Episode 222

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the scans Saiyajin.

Awesome episode indeed, Guts' future armor looks great, and Skully jumps on his horse Zorro-like ;D, 223 is gonna be hot with a SK/Zodd fight.

ranemaka13 said:
anyways, did i miss something or did Guts just lose Flora's stay-fresh seal on the Brand?

Slan wiped it with her hand while teasing Guts in episode 219.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Holy shit... this is so exciting!!!!! Now if only I could read what they were saying ;D

Page 2+3.. is it just me, or does anyone think Guts would look a bit stupid in that? It just looks over the top to me :-\

ZOE: http://kuroikenshi.150m.com/Pics/Current%20YA/Chapter%20222/yachapter222-1.jpg ~ Just change the last number to goto the next page.

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
TGIS! (Thank God It's SaiyajinNoScan) ;D Thanks a lot, SaiyajinNoOuji.

I think Miura accelerates the story of Berserk quite fast nowadays. I like it. :)
But quick going makes me curious about several new questions.
Why now did Griffith order his army to attack Flora? Is it a definite threat to him for Flora to help Gatts' group? If it is, why?
How's the result of Championship Battle for the world's strongest man between Skully and Bully? ;D
How about Griffith? Will not he ever fight hand to hand against his enemies including Gatts? Will he just order his battalion to fight and only wait and see the result?
Hewww, I think I gotta keep on close contact to TGIS. ;D

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Uriel said:
Page 2+3.. is it just me, or does anyone think Guts would look a bit stupid in that? It just looks over the top to me :-\

Well, lets see...
The shoulders have an uncanny resemblence to the ones on the armor that just got destroyed. The pattern just extends farther into the torso.

The only other notable thing (from what little we can see) is the neck gaurd. It appears to come up to under the chin. The to "spikes" seem to come from different places from the two pictures. The back of the gaurd seems to reach as far as the back of the head.

Does it strike anyone else as odd that Flora was drawing the tallisman on the inside of the breastplate on the new armor? (I'm assumeing thats what it was) I got the impression that it would take most of the time they were gone to do, but Guts just lost his armor. Does this mean she was planing to give it to him from the start?

When did skully lose one of his neck spikes? I hadn't noticed before, but I'd guess it was fighting slan.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
It was the high neck that bothered me. Although I think Guts will look badass with it.. I wouldn't like him to end up with the worlds highest collar. It only looks good on one manga character:

hiko.jpg
= God​

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
Does it strike anyone else as odd that Flora was drawing the tallisman on the inside of the breastplate on the new armor? (I'm assumeing thats what it was) I got the impression that it would take most of the time they were gone to do, but Guts just lost his armor. Does this mean she was planing to give it to him from the start?

Yup, I think so, a magical armor to protect against the incoming events, though Guts could have refused it in the first place (just like for the magical axe). Some big necklace would have sucked anyway.

Majin Tenshi said:
When did skully lose one of his neck spikes? I hadn't noticed before, but I'd guess it was fighting slan.

When SK appears and free Guts of Slann's grasp, he throws a spike at her wings.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
puella said:
Flora says

Page 2:

Well.I never thought I’d have to take out this armor...

Page: 8 to Schierke

I want to see your shy,smiling face with my eyes just once more(before I die)

Doh! Well, I figured she was talking to Shierke on page 8, but what’s she say to Skully on page 6?

And what's this stuff about Skully flying? All we know is he can jump real good like the Hulk or Doomsday. =)

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
"Well, I think we know that the amror does look bird-like in any case."
Uhh, if you say so.

Dark Wanderer said:
I wonder, if that means that Skully can use magic to some extent? After all, didn't Shiruke say that real skilled magic users can fly?
Well he can also swallow a sword and make it become fused with Beherits.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Griffith said:
Doh! Well, I figured she was talking to Shierke on page 8, but what’s she say to Skully on page 6?

As Saiki said before:
Flora: "Will you fight for me? Either way I am....."
Skully: "Then let it be a peaceful one."
And let me also add their final words after this:
Flora: "Thank you.... I won't forget your sincerity. Old friend."
And Skully leaves.

puella

Berserk forever
Mizar said:
Flora: "Thank you.... I won't forget your sincerity. Old friend."
And Skully leaves.

Well, are they just old friends or....? ::)
Doesn't "I won't forget your sincerity" sound so meaningful?

What the hell is their true relationship? uhhhhh

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Anyone notice the writting to the side of the pages? WIth Puck, Guts, and what not. Wonder what they are saying. Also anyone noticing how Ishidro is now practicing his little roll attack and Puck is imitating him...hehehe.. crazy guys. ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Anyone notice the writting to the side of the pages? WIth Puck, Guts, and what not. Wonder what they are saying.
It's pretty normal of Young Animal to do that. They're just recapping the history of the characters for anyone who hasn't read the manga yet.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
I got the impression that it would take most of the time they were gone to do, but Guts just lost his armor. Does this mean she was planing to give it to him from the start?

And Skully is Flora's paging service.

Remember the Skullyrang? Towards the end of chapter 219.

puella said:
Well, I wish Flora tells us EVERYTHING before she dies....

Well, I wish someone translates EVERYTHING in 222 before I die...

Majin Tenshi said:
Does it strike anyone else as odd that Flora was drawing the tallisman on the inside of the breastplate on the new armor?

Btw, is that the talisman that Flora intend to give Gutz after he had destroy the trolls? If so i can speculate that this armor -when fused with the talisman- can protect Gutz from being posessed!

I guess Gutz is gonna look really different in the future if that was his armor. He would look like a great general (such as Boscone) and it would be hard to recongize between him and Grunbeld!

incognitoX

you fail me
Walter said:
Remember the Skullyrang? Towards the end of chapter 219.

LOL Skullyrang.

Maybe we'll get to see Skully shark repellant. :-X

Flora can't be dead though..who else will be able to heal Guts? I just hope something happens so that Guts wounds can heal, unless that armor can do it.

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Yeah, think so too, the talisman must protect Gatsu from the pain of the apostles. Because in vol03 the god Hand says that the nearest you are from a high level spirit monster the most you will suffer, so with this armor, Gatsu could fight Griffith and God hand maybe.

And I could not pass trough this :
Oh, and Skully can fly afterall. And all this time we thought it was just a magic horse...

I wonder, if that means that Skully can use magic to some extent? After all, didn't Shiruke say that real skilled magic users can fly?

It's a dialogue from some tread before : No skully can't fly for me, he actually just jump for the first floor like a cowboy I think.

Don't you think so ?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Yea... I don't think flying would be the best term. It does look like he just jumped from the top of the balcony. I was thinking more and more about Skully and Flora... Since Skully and Guts seem to be so parallel. I wonder if maybe Caska or Farnese will be Parallel to Flora in some way down the road...Guess I'll have to wait.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
sendo7 said:
Yeah, think so too, the talisman must protect Gatsu from the pain of the apostles. Because in vol03 the god Hand says that the nearest you are from a high level spirit monster the most you will suffer, so with this armor, Gatsu could fight Griffith and God hand maybe.

Maybe... but what about the danger of the armor? Even with my Japanese skills (That is only likely to get me Hauged if I try them out here :p ) I can see that Skully says that it's dangerous. But what, exactly, is so dangerous about it? If it's so dangerous, how could it then helps Gatts?

It's a dialogue from some tread before : No skully can't fly for me, he actually just jump for the first floor like a cowboy I think.

Don't you think so ?

Hmm, hard to say, since it kinda looks like he's floating. But, if he has a flying horse, then why wouldn't he be able to fly himself? It could be quite practical, after all :). However, one thing hat tells against the theory that he can fly, is the way he jumps out of the Behelit-apostle's cave in vol 20...

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Hmm, hard to say, since it kinda looks like he's floating. But, if he has a flying horse, then why wouldn't he be able to fly himself? It could be quite practical, after all . However, one thing hat tells against the theory that he can fly, is the way he jumps out of the Behelit-apostle's cave in vol 20...

Honestly all of this is speculation mine too. Remember that we don't know much about Skully. But he is a men that live 1000 years and past true the eclipse. Maybe he can fly. Flying is a small things comparatively at taking Guts and Casca from the sacrifice of the eclipse. So maybe you're right. Anyway for me in this chapter, skully just jump from the balcony to his horse. ::)

ZOE

I'm a llama!
Uriel said:
Holy shit... this is so exciting!!!!! Now if only I could read what they were saying ;D

ZOE: http://kuroikenshi.150m.com/Pics/Current%20YA/Chapter%20222/yachapter222-1.jpg ~ Just change the last number to goto the next page.
thanks ,that's extremly cool,also thanks the one who posted it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom