kill Flora. And I wonder if the other members of Griffith's army is around.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Interesting chapter!! I cannot wait to see it! I'm also becoming more interested in Skull Knight and Flora's relationship.. [lame idea]anyone think King Gaeseric might of had a Queen?[/lame idea]

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
why does this make me worry that berserk may not last as long as we anticipated? Griffith suddenly coming directly at the party makes me feel as if the end has drawn MUCH closer... not as in next issue closer, but rather within a few volumes rather than in 10 years

I sure hope I'm wrong...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Darok [Biker Wannabe] said:
why does this make me worry that berserk may not last as long as we anticipated? Griffith suddenly coming directly at the party makes me feel as if the end has drawn MUCH closer...
I sure hope I'm wrong...
Don't worry, you are. There's nothing here that says that Griffith is there with the attacking apostle(s). Maybe you just want it to be so?

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Walter said:
Don't worry, you are. There's nothing here that says that Griffith is there with the attacking apostle(s). Maybe you just want it to be so?

I had a typo there... Griffith's FORCES suddenly coming directly at the party

Thanks Saiki. Wow interesting stuff. First an evil sword and now evil armor, plus Gattsu's pure hatred for Griffith. if that isn't a recipe for a dark knight than i don't know what is. So did Slann inform Griffith of Gattsu, Skully, and Flora? It'll be good to see some development with Skully and Zodd. I wonder if Flora is really a huge threat to Griffith. Also, the summary seems to imply that Flora is dead, since the house is in flames.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Saiki said:
Flora then says, "Will you fight for me? Either way I am....."
Skully replies, "Then let it be a peaceful one."
Flora is sure to die soon: Skully is battling only to grant her a peaceful passage.

So what advantage could have the Godhand to kill a enemy that is already dead and that they have left alone so far? The armor? But certanly it could not be so potent to worry them...or could it? Or it is something that is fated to happen if Guts should don the armor ?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Well that's a little bit of a letdown...

Skully always looks like he's smiling... sort of.

Anyway, WOW. This chapters make me salivate. Just curious, what’s the new armor look like; Gaiseric-style perhaps?

Flora: "Will you fight for me? Either way I am....."
Skully: "Then let it be a peaceful one."

One valiant motherfucker. :)

-Griffith

I wonder how old Flora is. I get the impression that she's had a much longer lifespan than a normal person's. If being involved with magic has some sort of effect on aging how old is shierke? Also what is shierke's connection with flora? Is she her daughter, some sort of child prodigy that Flora found, or an orphan that Flora took under her wing? Yeah, alot of questions. Oh well, I will leave you with these final words.

Skully is one noble badass motherfucker.

incognitoX

you fail me
Wow...just wow at this chapter..things have been going extremely well in the story presently.

but Skull Knight went off to fight the apostle army right..wouldn't he have been able to hold them back unless it was an insane amount of soldiers dispatched to kill Flora?

Hopefully the next chapter we'll find out the reason why Zodd and the army are sent to try and kill Flora and maybe see a fight.

Thanks guys/ladies for all the information..this definitely made my day.

This is really getting better and better, seldom any manga that could improved as time goes on. Most of them deteriorate instead.

Saiki said:
As they hurry back to Flora's, the tree is up in flames

I m sure that everyone knows that getting to Flora house is no easy task, not to mention that it is set in flames. True maybe a powerful apostle or Griffin is help them to destroy Flora, but i wondered is there a possibility that Flora set the fire herself, to give a false signal that she is dead?

Secondly, the main reason that Griffin send his army may not be just because of Gutz or Flora (Gutz just happen to pass by), it might because of that ARMOR

LOL, this is purely speculation. The possibility maybe small, but i know Muira love to surprise us.

puella

Berserk forever
Agent Smith said:
Secondly, the main reason that Griffin send his army may not be just because of Gutz or Flora (Gutz just happen to pass by), it might because of that ARMOR

Griffin? :eek: new character? maybe I missed some damn important character?
Or it's a nickanme that you call Griffith?

** If it's not the case, hum hum, Griffith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom